PDA

View Full Version : Jailing kids for cash

oddlycalm
02-11-09, 06:33 PM
"I've never encountered, and I don't think that we will in our lifetimes, a case where literally thousands of kids' lives were just tossed aside in order for a couple of judges to make some money"

Nice to see that free enterprise is alive and well in the juvenile justice system.:thumbup:

Kiddy jail for cash (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_re_us/courthouse_kickbacks;_ylt=AgOGTigO1MhDR_rofTZ3P1t3 4T0D)

oc

G.
02-11-09, 06:56 PM
First saw the headline and wondered how much it was going to set me back to send the g.'s away for a while...

Ankf00
02-11-09, 06:59 PM
if they'd just spent some time in TX they could've learned how to run the same scam all legal-like... what a shame.

Andrew Longman
02-11-09, 07:17 PM
First of all its PA... The other side of the river. They do corruption all amateurish-like. :gomer:

But it also tells you something about north-central PA. Juvie trials without counsel? Out of control sentencing? No one confronts this until now? Perps just taking it because the alternative is not much worse?

Its actually pretty tragic.

cameraman
02-11-09, 07:21 PM
I don't get this whole without counsel thing. What was up with these parents? You can be damn sure that my kid would have an attorney.

Methanolandbrats
02-11-09, 08:04 PM
Those ****ers should be hung.

oddlycalm
02-11-09, 09:39 PM
Those ****ers should be hung.

Yep, but instead they'll probably get recruited by Wall Street for top jobs once word gets around that they've got the right stuff.

oc

Insomniac
02-12-09, 03:38 PM
This is going to cost the state of PA a lot of money. They'll at least have incentive to go after the companies that provided the kickbacks.