PDA

View Full Version : TV ALERT: "IndyCar Series: Crashes & Conflicts"

Andrew Longman
03-19-09, 09:25 AM
From somewhere else

Saturday 3/21/09 at 2pET on VERSUS...produced by IMS Productions

TUNE IN!!

Crashes and Conflict?

So that's like flying CF and Milka and Danica in a shoving match.

I guess I would be at a loss to figure how to market this abortion too. :rolleyes:

Methanolandbrats
03-19-09, 09:29 AM
From somewhere else

Crashes and Conflict?

So that's like flying CF and Milka and Danica in a shoving match.

I guess I would be at a loss to figure how to market this abortion too. :rolleyes:
Thank God for that program. I was afraid I would have settle for watching Sebring.

Andrew Longman
03-19-09, 09:42 AM
Thank God for that program. I was afraid I would have settle for watching Sebring.

OMG I hadn't thought about this scheduling genius. About half their former audience will be watching Sebring. And could have put it on anytime they liked... like last weekend when the only racing on was weeks old replays of the Chili Bowl.

Insomniac
03-19-09, 11:07 AM
This is the same appeal for NASCAR, right? If so, why would you want to compete against a better brand on their turf?

They need to throw out the technical rule book and start over with 5 pages of technical rules. Creativity and lower costs is the only way out of this.

TKGAngel
03-20-09, 01:26 PM
Crashes and Conflict?

You've got to be kidding me.

Dollars will get you donuts that they'll include some Champcar footage for thrills and giggles.

TKGAngel
03-21-09, 11:29 PM
I took one for the team and DVR'd this cr*pfest.

Tell me, should I send my complaint letter to Versus or to IMS? It's one thing (and not necessarily the right thing) to show the crashes where no one gets hurt. It's great that they can build a show around the fact that the IRL cars have the potential to be seen from space and the series drivers have the potential to act like petulant five-year-olds on occasion.

But it's a completely different thing to show crashes where people were severely hurt. I don't care if they included interviews with the drivers to show the 'fans' that "hey, they survived." It's still in poor taste. There's absolutely no reason that the crashes of Salt Walther, Mark Dismore, Kenny Brack, Davey Hamilton and Stan Fox should be included in a show like this. Those were horrible incidents where the drivers were lucky to walk away with their lives and faced long recovery periods from horrible injuries. If I were them, I'd be upset that my misfortune (at the time) was being used to glorify a racing series.

And maybe I'm just a superstitious sort, but it almost seems like the IRL is tempting the racing gods by glorifying the carnage that has been a part of its history. The racing gods, like the hockey gods, do not react well to being tempted.

On the other hand, AJ Foyt kicking the snot out of Arie Luyendyk will never not be amusing.

trish
03-22-09, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't put in the effort to complain to any of them. They might think you care.

Methanolandbrats
03-22-09, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't put in the effort to complain to any of them. They might think you care. That is correct. The best plan is to forget about AOW. It's all over.

Andrew Longman
03-22-09, 12:18 PM
That is correct. The best plan is to forget about AOW. It's all over.

I forgot to watch, Does that count?:gomer:

Indy
03-22-09, 06:49 PM
Did they show any CART/Champ Car crashes?

As far as I am concerned they can display their disgusting lack of class with their own clips, but when they put the Zanardi crash in there, I think we should build a guillotine at 16th and Georgetown.

RusH
03-22-09, 09:38 PM
I doubt they will celebrate death or grave injury,,,well, maybe Kenny Brack (because as we all know...he is OK now) :rolleyes:

missed it anyway

High Sided
03-23-09, 01:12 PM
Did they show any CART/Champ Car crashes?

As far as I am concerned they can display their disgusting lack of class with their own clips, but when they put the Zanardi crash in there, I think we should build a guillotine at 16th and Georgetown.

there were several cart crashes shown without mention of who and thankfully no alex in the mix

Andrew Longman
03-24-09, 12:48 AM
From somewhere else, they've removed the McDonald crash from the version of the promo they are using to promote ICS generally.

Something I said? :gomer:

It's at the end of the video posted here http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/03/versus_preps_indycar_hockey_pr.php

The Versus self promotion video at the beginning works pretty well. Too bad no one will see it.

Gnam
03-24-09, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure versus only picked up the EARL to use it as feed stock for its "holy ****!" show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_@$%25*!_(TV_series)

TKGAngel
03-24-09, 09:36 AM
The Versus self promotion video at the beginning works pretty well. Too bad no one will see it.

Versus was promoting the heck out of the IRL during last night's NHL game. Poor Doc Emerick having to sound enthusiastic about the series. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
03-24-09, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure versus only picked up the EARL to use it as feed stock for its "holy ****!" show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_@$%25*!_(TV_series) Hockey and The Earl are made for each other. Both involve frequent, violent collisions with walls....maybe all 4,327 NHL fans will become crossover Earl Fans :gomer:

TKGAngel
03-24-09, 02:46 PM
Hockey and The Earl are made for each other. Both involve frequent, violent collisions with walls....maybe all 4,327 NHL fans will become crossover Earl Fans :gomer:

On average, hockey fans are more literate and a bit less crazy than Earl Fans. So I think the crossover potential is a bit low. :)