PDA

View Full Version : New American F-1 Team NAME?

NismoZ
03-05-09, 09:50 AM
I guess nobody (else) on earth can use "F-1" so the name has been changed to USGPE, or something. I say they shouldn't be able to use "US" either. I have a HUGE and growing ownership stake in that one. Of course there might be a racing earmark in the latest economic package I haven't heard about. A racing stimulus program?

Methanolandbrats
03-05-09, 10:18 AM
:shakehead Idiots.......how the hell could they not know Bernard owned "F1"?

NismoZ
03-05-09, 10:32 AM
Yeah, and don't try to use F1, Formula 1 or Formula One. All protected. Even "Grand Prix" I guess, but not GP, as in GP2, A1GP etc. Interesting. Article at www.Motorsport.com

NismoZ
03-05-09, 10:34 AM
Oh, and USGPE, for "Engineering."

Methanolandbrats
03-05-09, 10:34 AM
Yeah, and don't try to use F1, Formula 1 or Formula One. All protected. Even "Grand Prix" I guess, but not GP, as in GP2, A1GP etc. Interesting. Article at www.Motorsport.comThanks for the link :D

NismoZ
03-05-09, 10:39 AM
;)

pchall
03-05-09, 12:51 PM
I'd like to know whose dime they are spending on this. In the last six months the interests of almost every potential F1 sugardaddy -- corporate or personal -- has tanked. They are even downsizing in Dubai.

Methanolandbrats
03-05-09, 01:02 PM
I'd like to know whose dime they are spending on this. In the last six months the interests of almost every potential F1 sugardaddy -- corporate or personal -- has tanked. They are even downsizing in Dubai.
Ether car, only exists on the back of a coffee stained napkin. Hell, you can put up a website for $6.95 and they probably charged that.

NismoZ
03-05-09, 02:01 PM
US Govt. covert operation. Probably being handled by Homeland Security.

Accipiter
03-05-09, 02:38 PM
God forbid that they use a name that actually might help promote the sport in America. :rolleyes:

emjaya
03-05-09, 05:21 PM
Yeah, and don't try to use F1, Formula 1 or Formula One. All protected. Even "Grand Prix" I guess, but not GP, as in GP2, A1GP etc. Interesting. Article at www.Motorsport.com

I think you can use "Grand Prix" to describe a event as long as it is clear it is not a "FIA Formula One Grand Prix", ex: The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, as Grand Prix is now a generic term for a motor race. I think. :\

Indy
03-08-09, 12:47 PM
Fook Bernard.

Greedo bastiche. :shakehead

oddlycalm
03-09-09, 06:05 PM
They would have been wise to review the Fantasy F1 team names before making a final team name choice...:thumbup:

oc

G.
03-09-09, 10:08 PM
They would have been wise to review the Fantasy F1 team names before making a final team name choice...:thumbup:

oc

Very true, I was going to suggest to Accipiter that the name be FormulaDanicaRacing, but it's sorta taken already. :);)

robot9000
03-13-09, 11:40 AM
Okay, kinda off topic, but aside from such mundane things as race cars, engineers, buildings, computers, etc (you know, the odd bits companies have lying around, lol) don't they have to pony up about $300 trillion billion million to the FIA/Bernie to get a spot on the grid? Is there still the astronomic fee to join the Boys Club,held in Escrow, (I.E. earning interest in Max and Bernies account) until some time in the future in which they get this princely sum back?

Oh yeah, there name sucks too :p

chop456
03-13-09, 01:11 PM
The last time I remember it being mentioned, it was just under $50M.