PDA

View Full Version : F1 Ticket Prices

JohnHKart
03-15-09, 11:58 PM
Planning a (sort of) repeat of my first Europe trip- where I paid 300 bucks for a front stretch trick to the Euro GP at the Nurburgring that Johnny Herbert won for Stewart. Sheesus- Check this out:

http://www.grandprix-tickets.com/index.asp?pageid=WWW_GPT_COM_TKTS_BELGIUM

So it's not just the track owners Bernie's screwing- it's the fans too.

John

dando
03-16-09, 07:40 AM
:eek: Holy craptasticness!

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-16-09, 07:50 AM
F1 at Indy was grate. $20 for fri to sat and then Sunday buy a discounted high dollar ticket 15 minutes before the race and sprint up the grandstands. :thumbup:

Cam
03-16-09, 08:45 AM
F1 at Indy was grate. $20 for fri to sat and then Sunday buy a discounted high dollar ticket 15 minutes before the race and sprint up the grandstands. :thumbup:

Yup! I am looking at dropping over 150 just for GA at Albert Park next week.I spent less tah taht at indy for a seat in J! :flame:

I'd rather park in Ziggys yard and pay the scalpers. I guess we will see.

Robstar
03-16-09, 08:28 PM
My grandstand ticket in Melbourne is close to AUD$450 for 4 days...
Monza in 2007 was around EU$240 for the cheapest grandstand ticket for 3 days...

oddlycalm
03-16-09, 09:45 PM
So it's not just the track owners Bernie's screwing- it's the fans too.
Bernie is screwing everybody because when people stop showing up in Europe and Oz the only races left will be in asia and the middle east. There is a reason there is no race in north america. Bernie didn't learn a thing from the investment banks; myopic focus on short term profit at the expense of all else leads to long term disaster.

oc

Methanolandbrats
03-16-09, 10:22 PM
Bernie is screwing everybody because when people stop showing up in Europe and Oz the only races left will be in asia and the middle east. There is a reason there is no race in north america. Bernie didn't learn a thing from the investment banks; myopic focus on short term profit at the expense of all else leads to long term disaster.

oc Excellent post. That scummy little prick is using one criteria when forming the racing schedule, the highest bid.:mad:

shaggy_socal
03-17-09, 12:51 AM
IIRC Bernie stated something to the effect that it didn't matter if anyone shows up to the race since he makes the bulk of his money on the TV rights.

cameraman
03-17-09, 12:43 PM
Tell that to the people trying to pay Bernie's fee off of the gate.
What was last year's total Spa attendance, 52,000?

The prices x the current economy = many empty seats this year.