PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Post Test Prognostication

NismoZ
03-13-09, 10:14 AM
So, help me out F-1 experts. Ferrari is first out of the box and impresses. Just where they thought they'd be. McLaren is NOwhere, then Something called a Brawn comes along and Massa is calling it "unreachable?" At it's debut most here were making fun of it, laughing at past Honda incompetence and even suggesting how funny it would be if suddenly it all came right! (OC, I think?) Well, guess what?:) Podiums? Victories? Button and Barrichello spraying the Champagne? So, what happened? I'm actually becoming interested!:thumbup:

JLMannin
03-13-09, 01:37 PM
So, help me out F-1 experts. Ferrari is first out of the box and impresses. Just where they thought they'd be. McLaren is NOwhere, then Something called a Brawn comes along and Massa is calling it "unreachable?" At it's debut most here were making fun of it, laughing at past Honda incompetence and even suggesting how funny it would be if suddenly it all came right! (OC, I think?) Well, guess what?:) Podiums? Victories? Button and Barrichello spraying the Champagne? So, what happened? I'm actually becoming interested!:thumbup:

They replaced the Honda engine with a Maclaren-Mercedes customer engine.

The Doctor
03-13-09, 03:04 PM
Massa called the Brawn "unreachable" because to be six tenths faster is ridiculous. While the car appears to be very good, their best laps are probably, as always in these kinds of situations, turned with very low fuel in the quest to grab attention and lure sponsors and partners. However, take fuel loads out of the equation and if the car is being run with a completely legal setup then it shows lots of promise.

NismoZ
03-13-09, 03:54 PM
McLaren-Mercedes engine? Maybe they'll be calling it the Brawn-Mercedes pretty soon.;) You're saying better engine=faster car so McLaren has the same engine and screwed up their chassis? Mostly aero I'll wager. Gotta be a reason we're seeing duckbills and lower noses. (on some) Wouldn't upset me at all to see Rubens win a race or two and see others playing catch-up for a change.

cameraman
03-13-09, 04:36 PM
It is all BS until race day. If there really was an issue Massa wouldn't be advertising it to the world.

oddlycalm
03-13-09, 04:48 PM
suggesting how funny it would be if suddenly it all came right!
Yup, and now it's all come right. :D Aside from being funny it's not all that surprising.

I think we've all known for some time that what was wrong at Honda was Honda. All it ever takes is to put in people that know that they are doing along with competent management and let them do their work. Having Honda appoint people to jobs based on past relationship in a different context was never going to work no matter how many years they plowed away at it.

oc

NismoZ
03-13-09, 06:34 PM
So Massa is a lying sandbagger!? I think he's really concerned. How soon before they all dump KERS 'til '010?

cameraman
03-13-09, 07:32 PM
So Massa is a lying sandbagger!?

Massa? Hell everyone involved with F1 is a lying sandbagger.

pchall
03-16-09, 07:55 PM
Ross Brawn had 12 months as Technical Director for the Honda GP team and another three months keeping the lights on at the facility preparing what would have been the 2009 Honda chassis.

Podiums? Victories? Button and Barrichello spraying the Champagne? So, what happened? I'm actually becoming interested!:thumbup: