PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Alomar Lawsuit

trish
02-12-09, 06:57 AM
Apparently his ex-girlfriend is suing him because SHE CHOSE to have unprotected sex with him even after he showed signs of having AIDS but did not get tested for it. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_alomar_lawsuit_10

I didn't even know he had AIDS or HIV. Is that old news?

WickerBill
02-12-09, 07:08 AM
No it most definitely isn't old news, and I'm sure John Hirschbeck is interested since Alomar spat on him...

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/alomar-spit8.jpg

chop456
02-12-09, 08:00 AM
Why would you NOT sleep with a multimillionaire, even if you suspected he had AIDS?

Gravy train - 1
Dummy - 0

(So far).

Andrew Longman
02-12-09, 09:58 AM
OK I'm not getting it. It is reckless for him to have unprotected sex, but not reckless for her to consent to unprotected sex.

She didn't test positive for HIV so there is no harm/loss except for the emotional trauma of having unprotected sex for four year... that she consented to and could have stopped at any time.

And he says he is in "very good health" and looked fine in Toronto in April

And he was still playing (badly) for the first two years of their relationship and if he had "obvious signs" of HIV I would think it would have shown up in a team physical.

Doesn't seem to come together well. Sounds like maybe an innovative palimony suit intended from the start to be settled out of court.

Methanolandbrats
02-12-09, 10:22 AM
This crap belongs on WGAF.COM

STD
02-12-09, 11:50 AM
^ You win the kupi doll.

Michaelhatesfans
02-12-09, 01:13 PM
...if he had "obvious signs" of HIV I would think it would have shown up in a team physical.

I wouldn't put too much stock in an MLB physical exam.:laugh:

Andrew Longman
02-12-09, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in an MLB physical exam.:laugh:

From the article:
severe fatigue, sores on his mouth and throat, a constant cough and an infection of the esophagus

If you are going to be on the hook for guaranteed MLB type money I think you might not over look some of that stuff even if you are most concerned about arms and legs. ;)

cameraman
02-12-09, 05:19 PM
No it most definitely isn't old news, and I'm sure John Hirschbeck is interested since Alomar spat on him...

HIV isn't transmitted via saliva so it isn't an issue.

Methanolandbrats
02-12-09, 05:35 PM
Some of the crap that clogs up the courts is absurd. She used her stinky bits as a lottery ticket and it did'nt quite pan out. Tough ****.

G.
02-12-09, 06:43 PM
Some of the crap that clogs up the courts is absurd. She used her stinky bits as a lottery ticket and it did'nt quite pan out. Tough ****.
You have been unusually cranky today. :rofl: :laugh:

Andrew Longman
02-12-09, 07:12 PM
You have been unusually cranky today. :rofl: :laugh:

No kidding. Stinky bits? How would he know? :D

Methanolandbrats
02-12-09, 07:41 PM
No kidding. Stinky bits? How would he know? :D Logical conclusion. She's most likely one of the honed out slump busters who chase major league ball players.

Andrew Longman
02-12-09, 07:53 PM
the honed out slump busters...

Oooo. Talk about pointy end of the stick.

You are grumpy.

Not that I mind or don't appreciate it.

And you are probably right...

But statistiaclly four years IS more of a commitment than I think is the norm. ;)

Indy
02-13-09, 02:22 AM

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/alomar-spit8.jpg

Can we all just agree that people who intentionally spit on others need to be terminated?

Insomniac
02-13-09, 02:12 PM
HIV isn't transmitted via saliva so it isn't an issue.

But you don't know what else may've been in the saliva.

Dave99
02-13-09, 02:23 PM
But you don't know what else may've been in the saliva.

Bubble gum? Sunflower seeds? Red Man? :confused:

Methanolandbrats
02-13-09, 02:25 PM
But you don't know what else may've been in the saliva. Steroids, but only in trace amounts.

trish
02-13-09, 02:48 PM
Blood.