PDA

View Full Version : Remember The Waiting List for Indy 500 Tickets?

chop456
03-27-09, 02:37 AM
Now you can mouse click your way to turn 4 seats for you and 19 of your most gomerish friends and all sit together. The quantity chooser is now a drop-down instead of a blank box, otherwise you might be able to get 200 together. :tony:

Again, as for the last 13 years, great job, Tony. :thumbup:

Stand: Northwest Vista
Section: NORTHWEST VISTA - SEC 8
Row / Seat: NWV : S08 : D : 9-18 NWV : S08 : E : 9-18
Ticket Price: $85.00
Quantity: 20

Don Quixote
03-27-09, 09:04 AM
I thought we have been over this.

it's the economy.
6000 cable channels.
not enough amurican drivers.
no tobacco sponsorship.
global warming.
gasoline prices.
the weather.
auto industry problems.
etc, etc, etc.
:tony:

extramundane
03-27-09, 09:56 AM
I thought we have been over this.

it's the economy.
6000 cable channels.
not enough amurican drivers.
no tobacco sponsorship.
global warming.
gasoline prices.
the weather.
auto industry problems.
etc, etc, etc.
:tony:

It's still all CART's fault. Starched earth!

Methanolandbrats
03-27-09, 10:06 AM
Now you can mouse click your way to turn 4 seats for you and 19 of your most gomerish friends and all sit together. The quantity chooser is now a drop-down instead of a blank box, otherwise you might be able to get 200 together. :tony:

Again, as for the last 13 years, great job, Tony. :thumbup: So, how many did you buy? :gomer:

oddlycalm
03-27-09, 03:30 PM
IMS should offer a deal where if you buy a dozen seats you get an autographed TG commemorative douche bag in designer colors.

They could also offer a Flaming A'hole ring cushions with the flames silk screened on with any block of four seats.

oc

chop456
03-27-09, 06:01 PM
So, how many did you buy? :gomer:

Two. I'm going by myself.

NismoZ
03-27-09, 10:47 PM
Hell, I remember waiting in long lines backing into neighborhoods just to get into practice sessions!

chop456
05-12-10, 06:29 AM
It's that time again. Less than three weeks before the formerly big race and you can get 20 seats together in every stand except the $40 South Terrace. The decks and terrace box are sold out.

Nice work :tony: .

Elmo T
05-12-10, 06:52 AM
I was going to buy a few tickets, but I don't want to drive home in the dark.

BarillaGirl
05-12-10, 09:07 AM
I was going to buy a few tickets, but I don't want to drive home in the dark.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

pchall
05-13-10, 08:25 AM
Two. I'm going by myself.

Is that 36" gomerwide grandstand seating or the regular 18" size?

NismoZ
05-13-10, 10:47 AM
So, it's the 13th, is the place even open yet? Two hour quallies the day before the race, right?:) Used to do it in the morning OF the race at Milwaukee. Worked out just fine.

rosawendel
05-13-10, 10:56 AM
this is what happens when you bring your hammer to work every day, but don't pay attention to how you swing it.

Don Quixote
05-13-10, 11:24 AM
Is that 36" gomerwide grandstand seating or the regular 18" size?Maybe he's buying a seat for his cooler. :D

Methanolandbrats
05-13-10, 11:26 AM
Maybe he's buying a seat for his cooler. :D

That little cooler full of lite beer doesn't take up much room :gomer:

Indy
05-13-10, 04:53 PM
I waited years to overpay for crummy seats inside Turn 2. Then overpaid to upgrade them bit by bit, year by year. The current situation makes that seem like insanity.

Now they send me multiple letters each year begging me to come back.

There is really nothing they could do that would cause me to overvalue that race as much as I once did, and except for a few hundred hard core gomers, I think everyone else feels the same way. IF they made the thing as cool as CART once was, and IF they upgrade the bathrooms, concessions, etc., and IF the ticket price goes to something extremely reasonable and includes pit and paddock, then I will think about it. Maybe.

Stick a fork in it.

NismoZ
05-13-10, 09:12 PM
Planted that fork...YEARS ago!:thumbup:

nrc
05-13-10, 10:58 PM
IF they made the thing as cool as CART once was, and IF they upgrade the bathrooms, concessions, etc., and IF the ticket price goes to something extremely reasonable and includes pit and paddock, then I will think about it. Maybe.

Plus disconnecting your cable. :gomer:

Indy
05-14-10, 12:15 AM
Don't forget the innernets.