PDA

View Full Version : de Ferran hires Robert Clark

pchall
02-06-09, 10:18 AM
link (http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=5152)

EX-HPD BOSS CLARKE JOINS DE FERRAN

de Ferran Motorsports founder Gil de Ferran today announced a major new recruit to his ambitious organization: Robert Clarke the recently retired Honda Performance Development President. The appointment of Clarke as CEO is a very significant step for the new team, which made its competition debut less than a year ago.

Clarke has an impressive track record of success and has the proven talents and experience to mastermind the company's future. He also was instrumental in the introduction of the Acura brand into the American Le Mans Series.

"I am really excited to be adding Robert's name to the de Ferran Motorsports' roster as our new CEO," said Team Principal Gil de Ferran. "I know and have worked with Robert in different capacities since 1996 and I believe we have employed one of the best and most experienced executives in this industry. Robert was in charge of Honda's American motorsport program from the mid-90s until the beginning of 2008 and oversaw some really glorious years in Honda's motorsport history.

"He is a unique talent, well versed in dealing with governing bodies, major manufacturers, teams and sponsors at the very highest level and I believe his appointment will play a key role in elevating our team to another level of professionalism."

I suppose it might be handy to have a professional schmoozer on boar if they plan on going to LeMans. Of course, its a lot easier to bamboozle :tony: than it might be to put anything over on the ACO.

extramundane
02-06-09, 10:41 AM
Of course, its a lot easier to bamboozle :tony: than it might be to put anything over on the ACO.

I'm not so sure...just different ends of the dumbass spectrum. Though at least the ACO hasn't managed to complete kill their centerpiece...yet.

cameraman
02-06-09, 12:51 PM
Though at least the ACO hasn't managed to complete kill their centerpiece...yet.

Not for lack of effort:irked: