PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Going to Sebring...

mueber
02-04-09, 03:05 PM
I've never gone before mostly because of the "spring break" aspects and the long drive. Anyone have any suggestions for enjoying the race at Sebring. It's just a general question.

Thanks,
Mark

Methanolandbrats
02-04-09, 03:20 PM
Go last year :gomer:

nissan gtp
02-04-09, 04:57 PM
camp and drink a lot :thumbup:

rosawendel
02-04-09, 05:04 PM
it's a good time. bring a camp chair, and be prepared to walk.
go on friday and saturday - friday to walk in the paddock (free with admission), and saturday to watch the race.

extramundane
02-09-09, 04:18 PM
With today's confirmation of 2 Peugeots, I'd highly recommend going. Audi vs. Pug vs Acura will be the high-water mark of the year (and maybe longer) the way things are shaping up.

Too bad I'll be in fumbuck Indeeyanner. :irked:

Methanolandbrats
02-09-09, 04:45 PM
With today's confirmation of 2 Peugeots, I'd highly recommend going. Audi vs. Pug vs Acura will be the high-water mark of the year (and maybe longer) the way things are shaping up.

Too bad I'll be in fumbuck Indeeyanner. :irked:
Uh, ya, I forgot about that part....go this year...........rest of year will suck.

chop456
02-10-09, 02:51 AM
^ You should go with me. I'm flying out of MKE and I'll buy the drinks. :cool:

TrueBrit
02-15-09, 11:12 PM
^ You should go with me. I'm flying out of MKE and I'll buy the drinks. :cool:

Done!

chop456
02-16-09, 01:57 AM
Not you. I don't know that I could qualify for a second mortgage right now. :D

Warlock!
02-17-09, 05:01 PM
I've never gone before mostly because of the "spring break" aspects and the long drive. Anyone have any suggestions for enjoying the race at Sebring. It's just a general question.

Thanks,
MarkGo early, at least shoot for a thursday arrival. It can be really frickin' hot and humid. It can be 60 and crisp. There are occasional rainshowers in the area...
dB0KW8-nkcw

If you camp, remember these few things. It's central florida... nothing like the tourism bureau shows in the pics. There is very little shade. It's sandy, dusty, and windy... even a couple hours after a downpour. There are fire ants. There are scary people there. There is alcohol abuse aplenty. Women who shouldn't be showing their stuff show their stuff. Women which you might like to have them show their stuff probably will on Friday night. Lotsa parties. Loud... all night. Fires... big ones. Then you get to within 20' of the fence and it's just loud cars ripping by, just like any other track. The pit walk is a must at least once, and the podium celebration can be fun (or so I've heard). There are a few small bleachers around the track which are mostly uninhabited because most just wander the fenceline, stopping here and there for a bit then moving on. There are lotsa vendors, especially around the grandstand, with pretty good food.

Sunday morning looks like the aftermath at Fallujah. Getting out can take an hour depending how deep you are in the track. This year will be my fifth consecutive... it's a good time.

TrueBrit
02-17-09, 05:08 PM
Not you. I don't know that I could qualify for a second mortgage right now. :D

Dammit! :rofl:

nissan gtp
02-17-09, 05:09 PM
^don't let Warlock! scare you, that water was gone in about 15 minutes :laugh:

rosawendel
02-18-09, 08:50 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2407/2342307292_6bc80b45fe.jpg?v=0

it's good times.