PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull

oddlycalm
03-28-09, 10:06 PM
With all the attention on Brawn and the diffuser scuffle Red Bull hasn't gotten a lot of attention but Adrian Newey’s new sled is fastest of all the undisputed diffuser cars with Vettel P3 and Webber P8. What a difference a year makes.

oc

emjaya
03-28-09, 10:42 PM
Don't make me get my hopes up. I'm far too used to disappointment. :gomer:

opinionated ow
03-28-09, 10:52 PM
it's got a lot to do with the suspension setup I reckon...rear suspension works the opposite manner to the other cars apparently.

NismoZ
03-29-09, 11:41 AM
Plus Vettel is REALLY good!:)

TrueBrit
03-29-09, 01:00 PM
I think it was Steve Matchett that wondered just how quick the RB team would be/might be with a Brawn diffuser on the back end....I think we will get the answer to that question sooner rather than later...

Badger
03-29-09, 03:06 PM
I think Adrian Newey is already laying awake at night with different iterations of diffusers running through his brain. With the rules changes, I think we are seeing who the very best engineers are. Some of the established teams like Ferrari and McLaren, don't have their huge database of data to fall back on and without the guru type engineer, it is showing.

Insomniac
03-29-09, 03:08 PM
I think it was Steve Matchett that wondered just how quick the RB team would be/might be with a Brawn diffuser on the back end....I think we will get the answer to that question sooner rather than later...

Or how slow the Brawn GP car is without the diffuser. ;)

Edit: I had the wrong team for the split-KERS, it was BMW, not Red Bull.

Insomniac
03-29-09, 03:13 PM
Moot now, but did anyone wonder if Vettel could've kept going around whether they could protest all the cars who passed him during the yellow?

SteveH
03-29-09, 03:53 PM
Or how slow the Brawn GP car is without the diffuser. ;)

Didn't Rubens say during the post race interview that his diffuser was damaged at the first corner dust up? If so, you have your answer. ;) ;)

oddlycalm
03-29-09, 04:13 PM
Didn't Rubens say during the post race interview that his diffuser was damaged at the first corner dust up? If so, you have your answer. ;) ;)

He said it got knocked off, but no pictures to confirm that yet. No doubt there is more to the Brawn than the diffuser.

Vettel got a 10 grid spot penalty for Malaysia so we will get to see him try to charge to the front. The car was fast right up to the point where the soft tires went completely off.

oc

Insomniac
03-29-09, 05:39 PM

Not sure, I deleted the recording as soon as Button won. I didn't want to see him celebrate. :)