PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmmmmmm

RaceChic
05-28-03, 09:58 AM
I was just watching Regis and Kelly on TV. Except it isn't Regis and Kelly today. It's Jeff Gordon and Kelly. Then Gil de Ferran came on. Kelly was giggling and carrying on and really knows squat about racing. The two drivers were having a good conversation amongst themselves and she'd giggle, toss her hair and interrupt with nothing all too important. Hmmmmmmmmm..... race car drivers as hosts? Wouldn't that be too cool! :)
Gil was a class act as usual. :thumbup:
Then they talked about switching and Gil running the Daytona500 and Gordon running the Indy500.....
Just thinking out loud....I'm soooooo bored.:rolleyes:

cart7
05-28-03, 10:39 AM
Hard to believe anyone could be more grating on the nerves than Kathy Lee, but Kelli tops her IMO.

pchall
05-28-03, 10:40 AM
Gil was on Charlie Rose's show last night.

He's a great interview when the host is good.

One more thing -- Penske seems to be puting on the full court press. He's got GdF everywhere! It makes me think that Penske knows he's coaching the team that's down and needs all the help he can get.

IlliniRacer
05-28-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic

Then they talked about switching and Gil running the Daytona500 and Gordon running the Indy500.....

I remember seeing some video clips of DeFerran and Mark Martin at photo shoot when they were both sponsored by Valvoline. Martin looked at DeFerran's car and just shook his head. "You're crazy to get into that they!"

RaceChic
05-28-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer
I remember seeing some video clips of DeFerran and Mark Martin at photo shoot when they were both sponsored by Valvoline. Martin looked at DeFerran's car and just shook his head. "You're crazy to get into that they!"

Yeah. Gordon said he would, but it was discussed that there isn't that much body around the open wheel drivers.
He also talked about the impecable amount of downforce that the open wheel cars have and that you could literally flip them upsidedown and they's still stick to the ground.
Gordon also commented on how impressed he is with the top speed of the open wheel cars. Imagine what he'd think of a CART car with a pile of extra horsepower without traction control.........:D
And yes, cart7.....I completely agree with you except this time it was worse......combine the hugely annoying presence trying to keep up with the commentary of two race car drivers in a sport she knows absolutely nothing about....... :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

cart7
05-28-03, 02:27 PM
Jeffy is actually a pretty good co-host.

Kate
05-28-03, 08:00 PM
Was Jeff Gordon the one in the Rally Car that Marcus Gronholm flipped upside down? By the way he was enjoying that ride, I'd say a Champ Car would be easy for him!

But I wouldn't get in a Crapwagon if I were he. Gil could tell him just how dangerous those things are.

cart7
05-28-03, 08:19 PM
originally posted by Kate
Was Jeff Gordon the one in the Rally Car that Marcus Gronholm flipped upside down? By the way he was enjoying that ride, I'd say a Champ Car would be easy for him!
Yes it was! :D I have a feeling Marcus may have rolled that one on purpose. ;)

IIRC, Gordon and Jimmie Johnson won their little Rally exhibition race. Having done a little off-road rallying myself, anyone with dirt track experience AND a little road course training like Gordon has, could do pretty good in a rally car.

Railbird
05-28-03, 08:30 PM
Gil could tell him just how dangerous those things are.

Or his old buddy Earnhardt could tell him how dangerous stockcars are.

Oh, wait a minute,,,

Kate
05-29-03, 07:50 AM
Motor Racing is Dangerous, yes. But some forms are more dangerous than others. I do think Jeff Gordon would do well in a rally car though, and I bet he'd have a lot more fun.

Ziggy
05-29-03, 09:35 AM
One thing about the promotion. Penske is doing it the right way, He and his driver have won the Indy 500. Like the old saying, make hay when the sun shines. Over the years, and especially the past 15 years or so, I have always been amazed at the lack of promotion from the openwheel ranks. Target was very smart to get Juan, Jimmy and Alex on the television. Take away these guys, and you have zilch. I always thought it was odd that Luyendyke was not made into a media mavin. When he won the "500" driving the Domino's car, an oppertunity was squandered. Why didnt they have some commercials of Arie driving up with a pizza in his Shierson Lola? They could have raked in the dough, instead Arie pedals artwork in Arizona on the side.

Leave it to Penske to do things right. Getting his driver on TV and is a good decision. All openwheel racing should take his que. The only person they seem to be pushing is Sarah Fisher, and what a poor representation for "racing" that bitch is

Ziggy

chop456
05-29-03, 10:45 AM
Helio was on Charlie Rose last year.

Treeface
05-29-03, 11:02 AM
Charlie Rose? That's taking it to the massses. :rolleyes:
The war is over. There isn't enough money in CART and the IRL combined to make a door ding in NASCAR's marketshare.

Kate
05-30-03, 07:06 AM
So what?

Only in Canada is there room for only one of everything. Then they jack up the prices until that one collapses.

Nobody knows what the future will bring. Let us enjoy Champ Cars while we have it.

RaceChic
05-30-03, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Kate
Nobody knows what the future will bring. Let us enjoy Champ Cars while we have it.

Where are they going??? :saywhat: :saywhat: :saywhat:

Kate
05-30-03, 12:56 PM
According to Treeface, down the NA$CAR drain ...

According to me -- Milwaukee ...