PDA

View Full Version : My Unbelievable luck

DjDrOmusic
05-27-03, 07:57 PM
This past weekend I was pick pocketed and gone with my wallet was everything I had for indentification. I went today to try and get a replacement drivers license and was told that birth certificate alone wasn't good enough, I needed a Social Security card or some legal document that shows my Socail Security number on it. So I showed the only thing I could find, a bank statement that has my number on it as my Tax ID number. According to the brain surgeons at the Ohio BMV that's not good enough either. So I went to get a replacement Social Security card, guess what? I can't unless I have a drivers license or State issued ID!! I remember when I was a teenager, I lost my Social Security card and all I had to do was show by birth certificate to get a new one. This is unbelievable. The BMV said if I have a work ID with my pic on it they would accept that with my Birth Certificate, so I guess if I make up my own ID and put my pic on it that will do, but then they will probably say that I need a supervisor that isn't me or related to me. Has anyone else ever lived through a Catch 22 nightmare like this??:flame:

mello
05-27-03, 08:54 PM
That totally sucks Dr. Hey I will pretend I am your supervisor if you want and sign it. I would even give them my work number to call if they want to verify. Let me know. I lost my ss a few years ago and all's I had to have was my BC also. Come to think of it. I lost the damn thing again and just haven't went to the hassle of going down to get another one. hmmmmm photo copies of my DL tomorrow. Just incase.

rabbit
05-27-03, 09:04 PM
I went through almost the exact same thing when I lost my wallet.
Couldn't get a new DL without a SSC.
Couldn't get a new SSC without a BC and a DL.
Couldn't get a new BC without a DL and a SSC. :shakehead

Ain't bureacracy grand?

Sean O'Gorman
05-28-03, 12:57 AM
Well, apparently you have ceased to exist in the eyes of the government. ;)

I remember a friend of mine couldn't cash an important $2,000 check because he left a second form of ID at his apartment in Chicago, so I took him up to school with me and had him apply there and get a photo ID. Best $3 he ever spent! :D

DjDrOmusic
05-28-03, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by mello
That totally sucks Dr. Hey I will pretend I am your supervisor if you want and sign it. I would even give them my work number to call if they want to verify. Let me know. I lost my ss a few years ago and all's I had to have was my BC also. Come to think of it. I lost the damn thing again and just haven't went to the hassle of going down to get another one. hmmmmm photo copies of my DL tomorrow. Just incase.

I just may take you up on that, would my official job description be entertainment coordinator? ;) :D

oddlycalm
05-28-03, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear about lift of your wallet, I'm sure it's an incredible hassle. They have tightened up the ID replacement process due to rampant phony ID applications for dead people in the last few years. I'm sure the identity theft creeps know an easy way to get it done, and it probably only slows things down for legit people.

The hot tip these days is to put you SS card in a secure location, and never carry it. It also helps to have a valid passport stashed in s similarly secure location. I also tell my people to never travel with company ID.

RTKar
05-28-03, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
Well, apparently you have ceased to exist in the eyes of the government. ;)

Think of the bright side, no income tax!

Napoleon
06-02-03, 06:14 AM
Dr. O

I was listening to the Cleveland Indians game friday night and they talked about Omar Visquel leaving his wallet at a gas station and driving off. It even had his green card in it.

Luckly some woman picked it up and called him several hours later.

Sean O'Gorman
06-02-03, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Dr. O

I was listening to the Cleveland Indians game friday night and they talked about Omar Visquel leaving his wallet at a gas station and driving off. It even had his green card in it.

Luckly some woman picked it up and called him several hours later.

Haha, if it was anyone else on the Indians, the person who found it wouldn't have recognized the name and probably kept it for themselves. :laugh: