PDA

View Full Version : Max Mosley: They're begging me to stay

ilferrari
02-05-09, 09:06 AM
Once again Max Mosley is making a U-turn on retirement because he claims everyone wants him to stay. (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73124)

"When a lot of people say 'you should stay', it would be sort of churlish not to," Mosley told media during a lunch in London on Wednesday.

"At the moment they are saying that and it's very flattering. I'm conscious that a decision has to be made, probably at the meeting of the FIA World Council at the end of June."

And here are his plans for his new term: standardize/freeze everything except KERS: (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73118)

According to today's Financial Times, the FIA will call for a defined area of competitive technical development, such as energy recovery systems, and another, described as 'non-compete', which will effectively expand the range of standardised parts to include gearboxes, wheels, braking systems and suspensions.

Methanolandbrats
02-05-09, 09:29 AM
"Freeze everything but KERS" is proof he should go.

Insomniac
02-05-09, 09:53 AM
"Freeze everything but KERS" is proof he should go.

If they didn't select a single manufacturer, I could see how something like this could work where you opened up a specific area of the car for development for a season. KERS one year, aero another, engines another, etc. Just as a means to reduce costs, but not competition.

Methanolandbrats
02-05-09, 10:34 AM
KERS is a gimmick, it should'nt be on the car in the first place. Nothing but stupid pandering to Green ********. How long will it be before we're watching this? http://www.speedace.info/solar_cars/solar_car_images/auburn_university_solar_car_banked_road_test.jpg

Al Czervik
02-05-09, 11:47 AM
KERS is a gimmick, it should'nt be on the car in the first place. Nothing but stupid pandering to Green ********. How long will it be before we're watching this?

As soon as Ferrari develops the 'instant cloud over all the other competitors' machine.

Insomniac
02-05-09, 12:21 PM
KERS is a gimmick, it should'nt be on the car in the first place. Nothing but stupid pandering to Green ********.

I like the idea of it as long as they aren't reducing performance (which they don't seem to be doing). Why not make them engineer a new system to make the car perform better? Just because it's a technology associated with hybrids doesn't make it a gimmick.

Accipiter
02-05-09, 12:34 PM
If I was a third-world Mosely FIA toady who gets all expenses paid trips to Paris every time he needs a vote in his favor, I'd be begging him to stay too.

miatanut
02-05-09, 12:58 PM
I like the idea of it as long as they aren't reducing performance (which they don't seem to be doing). Why not make them engineer a new system to make the car perform better? Just because it's a technology associated with hybrids doesn't make it a gimmick.

That seems to be the primary objection to KERS.

I don't see how something which could find application in road cars could NOT be appealing in F1.

eiregosod
02-05-09, 01:10 PM
Schmax is hearing the echo of himself telling him that he should stay.

can anyone look him straight in the eye and not laugh?

oddlycalm
02-05-09, 02:58 PM
can anyone look him straight in the eye and not laugh?
The real question is can anyone look him in the eye and not feel an overwhelming urge to grab that pencil neck of his and squeeze it until his eyes pop out and his tongue lols to the side... Or is it just me? :\

oc

Cam
02-05-09, 06:36 PM
The real question is can anyone look him in the eye and not feel an overwhelming urge to grab that pencil neck of his and squeeze it until his eyes pop out and his tongue lols to the side... Or is it just me? :\

oc

With any luck I will run into him at Melbourne.

If he has the guts to show his face. :flame:

Robstar
02-05-09, 07:11 PM
With any luck I will run into him at Melbourne.

If he has the guts to show his face. :flame:

Surely they have Nazi brothels in Victoria...
See you there Cam! (at the track I mean :D)