PDA

View Full Version : The Irony..

robot9000
02-19-09, 10:51 AM
Caught this in Cavedin's daily Shill about the positives in the upcoming season:

Answer: Another competitive Indianapolis 500, Dario and Dixon as teammates, the chip on Wheldon's shoulder, the chip on Vitor's shoulder, Power in a Penske, Graham's second IndyCar season, Marco's key season, Danica driving in a contract year, Long Beach and Toronto.

Um, who is tying to impress whom here? Her talent is on par with Larry Foyt, and her marketing appeal baffles anyone that actually watches races. BUT, supposedly she brings Mucho Dinero from sponsors.

So is Mikey and the IRL trying to impress her, or is she trying to impress them.

My vote is she goes to NASCAB next year and after a couple fruitless seasons, wanders into obscurity.

trish
02-19-09, 10:55 AM
She won't leave the IRL until there's nothing left to be milked from it. Going to NASCAR will only expose her sooner and put an end to her racing career.

Methanolandbrats
02-19-09, 11:02 AM
She's going to F1.

Sean Malone
02-19-09, 11:04 AM
She's going to F1.

Beat me to it. :D

High Sided
02-19-09, 11:29 AM
She won't leave the IRL until there's nothing left to be milked from it.

and it all starts with her march 7th on versus :shakehead

IndyCar Profile: Danica Patrick perspective

TrueBrit
02-19-09, 02:55 PM
She's going to F1.

Don't laugh too loud...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/feb/18/motor-sport-formula-one-danica-patrick

cameraman
02-19-09, 02:57 PM
That was one of the finer moments in the Guardian's journalistic history:rolleyes:

oddlycalm
02-20-09, 04:46 PM
That was one of the finer moments in the Guardian's journalistic history:rolleyes:

Having said that, which do you consider more likely to happen; Richard Branson saves the team formerly know as Honda, or Princess Sparklepony achieves worldwide embarrassment in F1? :D

oc

Methanolandbrats
02-20-09, 05:06 PM
Having said that, which do you consider more likely to happen; Richard Branson saves the team formerly know as Honda, or Princess Sparklepony achieves worldwide embarrassment in F1? :D

oc

GM will go to $100 before either one of those things happen.

dando
02-20-09, 05:07 PM

oc

Apparently she's not interested in global embarassment:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/news/story?id=3921946

In a phone interview Friday with The Associated Press, Patrick says she's flattered by the team's interest but is happy where she is.

"You know, it starts with a phone call, and I haven't heard anything," says Patrick, a fan favorite who won her first IndyCar race last year in Japan. "It's funny how these things get going. But I'm happy driving in the IndyCar Series, I'm happy in North America."

-Kevin