PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - The Ride of Their Lives

Methanolandbrats
02-18-09, 12:30 AM
Stumbled onto this on CMT. Excellent film. It documents a time when NASCAR did'nt suck and racers were real. :thumbup::thumbup:

Andrew Longman
02-18-09, 09:14 AM
I've caught it in bits and pieces. I think it is three hours total. Yes, good stuff about when NASCAR didn't suck. I especially liked the telling of the Allison/Petty rivalry. They were pretty unabashed about the preferences given to Petty "for the good of the sport". The Richmond/Earnhardt rivalry was a good tale too.

Methanolandbrats
02-18-09, 11:42 AM
I've caught it in bits and pieces. I think it is three hours total. Yes, good stuff about when NASCAR didn't suck. I especially liked the telling of the Allison/Petty rivalry. They were pretty unabashed about the preferences given to Petty "for the good of the sport". The Richmond/Earnhardt rivalry was a good tale too.
I was lucky enough to go to races at the end of the Petty era and watch Richmond, Earnhardt, Kulwicki, Gant, Waltrip (the real one), etc.... in real stock cars. It was fantastic, then the Jeff Gordon Corporate Era began and now we have the COT :yuck: BTW Richmond was probably the best ever. I remember an interview with him when he was asked why he was so fast, he said "I sit in the stands and watch Earnhardt and then I brake 10 feet later" :D

Sean Malone
02-18-09, 11:46 AM
I was lucky enough to go to races at the end of the Petty era and watch Richmond, Earnhardt, Kulwicki, Gant, Waltrip (the real one), etc.... in real stock cars. It was fantastic, then the Jeff Gordon Corporate Era began and now we have the COT :yuck: BTW Richmond was probably the best ever. I remember an interview with him when he was asked why he was so fast, he said "I sit in the stands and watch Earnhardt and then I brake 10 feel later" :D

do they even use their brakes any more?