PDA

View Full Version : race weekend or panic?

eiregosod
02-19-09, 06:18 PM
you decide

http://www.nowandfutures.com/d2/100_items_to_disappear_first_in_a_panic.txt

trish
02-19-09, 06:24 PM
It looks like that list was originally made for Y2K.

JLMannin
02-19-09, 06:26 PM
you decide

http://www.nowandfutures.com/d2/100_items_to_disappear_first_in_a_panic.txt

I must be lucky. I had less than 10% of the items on that list, abd I got through the Y2K crisis unscathed.

cameraman
02-19-09, 07:17 PM
Goats, damn I forgot to stockpile some goats...

emjaya
02-19-09, 07:28 PM
49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc

This does not make the list of most of the race fans around here.

Gnam
02-19-09, 07:31 PM
#27. Aluminum foil Reg. & Hvy. Duty (Great Cooking & Barter item)

Also, good for hats. :p

#24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products
#49. Men's Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash/floss, nail clippers, etc
Even in a panic some things remain the same. ;)

stroker
02-19-09, 09:57 PM
I got the guns thing nailed, but that's about it.

oddlycalm
02-19-09, 09:58 PM
Should be race weekend, panic or living in the back country, or "way to hell and gone where the geese walk backwards" as my nearest neighbor was fond of saying to anyone asked where he lived. I had everything on that list when I lived in the Central Idaho mountains. The pass snowed in the first week of October and didn't get plowed out until June. If you didn't bring it you didn't have it. Running out of beer, ketchup or toilet paper was a serious disappointment when the next shopping trip was in June. We had a wood cook stove but the Coleman was a better setup for hot weather.

Goats, damn I forgot to stockpile some goats... Be careful with that. We got accused of killing some idiot flatlander's dog that had run off after a deer down at the campground. They had driven by looking for it and saw the white whether goat we had butchered. :gomer: Like we'd actually eat their mangy flatlander dog when we had tender young goat. :shakehead

oc

STD
02-19-09, 10:28 PM
:laugh: :thumbup:

manic mechanic
02-20-09, 12:10 AM
We got accused of killing some idiot flatlander's dog that had run off after a deer down at the campground. They had driven by looking for it and saw the white whether goat we had butchered. :gomer: Like we'd actually eat their mangy flatlander dog when we had tender young goat. :shakehead

oc

but...but...but... I heard that Samoyeds taste like chicken...:rofl::rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
02-21-09, 11:14 AM
but...but...but... I heard that Samoyeds taste like chicken...:rofl::rofl:

Yeah, but if you want to use a rotisserie, you can't beat dachshund.

Methanolandbrats
02-21-09, 11:36 AM
The pass snowed in the first week of October and didn't get plowed out until June. If you didn't bring it you didn't have it. Running out of beer, ketchup or toilet paper was a serious disappointment goat. :shakehead

ocI see you have the essentials down, mix in a multi-vitamin and it's all you would need :gomer: Serious beer stockpiling...........7 months snowed in and since you don't want rationing to rear it's ugly head, assume a six pack a day X 210 days = 1260 beers = 52.5 cases :eek:

Andrew Longman
02-21-09, 04:19 PM
A few years back, at the urging of some Red Cross training at work, I put together bags to go in trunk of both my cars. In them are many of the items on that list, including the hygiene stuff, plus some water, energy bars and wool army blankets.

It also has a plastic tag with phone numbers of friends and family outside our area so my wife and I can connect through them if local communication goes down (as it did in NYC on 9/11).

Strangely I didn't see a radio on the list.

The idea of keeping in the car is that it all could be handy if you find yourself in a ditch some dark night, but also you generally are where your car is and hence you will always be near the stuff when you need it -- A trick I learned from an old girlfriend who always kept her carton of cigarettes in the glove compartment of her car.