PDA

View Full Version : Legge moves to Abt DTM team for 2009

pchall
02-22-09, 11:13 AM
Legge excited by 'best opportunity of career'

Katherine Legge has admitted that she will have no excuses for failing to improve her performances in this year's DTM campaign, having been elevated to a better car and the team that won last year's drivers' title.

The Briton knew that she was in for a tough time when she was handed one of Futurecom-TME's two-year old customer A4 DTMs for her rookie season in 2008, but plugged away and produced the occasional result to rival that of vastly more experienced team-mate Christijan Albers. Her efforts did not go unnoticed and, with Colin Kolles' team being given the chance to run privateer R10 TDi prototypes in the Le Mans Series, she has been drafted in to the Team Abt Sportsline squad for 2009.

Although she will still be running an older car, stepping up from a two-year old model to one just a year from latest spec, she will undoubtedly benefit from the experience, not only of the Abt team, but also team-mates of the calibre of reigning champion Timo Scheider, Tom Kristensen, Mattias Ekstrom and Martin Tomczyk, who all remain with the squad in 2009 machinery.

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/494081.jpg

crash.net (http://www.crash.net/DTM/News/143109/1/legge_excited_by_best_opportunity_of_career.html)

trish
02-22-09, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the update on Katherine. I'll try to catch some of their races this year.

TravelGal
02-22-09, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the update on Katherine. I'll try to catch some of their races this year.

Ditto and me too. :D:D

Gnam
02-22-09, 04:17 PM
Good. :thumbup:

She and Seabass are the only ones to be thrown clear so far, right?
Ok, Dinger too...

Hope the rest are able to move on:
PT
Justin Wilson
Robert Doorbos
Oriol Servia
Bruno Junqueira
Patrick Carpentier
Alex Tagliani
Mario Dominguez
Simon Pagenaud
Ryan Dalziel

STD
02-22-09, 04:34 PM
Pagenaud is doing fine.

opinionated ow
02-22-09, 04:41 PM
Hot!!!!!

miatanut
02-22-09, 05:17 PM
Where's the dancing banana when I need one?

I was hoping after the got screwed-over that she would at least be able to make a decent living in sportscars.

Might just happen! :thumbup:

oddlycalm
02-22-09, 06:14 PM
Good for Kate. :thumbup:

oc

TrueBrit
02-26-09, 11:00 PM
That is excellent news!

Keep up the good work Katherine!

extramundane
02-27-09, 10:05 AM
With 5 (!) Audis at LeMans this year, one wonders if there's a seat open for her somewhere (one of the privateer R10s).

Easy
02-27-09, 11:11 AM
With 5 (!) Audis at LeMans this year, one wonders if there's a seat open for her somewhere (one of the privateer R10s).

I'd think Biela would be called back for that before Legge got called up.

Especially if they consult AJ.:gomer:

extramundane
02-27-09, 12:22 PM
I'd think Biela would be called back for that before Legge got called up.

Especially if they consult AJ.:gomer:

Even so, 15 seats to fill is a tall order. She'd clearly go in the privateer R10s if anywhere.