PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock SPEED Touring Car race

RacinM3
05-28-03, 01:00 AM
Holy crap what a weekend. Friday, it was wet. They haven't paved Lime Rock in about 1,000 years, apparently. There was more grip in the paddock than on the race track. Spun between 4 and 5 and slid sideways down the track about 150 feet. No contact. Transponder wasn't working, so no time set. Broke a driveshaft in the Friday afternoon session. Got about 11 laps Friday. FeExed replacement driveshaft from CA, and the team spent Saturday qualifying putting it in because it got there so late. Ran the Saturday qualfying race, but started last (28th) because I missed the AM session. Got up to 16th before I put it off on the uphill (I was still learning the place!) and slid back to 28th. Got up to 24th at the end of the 15 lap race.

Monday race day. Started 45th in the pouring rain. Lights go off and I drive into a gray hell. Your head says "lift!" but your heart overrules the brain and keeps the pedal mashed. Picked up 4 or 5 spots at the start. Took to the grass on lap 1 to avoid a crash (look for it on TV!). Made a couple minor mistakes, but it was generally clean. Only got hit twice, no offs. Made it to the finish in 31st. Probably could have been 20th or so without the mistakes, but at least the car isn't going to have to be rebuilt!

I think the conditions made me inprove as a driver. We'll see at Sears Point!

FCYTravis
05-28-03, 04:36 AM
Only got hit twice! Well damn son, you got off easy for a Touring Car race with 51 cars in it! Congrats! I can't wait to see ya at Sears Point!

Kate
05-28-03, 07:27 AM
See you at Atlanta! I can't wait to see that on TV, sounds as if it was a wild weekend although it seems Bill Auberlen ran off with most of the hardware.

Let me know what number your car is and where you'll be in the paddock and I'll drop by to chat.

Eagle104
05-28-03, 09:56 AM
:thumbup:

"Lights go off and I drive into a gray hell. Your head says "lift!" but your heart overrules the brain and keeps the pedal mashed."

Hey Scott...thanks again for another "what it's like out there" report. I enjoy them.

Glad you got out of there as well off as you did, all things considered.

"I think the conditions made me inprove as a driver. We'll see at Sears Point!"

....and we'll be here to hear about it. :cool:

Forza

Eagle

Napoleon
05-28-03, 10:01 AM
When will this be on TV?

RacinM3
05-28-03, 10:52 AM
It's on this Saturday on SPEED at 3PM ET, 12PM PT.

Don't miss the first GT race on right after our touring car race. There's a great pass for the lead.