PDA

View Full Version : NFL 09

Pages : 1 [2]

Don Quixote
04-01-09, 11:13 AM
Heh, Cutler successfully whined his way out of Denver. Good luck to the next team that pays him big. j---e---t---s---jets---jets----jets! :laugh:

Insomniac
04-02-09, 01:06 PM
j---e---t---s---jets---jets----jets! :laugh:

I can only hope they give up 2 #1s for Cutler.

Tim
04-02-09, 05:05 PM
Part of me wants him to play for the Bears to make the NFC north more fun.

STD
04-02-09, 05:56 PM
Can Jay play baseball? :laugh:

SteveH
04-02-09, 06:05 PM
Bears get Cutler. :thumbup:

FTG
04-02-09, 06:55 PM
Idiot me, thinking the Lions might actually do something interesting. First Obama, now Bears have a quarterback. If it wasn't for the Cubs, things couldn't get any better for the Windy City.

SteveH
04-02-09, 07:36 PM
Idiot me, thinking the Lions might actually do something interesting. First Obama, now Bears have a quarterback. If it wasn't for the Cubs, things couldn't get any better for the Windy City.

The Olympic selection committee arrived there today. It could very well get better.

G.
04-02-09, 11:05 PM
He'll blow out a knee in preseason.

The IOC will find Chicago too corrupt, even for THEM.

[/Cubs fan]

:\

FTG
04-03-09, 08:08 AM
He'll blow out a knee in preseason.

The IOC will find Chicago too corrupt, even for THEM.

[/Cubs fan]

:\

Corruption is old news man. You haven't had a Governor indited since yesterday.

chop456
04-03-09, 08:23 AM
The Olympic selection committee arrived there today. It could very well get better.

Needs more violent protests.

I don't want my commute screwed up. That and the fact that none of my friends are connected enough to mayor halfwit to profit from the inevitable massive corruption.

dando
04-03-09, 08:26 AM
Part of me wants him to play for the Bears to make the NFC north more fun.

well, you got what you asked for...Cutler and Pancake Man Pace to the Bears.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-03-09, 09:40 AM
And KC got Cassel for a #2. It's the system for Cassel, but Cutler somehow stands above his record? Is Shanahan's system crappy all of a sudden? The NFL is really weird.

dando
04-03-09, 10:06 AM
And KC got Cassel for a #2. It's the system for Cassel, but Cutler somehow stands above his record? Is Shanahan's system crappy all of a sudden? The NFL is really weird.

Denver's D has been horrid the past couple of seasons. 448 PA last season was the 3rd worse overall, and that's on an 8-8 team. :eek: Shanny's fault was not with the O, but rather bringing in all of the Browns rejects on D (aka: the Browncos), which are now all gone.

EDIT: 409 PA in 2007, up from a respectable 305 in '06.

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-03-09, 11:49 AM
Denver's D has been horrid the past couple of seasons. 448 PA last season was the 3rd worse overall, and that's on an 8-8 team. :eek: Shanny's fault was with the O, but rather bringing in all of the Browns rejects on D (aka: the Browncos), which are now all gone.

EDIT: 409 PA in 2007, up from a respectable 305 in '06.

-Kevin

You mean the rejects he brought in that took them to the AFC Championship in 2005 and had the respectable 305 PA in 2006? :D

Gnam
04-06-09, 06:35 PM
Say what? :saywhat:

Raiders sign QB Jeff Garcia
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/04/06/sports/s124139D22.DTL)
I thought he was doing well in Tampa. Why would he want to complete the trifecta of failure?

Cleveland (2004)
Detroit (2005)
Oakland (2009) :yuck:

Easy
04-07-09, 11:40 AM

Cassel's huge cap number probably had some to do with that.

Insomniac
04-07-09, 12:11 PM
Cassel's huge cap number probably had some to do with that.

I don't think so. The demand for Cutler was way, way higher than Cassel. I think Cutler is worth it, but Cassel was worth more and a few teams will look pretty stupid at the end of the season when he was available for a #1.

TKGAngel
04-11-09, 04:11 PM
First Lynch, now Whitner. What is it with the Bills and run-ins with the law this off-season? :shakehead

Whitner arrested and tased outside Cleveland bar. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4061171)

dando
04-12-09, 10:51 AM
First Lynch, now Whitner. What is it with the Bills and run-ins with the law this off-season? :shakehead

Whitner arrested and tased outside Cleveland bar. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4061171)

As a friend of mine stated in an e-mail about this: "Oh to be young, rich and stupid." :shakehead I just don't get what goes through these idiot's heads. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
04-12-09, 11:22 AM
As a friend of mine stated in an e-mail about this: "Oh to be young, rich and stupid." :shakehead I just don't get what goes through these idiot's heads. :saywhat: :irked:

-Kevin

50,000 Volts?

nrc
04-25-09, 10:38 PM
Al Davis is senile. First they pass over Michael Crabtree for a receiver they could have gotten in later rounds and then they pick a Safety out of Ohio University that nobody else even had on their board.

The Bengals may have scored the steal of the draft with USC middle linebacker Rey Maualuga in the second round. They still have an acute need at center, but you can't pass on the top middle linebacker in the draft in the second round to take the third best center.

Andre Smith has some question marks but he was the top rated tackle up until the mess at the combine. Other than running the 40 without his shirt he's done all the right things since then. The Bengals showed up for a suprise weigh-in on Thursday and he was on target with his weight.

dando
04-26-09, 08:39 AM
Al Davis is senile. First they pass over Michael Crabtree for a receiver they could have gotten in later rounds and then they pick a Safety out of Ohio University that nobody else even had on their board.

The Bengals may have scored the steal of the draft with USC middle linebacker Rey Maualuga in the second round. They still have an acute need at center, but you can't pass on the top middle linebacker in the draft in the second round to take the third best center.

Andre Smith has some question marks but he was the top rated tackle up until the mess at the combine. Other than running the 40 without his shirt he's done all the right things since then. The Bengals showed up for a suprise weigh-in on Thursday and he was on target with his weight.

The DB the Raiderz drafted doesn't even have a grade according to E$PN. Every other pick for the first two rounds has a grade. :laugh: Very surprised that Rey dropped to the 2nd round, and 'lil Animal was drafted before him. I hope you're right about Smith. His antics @ the combine and firing his agent just a few weeks ago make me skeptical.

-Kevin

dando
04-26-09, 11:02 AM
Wow, the Who Deys got some love from the E$PN talking heads. Go figger. Must be a sign of the apocalypse...either that or a pandemic. :gomer:

EDIT: More E$PN love for the TE Coffman pick. Mike Brown must have been locked in a closet.... :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
04-26-09, 03:39 PM
Some jibes for the Punter pick, but from what I've seen the guy is a weapon. Lewis loves a punter that and change field postion.

Insomniac
04-26-09, 03:40 PM

It's all about speed. But it seems perhaps the talking heads were off on Mitchell. They're saying Chicago wanted him at 49. The talking heads likely would've said the same thing, but at least 2 teams had 2nd round grade for him.

I thought Andre Smith would climb back up the draft. When NE had him in to visit, I thought there was no way he's falling that far. Maualuga falling to the 2nd was a surprise in the sense that it seemed like the media was pretty high on him. Makes you wonder if he fell into their lap, or he really wasn't as high as the media thought. I wonder how hard it is to scout when so many people on the defense (especially at LB) were graded so high?

Pats are trading away. 7 trades so far. They found a way not to be criticized for first round wash outs--don't pick one. As usual, no real predicting what they'll do. They draft guys and you kind of just have to wait to see how they work out. Grabbing guys that ESPN/NFL Net don't have any tape on. The only "name" guys were Patrick Chung (replace Rodney Harrison?) and Darius Butler. Then you have B.J. Raji's line mate, a raw OL prospect, another OL and an OLB.

They also drafted Brandon Tate. I don't know, I'd think a guy who fails a combine drug test is just waiting to fail. Pats must think otherwise or it's worth the risk/he was the best player and they couldn't trade out.

The Eagles now have the Patriots' 2007 starting CBs.

dando
04-26-09, 04:13 PM
Some jibes for the Punter pick, but from what I've seen the guy is a weapon. Lewis loves a punter that and change field postion.

Well, the punt IS the most important play in foosball, yo. :gomer: :saywhat: I scratched my head over that as well. WTF is wrong with Larson other than his leg almost fell of last season punting ~100 times? :irked: Any comments on the C they selected? I missed that pick, the P and the DB they just chose.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-26-09, 07:15 PM
Stephen McGee in the 4th round? Am I missing something?

Did the rules committee legalize the bounce pass this winter? :confused:

dando
04-27-09, 09:46 AM
Seems like the Bungles had a half good, half bad draft.

Round: 6b (No. 209 overall)
Player: Bernard Scott
College: Abilene Christian
Position: RB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 200
Comment: Rushed for 4,321 yards and 63 touchdowns the last two seasons combined but the 25-year-old comes to Bengals with numerous off-field issues in his past. He was dismissed from his high school team and from Central Arkansas for fighting incidents and has had multiple run-ins with police. He did not play college football in 2005 or 2006 in part due to off-field issues.

:saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
04-27-09, 12:32 PM
More on the 2nd round pick out of OU (that's Ohio U, not Okie U) by the Raiderz in Peter King's column today:

Saturday afternoon.

f. The Mid-American Conference has first-, second- and third-team all-conference teams. Ohio University safety Michael Mitchell did not make any of the three last fall. The Raiders used the 15th pick of the second round on Mitchell.

g. I asked three GMs Saturday and Sunday where they had Mitchell on their boards. One said he had a seventh-round grade. Two said he had a free-agent grade.

h. Mitchell is the highest-drafted player of this decade not to have been invited to the combine.

i. You get the point. The pick of Mitchell, and where he was picked, was greeted with as much incredulity as any pick I remember. The only team clearly in competition for him was Chicago.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/26/draft/4.html

and the strangest pick of Day 1, safety Michael Mitchell, at No. 47 overall. How strange? Mitchell was the 73rd-rated safety on ESPN draftnik Mel Kiper's board. Not the 73rd-rated player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/26/draft/3.html

Insane. :eek:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-27-09, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but Jerry Rice wasn't on too many team's boards. Either was Deacon Jones. I hope the kid proves them all wrong. (unlikely, since we are talking Al Davis here). :laugh:

Don Quixote
04-27-09, 03:52 PM
Leach is pissin and moanin about his boys Harrell and Crabtree. I read somewhere that Crabtree showed up in Cleveland with a full posse in tow. :laugh: I seriously doubt that other teams listen to anything the Browns say regarding draft matters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4105406

Don Quixote
04-27-09, 03:57 PM
"Every team that passed on me will regret it for the rest of the history of their franchise.''
--Tackle Eben Britton, drafted 39th overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I like the cut of this guy's jib. :rofl:

dando
04-27-09, 03:58 PM
Yeah, but Jerry Rice wasn't on too many team's boards. Either was Deacon Jones. I hope the kid proves them all wrong. (unlikely, since we are talking Al Davis here). :laugh:

Yeah, but back then the teams didn't have the sophisticated tools they emply now. You know, the ones that prevent teams from choosing busts. :gomer: Of course sometimes the tools are pretty accurate...like the wonderlic test result for one V. Young. :gomer: :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
04-27-09, 04:08 PM
Leach is pissin and moanin about his boys Harrell and Crabtree. I read somewhere that Crabtree showed up in Cleveland with a full posse in tow. :laugh: I seriously doubt that other teams listen to anything the Browns say regarding draft matters.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4105406

They don't call him Mangenius for nuttin', yo. :gomer: My question is why did they bother to hire a GM? All I heard all weekend was Mangini traded down, Mangini selected this guy or that guy. WTF does Kokinis do anyway?m :saywhat:

And I swear McShay was drunk this afternoon on E$PN Radio...he actually said the Bungles get it. Ouch. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
05-03-09, 10:33 PM
A Cowboys scout was injured and paralyzed when the Cowboys practice facility collapsed during a storm. :( Several others were injured less severely.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h33PBb6ZTeDU4DawZhEWsaUmgcxAD97V35M00

Gnam
05-04-09, 07:31 PM
Man. I saw the video of the players running for cover, but I didn't think a collapsing tent could snap your spine. :(

Was this a permanent facility?
Wonder if they'll build something more solid next time like the Navy's new
Wesley Brown Field House in Annapolis: (http://images.hksinc.com/wbfh/)

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8847/navyfieldhouse.png

FTG
05-04-09, 10:12 PM
Man. I saw the video of the players running for cover, but I didn't think a collapsing tent could snap your spine. :(

He was in the roof, shooting video of the practice. He fell 80 feet. And it wasn't a tent. The roof was held up by steel, which fell 80 feet. You can see a hell of a lot of metal in these photos.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/slideshows/2009/05/pho_050209collapse/

Tony George
05-06-09, 06:43 PM
Time to print those Bengal's playoff tickets! They got Roy Williams now. ;)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090506/SPT02/305060081/Bengals+cut+Jones++sign+Williams

nrc
05-07-09, 12:52 AM
Excellent. Zimmer got the Bengals defense up to #12 last season even though the offense couldn't stay on the field. They've managed to bring in some additional talent this off season so if everything gels the defense could be pretty good.

dando
05-07-09, 10:06 AM
Excellent. Zimmer got the Bengals defense up to #12 last season even though the offense couldn't stay on the field. They've managed to bring in some additional talent this off season so if everything gels the defense could be pretty good.

Perhaps it's a good move...he can horse collar Henry or Tank if they do something stupid. :gomer: :saywhat:

-Kevin

nrc
05-07-09, 10:36 AM
Perhaps it's a good move...he can horse collar Henry or Tank if they do something stupid. :gomer: :saywhat:

Too bad he wasn't around to yank Hines Ward out of his shoulder pads before they passed the Roy Williams rule. Maybe Ward wouldn't have been able to knock Keith Rivers out before they passed the Hines Ward rule. :gomer:

Don Quixote
05-07-09, 11:05 AM
I can't believe you guys are talking about the Bengals as if it really matters. :brownsfan: :D :p

dando
05-07-09, 12:19 PM
I can't believe you guys are talking about the Bengals as if it really matter. :brownsfan: :D :p

:p

-Kevin

racermike
05-07-09, 07:48 PM
Seahawks mini-camps are going very well right now and our first round pick in Aaron Curry, and re-signing Leroy Hill, is going to give us a dominant force on the defensive side of the ball.

Also Hasselbeck and Houshmanzadeh are having a fun time so far, and will be fun to see them in action this fall.

Speaking of practice facilities, here are a few photos of the facility

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7628/hawks1.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4654/hawks2.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3326/insidex.jpg

chop456
05-08-09, 01:42 AM
Hey - nice box.

WickerBill
05-08-09, 06:18 AM
I don't think 60mph winds are taking that one down...

racermike
05-08-09, 12:34 PM
We just have those pesky earthquakes from time to time up here

dando
05-08-09, 02:32 PM
Also Hasselbeck and Houshmanzadeh are having a fun time so far, and will be fun to see TJ nursing a pulled hammy on the sideline this fall.

Fixed. :p

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-15-09, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure if the Bills are a football team or an episode of Cops waiting to happen.

Bruce Smith arrested for DUI and Corey McIntyre arrested for indecent exposure. (http://www.wgr550.com/Future-Bills-Hall-of-Famer-arrested--Current-Bill-/4407313) :shakehead

dando
05-19-09, 01:55 PM
Comcast/NFL dispute settled. NFL Net may be coming to a cable co. near you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4178405

-Kevin