NismoZ
03-19-09, 09:25 AM
I love the tone of reports at Autosport:

Schumacher ASTONISHED by new F-1 rules
Alonso HITS OUT at FIA over changes
Briatore calls budget cap decision a SHOCK
Button says new points could CONFUSE fans
FOTA "concerned" (ANGRY) about FIA decisions

Bernie?...Ecclestone UNMOVED by FOTA response.:D "Whenever we have new regulations the teams always complain. The truth of the matter is there should just be a cap for everybody. I want 26 people on the grid of which 16 are competitive."

Hope the season is as entertaining as the PRE season.

Michaelhatesfans
03-19-09, 10:38 AM
Autosport has always had great content, but their headlines are often suggestive, if not downright biased.

There was a trend for quite a while during the Schumacher era when they were fond of using headlines like "Schumacher blitzes field," which, if you think about it, is an interesting choice of verb for a British publication.

I mean, surely they weren't sending an evil German vibe to the British public or anything, right?;)

Andrew Longman
03-19-09, 10:59 AM
"Whenever we have new regulations the teams always complain. The truth of the matter is there should just be a cap for everybody. I want 26 people on the grid of which 16 are competitive." He should know, given how many time they change the rules. And what does it matter what the fans and teams want so long as he is happy?

pchall
03-19-09, 11:49 AM
I I want 26 people on the grid of which 16 are competitive."

Bernie just want to cash the checks.

Methanolandbrats
03-19-09, 12:12 PM
"I want 26 people on the grid of which 16 are competitive"

That's NASCAR, not F1. Things sure are spiraling down the toilet.

STD
03-19-09, 01:21 PM
An unmoving Bernie would be good.

Insomniac
03-20-09, 03:41 PM
"I want 26 people on the grid of which 16 are competitive"

That's NASCAR, not F1. Things sure are spiraling down the toilet.

No one wants to see rolling chicanes on the track.

oddlycalm
03-20-09, 05:37 PM
FOTO should issue the following press release; "The ancient dwarf should cash his checks and shut up."

oc

manic mechanic
03-20-09, 11:33 PM
At least one good thing comes of all this:

"On the first day of practice all drivers must be available for autograph signing in their designated team space in the pit lane." :thumbup:

Quoted from this column:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090317/F1/903179997

That leaves only NECKCAR not making it mandatory for their drivers to appear for the fans during race weekend. :shakehead

F'in necks!! They won't let the fans in the Cup garage (They maintain that the team members and drivers are working and that the fans shouldn't bother them), but they won't require their personnel to make appearances.

Dear Mr. France;

(cue the Dylan song)... Oh, the times they are a changin'....

manic

Cam
03-21-09, 01:17 AM
At least one good thing comes of all this:

"On the first day of practice all drivers must be available for autograph signing in their designated team space in the pit lane." :thumbup:

Quoted from this column:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090317/F1/903179997

That leaves only NECKCAR not making it mandatory for their drivers to appear for the fans during race weekend. :shakehead

F'in necks!! They won't let the fans in the Cup garage (They maintain that the team members and drivers are working and that the fans shouldn't bother them), but they won't require their personnel to make appearances.

Dear Mr. France;

(cue the Dylan song)... Oh, the times they are a changin'....

manic

Still will only be available for those that can afford tix into Bernies Paddock. :irked:

oddlycalm
03-26-09, 05:03 PM
Alonso summed it up nicely in his most recent comments.

"We saw the last three world championships decided in the last race, even last year decided in the last corner, so we cannot be too crazy about finding more show for the people. The show is enough. We just need to find some continuity."

As per usual the drivers, teams and fans wish for continuity while Bernie and Max want to constantly reshuffle the deck and fix that which is not broken.

oc

chop456
03-27-09, 01:48 AM
An unmoving Bernie would be good.

:laugh: