PDA

View Full Version : Teams propose points system changes

pchall
03-06-09, 08:25 AM
FOTA teams propose immediate F1 points change

The Formula One Teams Association has revealed its roadmap for the future of the sport at a press conference in Geneva, which includes a desire to implement a new scoring system into the sport for the 2009 season.

A global audience survey of Formula One fans indicated that one change the watching public wished to see was a new scoring system, which would give greater reward to a driver for winning a race.

As a result, FOTA has suggested a new system which would see the winner of a race handed twelve points as opposed to the current ten, with the second placed driver picking up nine and third place seven. Points for the remainder of the positions down to eighth-place would be given on a sliding scale from five to one.

However, the team's press conference made no mention of the desire to bring into play the medal system proposed by Bernie Ecclestone, which would see an Olympic-style system brought into the sport with the world champion decided by virtue of which driver had most golds at the end of the season.

link (http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/News/143673/1/fota_teams_propose_immediate_f1_points_change.html )

9 6 4 3 2 1 Whatever was wrong with that?

chop456
03-06-09, 08:48 AM
I'd make it 10 instead of 9, for one. :D

Insomniac
03-06-09, 11:41 AM
I can see the logic there. The podium is supposed to be important, so it makes sense to have a gap between the podium and the rest and a bigger gap between 1 and 2 than 2 and 3.

12 - 9 - 7 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

I'd personally prefer:

10 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 1

STD
03-06-09, 11:44 AM
I always prefered the 8 6 4 3 2 system. :\

It's all ok as long as the current wins equal less system or the best finishes out of this many races only count never see the light of day again.
Oh, really glad Bernie's latest meddle system fell on it's face.