PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

trish
02-15-09, 06:13 PM
This race may only go to half way with bad weather coming. That's in 9 more laps. Things are getting dicey now.

RusH
02-15-09, 06:26 PM
They`ll get it all in before the 11pm news. :D

trish
02-15-09, 06:26 PM
Why aren't you in chat?

EDwardo
02-15-09, 06:44 PM
Dang. We got the big one.

OW
02-15-09, 06:48 PM
When slower cars were left in front of the leaders...I thought....here it comes!
Yep

dando
02-15-09, 06:54 PM
I should create parkjr.com. Idiot! :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

trish
02-15-09, 07:54 PM
Matt Kenseth and Jack Roush win their first Daytona 500. :thumbup:

nissan gtp
02-15-09, 07:56 PM
boring as usual. :yuck:

OW
02-15-09, 08:00 PM
Rain shortened races Never have a good feeling come along with them...

trish
02-15-09, 08:17 PM
boring as usual. :yuck:

Wait until the next race. You haven't seen boring.

RusH
02-15-09, 08:27 PM
Wait until the next race. You haven't seen boring.

Southern California only supports the Lakers. :rofl:

Fio1
02-15-09, 09:31 PM
Elliot Sadler is an idiot for opening the door like that.
Dale jr is a punk.
Kyle Busch is so good!
And, Harvick is the man at the draft like Dale SR was.
What happened to Bill Elliot, he was no where all race.

trish
02-15-09, 09:39 PM
AJA ran a good race. Hopefully he can keep qualifying and get a real chance to prove himself.

RusH
02-15-09, 09:56 PM
So Dinger is 3rd in points? :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
02-15-09, 11:27 PM
What awful **** NASCAR is. Tapes of the races could easily replace Ambien presciptions and get a lot of people off drugs.

nrc
02-16-09, 03:25 AM
What awful **** NASCAR is. Tapes of the races could easily replace Ambien presciptions and get a lot of people off drugs.

What are you talking about? These are the best drivers in the world. I heard it on a FOX promo. :gomer:

Insomniac
02-16-09, 12:36 PM
AJA ran a good race. Hopefully he can keep qualifying and get a real chance to prove himself.

Was it a legitimate 3rd place or some weird pit shuffling and luck they stopped it early?

Methanolandbrats
02-16-09, 12:41 PM
What are you talking about? These are the best drivers in the world. I heard it on a FOX promo. :gomer: A monkey could drive a plate car :gomer:

TKGAngel
02-16-09, 01:27 PM
I know he was probably paid handsomely for it, but I felt a little bad for Keith Urban having to sing a song about a computer generated gopher-cam graphic and his band of friends.

Sean Malone
02-16-09, 01:38 PM

My dad had it on when I stopped by yesterday. I pointed out that there was very little difference in 'excitement level' when they are under yellow or under green. It was actually hard to tell the difference. It seems like the NASCAR marketing wheel has slowed a bit though. it doesn't seem like I get NASCAR shoved down my throat as much as I use to .

trish
02-16-09, 01:47 PM
Was it a legitimate 3rd place or some weird pit shuffling and luck they stopped it early?
It was legitimate. No Danica type stuff.

Andrew Longman
02-16-09, 07:12 PM
It was legitimate. No Danica type stuff.

Yeah he ran a pretty good race. I don't think he had a car to win (IMO Tony Stewart did) but he would have finished up front if it had gone the distance (and he didn't get wrecked).

They should be at Darlington next week. NASCAR is killing itself following up their big race with a snooze fest in CA in a market too few care about stock cars.

The down economy and merged team meant there were a lot of smaller, one car teams out there. Felt like old times. :thumbup: But it felt wrong to see a 43 car without any Carolina/Petty blue. :(

I've been watching the Daytona 500 at my brother in law's house for about 15 years with a lot of his racing buddies. Every one of them said yesterday that this was the first NASCAR race they had caught in entirety in a year or two. They play in fantasy pools but otherwise just can't get into it anymore. I have to admit I used to feel guilty watching the Grand Nationa/Busch race because I would likely watch the Cup race too and I had to get housework done too. That seems like a million years ago now. These guys are the same, but interestingly are more interest in the local modified scene than they have been in a long time.

JohnHKart
02-16-09, 09:24 PM

If it's late at night and I put these races on I'm asleep in 45 minutes. I should keep DVDs of certain tracks for when I need a nap.

opinionated ow
02-16-09, 10:05 PM
If it's late at night and I put these races on I'm asleep in 45 minutes. I should keep DVDs of certain tracks for when I need a nap.

It used to be the only good races were Bristol, Martinsville, Dover, Darlington, Phoenix, New Hampshire. But now that they have gone 'spec' they're all s***house.

JohnHKart
02-18-09, 02:18 PM
There's hope in life folks. Maybe the world doesn't revolve around cup the way they try to make it seem that way. I was at El Pollo Loco yesterday. When the cashier handed me the number 17 yesterday...I told the young girl (can't be older than 20) who's the host that that was the winning car number at Daytona, 20 years after the same number won with Darrell. She said "oh yeah that race was shortened 48 laps....but my favorite is Formula One". I about had a heart attack at that point...and then she told me she was going to Monaco in May . Thankfully I had a copy of F1 Racing in my hands so I could show her that F1 is also my true passion..

indyfan31
02-18-09, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry John, but I couldn't get past the part where your Pollo Loco has a "host". :D

JohnHKart
02-18-09, 03:41 PM
yeah wierd...she brings the food out to your table...opens the door...haven't seen this at other locations...she's a great girl who'll go far in life.