PDA

View Full Version : New American F1 Team?

Pages : [1] 2

TedN
02-04-09, 07:43 AM
A new Formula One team is under wraps in America and set to be launched officially later this month, it is reported on Wednesday.

The team, whose logo can be previewed at 'usf1.com', is fronted by F1 stalwart and broadcaster Peter Windsor, and American Ken Anderson, of IndyCar and NASCAR fame but also former Ligier Technical Director.

Link (http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090204113011.shtml)

Ted

chop456
02-04-09, 07:49 AM
I'll be over here holding my breath. :gomer:

pchall
02-04-09, 08:35 AM
Not a chance.

Rogue Leader
02-04-09, 08:50 AM
To quote a great film:

I'll believe that when my ***** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert!

Methanolandbrats
02-04-09, 09:02 AM
Must be the Citibank Car funded with TARP money. :thumbup:

emjaya
02-04-09, 09:15 AM
For the money they will have to spend just to get to the middle of the pack, they could buy openwheel racing in the USA and build something better than F1.

extramundane
02-04-09, 09:26 AM
This must be why Buddy Rice and Townsend Bell don't have Leeg rides yet. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
02-04-09, 09:47 AM
USF1 intends to be a showcase for American technology and US-born drivers.

What American technology? US auto manufacturers won't be interested. What other US technology is there of particular note? Biotech, pharma, software, chemical, defense? Lots of auto application there. The stuff dreamed up in US universities and R&D labs generally gets built overseas because the US hardly manufactures anything now.

And what US sponsor will want to sponsor a car that doesn't race on this continent and draws minuscule TV audiences?

Methanolandbrats
02-04-09, 10:37 AM
And what US sponsor will want to sponsor a car that doesn't race on this continent and draws minuscule TV audiences?

Halliburton and Blackwater :D

dando
02-04-09, 10:45 AM

The Feds. :gomer:

-Kevin

Accipiter
02-04-09, 11:39 AM
http://www.usf1.com/

I'll believe it when I see a car qualifying for a race.

Fio1
02-04-09, 12:04 PM
They need one of those government 'buddy' bail-out checks to get things off the ground.

cameraman
02-04-09, 01:29 PM
Where do they get their drugs?

eiregosod
02-04-09, 02:32 PM
weren't these the guys behind Ace Racing?

Don Quixote
02-04-09, 04:01 PM
I bet Falcon will build the chassis. :D

robot9000
02-04-09, 04:40 PM
I bet Falcon will build the chassis. :D

Dang dude, you beat me to it !!!:thumbup:

oddlycalm
02-04-09, 09:03 PM
What American technology?
Good question. The kind of genius necessary is never found at big companies and sometimes not even in related industries.

Mickael Czysz was an architect by trade yet his MotoGP concept came right out of left field yet it solves some of the fundamental issues with vehicle dynamics that have limited traditional designs since day one. MotoCzysz (http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home) has been a real eye opener. Czysz came up with several brilliant concepts that are unlike anything the Euros or Asians have, so it's obviously not impossible. His team includes former Ducati and Cosworth personnel but he had the concept before they came on the scene.

Pictures and details
MotoCzysz details (http://www.motoczysz.com/pdfs/rrw_9_06.pdf)

All that aside, seems to me that buying Toro Rosso would be the quickest and least expensive way to get to mid-pack in F1.

oc

Sean Malone
02-04-09, 10:53 PM
Good question. The kind of genius necessary is never found at big companies and sometimes not even in related industries.

Mickael Czysz was an architect by trade yet his MotoGP concept came right out of left field yet it solves some of the fundamental issues with vehicle dynamics that have limited traditional designs since day one. MotoCzysz (http://www.motoczysz.com/main.php?area=home) has been a real eye opener. Czysz came up with several brilliant concepts that are unlike anything the Euros or Asians have, so it's obviously not impossible. His team includes former Ducati and Cosworth personnel but he had the concept before they came on the scene.

Pictures and details
MotoCzysz details (http://www.motoczysz.com/pdfs/rrw_9_06.pdf)

All that aside, seems to me that buying Toro Rosso would be the quickest and least expensive way to get to mid-pack in F1.

oc

I watched the the docu-drama about Czysz and his venture and was totally on board until half way through when his talent started bailing, the high dollar test drivers started high siding and his ego started getting the way. I applaud innovation but why do Americans always feel the need to combine innovation with rock star egos (rhetorical).

Insomniac
02-05-09, 12:27 AM
When reports began to surface about the formation of a U.S.-backed Formula One team, we weren't surprised. Every three-to-five years, speculation about a new U.S. campaign crops up, and inevitably – almost routinely – they're shot down within a month. However, our lack of surprise didn't stem from the rumor's cyclical nature; we've known about USF1 for over a month and have been waiting to drop the details about how the franchise, the players and the financial backers that plan to bring America back to F1 in 2010.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/usf1-exclusive-the-pitch-behind-the-american-f1-team/

Rogue Leader
02-05-09, 01:56 AM
http://www.usf1.com/

I'll believe it when I see a car qualifying for a race.

Two words....

Mastercard Lola

chop456
02-05-09, 02:10 AM

oc

[Edit] Oops - Missed S. Malone's previous post on this.

There was a good documentary about this project called "Birth of a Racer" on HDNet a while back. Definitely worth watching if you come across it.

formulaben
02-05-09, 02:24 AM
Two words....

Mastercard Lola

Niiiice. ;)

oddlycalm
02-05-09, 03:04 PM
I applaud innovation but why do Americans always feel the need to combine innovation with rock star egos (rhetorical).
Personally, I blame the schools and I can prove it. Just ask yourself when was the last time you saw a course offered in classic British understatement...? :gomer:

oc

Sean Malone
02-05-09, 03:06 PM
Personally, I blame the schools and I can prove it. Just ask yourself when was the last time you saw a course offered in classic British understatement...? :gomer:

oc

Touche!:thumbup:

Gnam
02-05-09, 03:33 PM
They can use the American Spirit Team Johannson logo if they can find one.

robot9000
02-06-09, 01:46 PM
They can use the American Spirit Team Johannson logo if they can find one.

Doesn't Spicoli have a bunch stacked in his garage along with some left over energy drinks and some Kart parts :gomer:

ilferrari
02-09-09, 03:04 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73187

The F1 team is going to be based out of... Charlotte?

"90 per cent of the technology that exists in F1 comes from the US anyway," he said.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/usf1-exclusive-the-pitch-behind-the-american-f1-team

The USF1's mission is to stand apart from the other 11 teams by hyping U.S. technology under the tagline of "Made in America."
I'm loving the chauvinism already.

Fio1
02-09-09, 03:16 PM
This is a great idea, but 10-years too late. How are you going to get anyone to sponsor 100's of millions of dollar for racing in a series that doesn't even visit your country? Besides, in this economy people can't justify spending 10 million dollars let alone 100 million. There are not that many American companies that can do that. Coke & McDonalds are probably the only ones I can think of that haven't had massive layoff that could probably afford such a venture. If you laid-off thousands of people, sponsoring F1 looks really bad on the American press, so you can count the finance industry and automotive industry for help. If you want to start a start-up F1 team, you go were Frank Williams went in 1978 to find money; middle east, not the USA. But, whatever, hope something happens.

Michaelhatesfans
02-10-09, 03:47 AM
Looks like they've finalized the logo,

http://bp2.blogger.com/_p_d3di8mMlw/R1xXdM6cNpI/AAAAAAAAAY4/2zV9SNU2Y5w/s400/flying+pig.jpg

formulaben
02-10-09, 01:42 PM
^^ :D

Gnam
02-10-09, 02:36 PM
Maybe NASCAR and F1 could create an exchange program where one team from each series spends a season racing abroad. Y'know see how the other half lives.

:gomer: meet euro :tony:

devilmaster
02-10-09, 04:13 PM
Maybe NASCAR and F1 could create an exchange program where one team from each series spends a season racing abroad. Y'know see how the other half lives.

I'll be howlin watchin the first time a nascar mechanic tries to fix a damaged front wing with a 5 pound sledge.... :laugh:

Michaelhatesfans
02-10-09, 04:56 PM
I'll be howlin watchin the first time a nascar mechanic tries to fix a damaged front wing with a 5 pound sledge.... :laugh:

Almost as good as watching the F1 mechanic seeing metal bodywork touching the tire and waving it off as a retirement.:laugh:

pchall
02-10-09, 05:26 PM

:gomer: meet euro :tony:

That would make a fine "reality" show.

mueber
02-11-09, 09:06 AM
What do you people like? I'm gonna assume this will happen and be a great success just to act as a counterpoint to all the negativity.

I might even send them a resume. Every F-1 team needs a librarian.

High Sided
02-12-09, 08:32 PM
USF1 team plans launch on feb 24th
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21179.html

Methanolandbrats
02-12-09, 08:43 PM
""The USF1 team plans a launch
Peter Windsor says that the new USF1 team will be launched on Speed TV on February 24. The new team hopes that the announcement of the project will result in more backing arriving.

Windsor started his F1 career as a journalist but became Williams F1's sponsorship manager in 1985. In 1988 he left the team and tried to buy Brabham but the deal ended up in a legal wrangle, although Windsor ended up being awarded $2m in damages. In 1990 he became head of Ferrari's Guildford Technical Office but a year later went back to Williams as team manager. In 1993 Windsor went to America hoping to set up an Indycar team but when that did not happen he established a new F1 team with Japan's Tetsu Ikuzawa and Enrique Scalabroni. This opened a drawing office in Basildon, Essex, but never found the money to build the cars. Windsor then returned to the F1 media and has been working for Speed TV for several years.""

Nice bio.........Windsor ****ed up everything he ever started :rofl:

STD
02-12-09, 10:22 PM
Kind of Pollock like, just missing the someone else's money part of the plan.

formulaben
02-13-09, 02:30 AM
Kind of Pollock like, just missing the someone else's money part of the plan.

Don't worry, there's no way he's spending his money. ;)

The real question is, who's funding this?

FTG
02-13-09, 06:55 AM
On the same day, I'll be announcing that I'm available to **** Playmates. I'm sure the announcement will result in more Playmates arriving at my house to **** me.

Wally
02-13-09, 05:29 PM
....:rofl:....

Fio1
02-14-09, 11:41 AM
It will be fun to watch a press confrence live on Speed that isn't Nascar related! :D

Peter Windsor is a nice guy, I had a beer withhim in Montreal last year. We stayed at the same hotel. Really nice guy. Almost too nice to be an F1 Team Owner. I hope it works out. It would be cool to have a USA based F1 team. At the end of the day, American racing is all about the fans, and F1 isn't. So, maybe this one will be more fan friendly. Let's see.

Now that I think of it, the only way it will happen is to get a manufacture behind him. I think it will either be Ford (I hope so), or maybe a Chinese car maker that is trying to enter the US market.

dando
02-15-09, 03:08 PM
Holy craptastic, Batman!

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=3909107

An American team will be racing in Formula One next year, and IndyCar driver Danica Patrick is a candidate to fill one of the seats.

USF1, which will be unveiled Feb. 24, will have a staff of at least 100, a working budget of $64 million and an aim to put two American drivers on the starting grid. The team is looking at several candidates, including the 26-year-old Patrick.

"She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "[Indianapolis Motor Speedway president] Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

:eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

devilmaster
02-15-09, 03:33 PM
:rofl:

Insomniac
02-15-09, 03:44 PM
Now we know how they intend to land initial sponsorship. I hope they realize that performing well will keep it coming and they need to find her a teammate who, aside from actually being able to race competitively, can ignore her whining.

dando
02-15-09, 04:32 PM
She's also in the SI Swimsuit edition again:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/models/danica-patrick/

:yuck: :irked:

-Kevin

Insomniac
02-15-09, 04:57 PM
Thinking about this more, the car really has to be built for the driver. The driver gets the most out of the car. I think the Torro Roso team showed that well last year. Who could get the most out of the car changed over the season. It seemed pretty consistent (it wasn't flip-flopping between race weekends, each driver had a run of better performance) as well and I remember Bourdais talking about that. We all know how Ferrari built their car around Schumacher. At Honda you had Button and Barichello who couldn't even use the same brakes. You really need someone who can provide meaningful feedback to improve the car overall and feedback to make the car perform even better for their capabilities/driving style. If you have 2 drivers who can do that and share the data and improve over the weekend, even better.

miatanut
02-15-09, 05:47 PM
Those boys play rough. If she brought the same attitude to F1, she'd spend more time upside down than on the track.

Smoke and mirrors, in my opinion.

Fio1
02-15-09, 07:35 PM
She's also in the SI Swimsuit edition again:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/models/danica-patrick/

:yuck: :irked:

-Kevin

Man, in pics 14, 15 & 16 she looks really good! It's amazing what a top make-up artist, and good hair stylist can do!

Methanolandbrats
02-15-09, 08:07 PM
Man, in pics 14, 15 & 16 she looks really good! It's amazing what a top make-up artist, and good hair stylist can do! Been a while huh? :D

dando
02-15-09, 08:09 PM
Man, in pics 14, 15 & 16 she looks really good! It's amazing what a top Photoshop/airbrush artist, and good hair stylist can do!

Fixed dat for ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

Fio1
02-15-09, 09:29 PM
Fixed dat for ya. :gomer:

-Kevin

:rofl: If you only look at those pictures, you have to admit she's hot! That's what I'm saying. ;)

miatanut
02-15-09, 10:39 PM
:rofl: If you only look at those pictures, you have to admit she's hot! That's what I'm saying. ;)

:confused:

opinionated ow
02-16-09, 12:28 AM
yuck, yuck, yuck

and she's got a skank tat. double yuck.

emjaya
02-16-09, 07:38 AM
Man, in pics 14, 15 & 16 she looks really good! It's amazing what a top make-up artist, and good hair stylist can do!

I'll have to take your word on that, I never went past the first photo.

Danica. :rolleyes:

Insomniac
02-16-09, 12:34 PM

You must've missed the rest of the issue. Not sure what word you would use for most of the other ladies.

Rogue Leader
02-16-09, 01:35 PM
Holy craptastic, Batman!

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=3909107

:eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Any shred of legitimacy this farce may have had is now gone.....

chop456
02-16-09, 02:31 PM
"Pete" Windsor. :laugh:

Indy
02-16-09, 11:59 PM
I can't decide which would provide me more amusement -- having an actual, serious American F1 team to watch, or witnessing the debacle of a Danikova embarrassment combined with the IRL having even less going for it in the future.

I am leaning toward the Schadenfreude. :laugh:

Gnam
02-17-09, 01:59 AM
The team is looking at several candidates, including the 26-year-old Patrick.

I double dog dare them. :laugh::thumbup:

G.
02-17-09, 02:06 AM
I can't decide which would provide me more amusement -- having an actual, serious American F1 team to watch, or witnessing the debacle of a Danikova embarrassment combined with the IRL having even less going for it in the future.

I am leaning toward the Schadenfreude. :laugh:

I would ironically buy and wear Danicle racing apparel. :rofl:

TedN
02-19-09, 07:31 AM
Danica Patrick would like to thank the proposed American Formula One team for its interest in having her drive for it next season, but she really would have preferred a heads up before anything was announced.

Patrick then denied she's about to jump to the F-1 circus as was announced by the USF1 team earlier this week in London.

The 26-year-old darling of the vroom-vroom set, in fact, was more than a little perturbed at USF1 boss Ken Anderson for putting it out there that she was going to part of the program.

Source (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2009/02/19/8442331-sun.html)

Ted

chop456
02-19-09, 08:15 AM
Where did Anderson say she was going to be part of the program?

"She's great. She gets a lot of press," USF1 technical director Ken Anderson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "[Indianapolis Motor Speedway president] Tony George would probably be pretty mad with me if I took her out of the IRL but we'll see.

"I don't know if it's something she wants to do. We'd certainly love to test her and go from there."

She really needs to learn to keep her mouth shut.

:lob:

NismoZ
02-19-09, 11:57 AM
Well, Anderson did say he "...missed the (old) days when we could do some crazy things." This would certainly qualify. Besides, Princess says "It's a flattering thing...maybe they'll call!" Ooooo, I can hardly wait for the next episode!

Methanolandbrats
02-19-09, 12:36 PM
She's dumber than a pumpkin. Has she no understanding of the fact she sucks and if she had been born with balls she never would have gotten a ride anywhere?

Fio1
02-19-09, 03:42 PM
Signing Danica would be silly for anyone who follows racing like we do. But to the casual fan, and press it would be great! To be honest would the results be that much different if a start-up F1 team sign Lewis Halmilton instead of Danica? Ya, they'd go from 21st on the grid to 17th, and finish 10th instead of 16th.

The fact remains that it takes money to go racing. Unless some American driver can come up with 20 million dollars (what F1 ride buyers need to bring) there won't be an American in F1 for a while. But, Danica is the only driver around who can raise that kind of money without lifting a finger. Actually, she can probably raise 60 million dollars for F1. The sponsors on her IRL car have funded Marco's IRL season the last few years as well as help cover the costs to run Kanaan, the Japanese guy, Wheldon and Franchitti over the years.

At the end of the day, a start-up F1 team that wanted to put an American in F1 will kill a lot of birds by signing that one stone. It's silly I know, but think of the amount exposure she can get for F1 and her sposnors. Bet you, signing her might lower the so called fees a start-up F1 team needs to raise. You don't think Bernie's eyes lit up when Danica's name was being mentioned? Imagine the amount of press sponsors can get by sponsoring Danica in F1? She's end up on the cover of Paris Match, People, Vogue, Hello, etc, and maybe even Time if nothing else happens that week. Think of the publicity that can generate worldwide companies? When's the last time someone in racing was on the cover of such magazine? Probably when Senna got killed.

The only way this team will get off the ground would probably be by signing Danica. She'll do 2 seasons max and by that time one of these young Americans (Rossi, Daly, Newgarten) will be ready for F1 and take her seat.

It is what it is. 90% of the American population know of Nascar and Danica Patrick; nothing more about racing. This is reality.

dando
02-19-09, 04:01 PM
Signing Danica would be silly for anyone who follows racing like we do. But to the casual fan, and press it would be great! To be honest would the results be that much different if a start-up F1 team sign Lewis Halmilton instead of Danica? Ya, they'd go from 21st on the grid to 17th, and finish 10th instead of 16th.

The fact remains that it takes money to go racing. Unless some American driver can come up with 20 million dollars (what F1 ride buyers need to bring) there won't be an American in F1 for a while. But, Danica is the only driver around who can raise that kind of money without lifting a finger. Actually, she can probably raise 60 million dollars for F1. The sponsors on her IRL car have funded Marco's IRL season the last few years as well as help cover the costs to run Kanaan, the Japanese guy, Wheldon and Franchitti over the years.

At the end of the day, a start-up F1 team that wanted to put an American in F1 will kill a lot of birds by signing that one stone. It's silly I know, but think of the amount exposure she can get for F1 and her sposnors. Bet you, signing her might lower the so called fees a start-up F1 team needs to raise. You don't think Bernie's eyes lit up when Danica's name was being mentioned? Imagine the amount of press sponsors can get by sponsoring Danica in F1? She's end up on the cover of Paris Match, People, Vogue, Hello, etc, and maybe even Time if nothing else happens that week. Think of the publicity that can generate worldwide companies? When's the last time someone in racing was on the cover of such magazine? Probably when Senna got killed.

The only way this team will get off the ground would probably be by signing Danica. She'll do 2 seasons max and by that time one of these young Americans (Rossi, Daly, Newgarten) will be ready for F1 and take her seat.

It is what it is. 90% of the American population know of Nascar and Danica Patrick; nothing more about racing. This is reality.

The problem is that F1 doesn't even race on this continent. Signing Danica is like the proverbial tree falling in the forest.

-Kevin

trish
02-19-09, 04:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2089257 I suppose he could have changed his mind since then.

Methanolandbrats
02-19-09, 05:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2089257 I suppose he could have changed his mind since then.:laugh: One of Bernie's best interviews.

emjaya
02-19-09, 05:02 PM
The problem is that F1 doesn't even race on this continent. Signing Danica is like the proverbial tree falling in the forest.

-Kevin

I diagree. Signing Rossi, Daly or Newgarten would be a tree in a forest.

Signing Danica would make a lot of noise in the media. Maybe for all the wrong reasons, but noise just the same.

oddlycalm
02-19-09, 06:00 PM
The 26-year-old darling of the vroom-vroom set, in fact, was more than a little perturbed...
Apparently they haven't noticed that more than a little perturbed is Princess Permapout's native state. :laugh:

oc

Fio1
02-19-09, 06:13 PM

-Kevin

It doesn't matter if they race here or not. She's been played out in the USA anyways. All the hype is gone here. Most of the stories and press will come from Europe; on the cover of Paris Match, etc. Right now in Europe no one cares about the Indy 500, so there are no stories about her. She hasn't been played out yet in Europe. Rolex, Chanel, Visa, etc will all want a piece of her if she goes F1. Not to mention a major cel-phone company and bank. Think of all the products that are targeted to women that can now sponsor F1. The best way to do it is what Ganassi does with Target; have all the associate sponsors on those cars. And have them change every race, to target surtain markets F1 visits. It's called USF1, but it doesn't mean it has to be a US Sponsored car! The opportunities are endless. The only draw back, is that the economy sucks....and people are tight.

It's a gimmick. That's all it is; 100% hype, PR and B.S! But, it's the only way to generate the hundreds of million dollars it takes to get an F1 team off the ground now a days. The days of ATS, Osella, Coloni, Brun, AGS and Onyx are gone. Too bad. Now, you either have an auto manufacture behind you, are a Saudi prince, or land some huge international sponsors. And, with Danica a good marketing guy could land those big sponsors!

Insomniac
02-19-09, 06:49 PM
Source (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/othersports/2009/02/19/8442331-sun.html)

Ted

In related news, I would like to thank President Obama for his interest in me to become the new Secretary of HHS.

cameraman
02-19-09, 07:14 PM
In related news, I would like to thank President Obama for his interest in me to become the new Secretary of HHS.

Ya don't say? Well I'd like to talk with you concerning some National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke T-RO1 funding if you have the time.

NismoZ
02-19-09, 07:22 PM
Summerton:thumbup:.

NismoZ
02-19-09, 07:31 PM
I think we're safe. Concerning driver choice "Pete" Windsor says: "It's not about what a driver brings commercially. It is about a driver's ...ability." Carl Haas used to think like that!;)

dando
02-20-09, 05:08 PM
In a phone interview Friday with The Associated Press, Patrick says she's flattered by the team's interest but is happy where she is.

"You know, it starts with a phone call, and I haven't heard anything," says Patrick, a fan favorite who won her first IndyCar race last year in Japan. "It's funny how these things get going. But I'm happy driving in the IndyCar Series, I'm happy in North America."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/news/story?id=3921946

-Kevin

Fio1
02-21-09, 09:47 PM
Classic! AJ Dorkmindinger said he wasn't interested in the USF1 and rather stay in nascar. Ya, like I'm sure you were #1 on their list. :laugh: Next, we might here from Eddie Cheever! :saywhat:

trish
02-21-09, 10:44 PM
Get over AJA already. He wasn't going to save Champ Car.

Gnam
02-22-09, 04:35 PM
Besides the Dinger, are there any NASCAR drivers with open wheel/road racing experience?

A couple of years earlier, and Jeff Gordon might have worked out.

Cam
02-22-09, 05:18 PM
Besides the Dinger, are there any NASCAR drivers with open wheel/road racing experience?

A couple of years earlier, and Jeff Gordon might have worked out.

Snotty Speed. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
02-22-09, 06:44 PM
Paul Menard :thumbup:

dando
02-22-09, 08:13 PM
Mentioned on the NASCAB show tonight that 'dunger was in the mix and an announcement is expected Tues.

-Kevin

Cam
02-23-09, 08:39 AM
Mentioned on the NASCAB show tonight that 'dunger was in the mix and an announcement is expected Tues.

-Kevin

I'll not be turning blue.

TKGAngel
02-23-09, 01:52 PM
yuck, yuck, yuck

and she's got a skank tat. double yuck.

Apparently SI did some airbrushing to minimize the size of the tramp stamp. Deadspin was all about it on Saturday.

Jayski had a denial from Dinger that he's considered leaving NASCAR for F1.

Methanolandbrats
02-23-09, 02:07 PM
If the American F1 team will only consider American Drivers they may as well close shop now. No team should consider nationality as basis for a seat....it's nothing but Global Gomerism

dando
02-23-09, 02:38 PM
Jayski had a denial from Dinger that he's considered leaving NASCAR for F1.

I should have clarified my post, but I was busy stabbing my eyes while watching the so-called race...the announcement Tues is supposed to be by Peter Windsor about the team, and not 'dunger's involvement.

-Kevin

TedN
02-23-09, 05:28 PM
If the American F1 team will only consider American Drivers they may as well close shop now. No team should consider nationality as basis for a seat....it's nothing but Global Gomerism

When pressed by Despain on this, Windsor replied that initially they may actually have a more experienced non-American driver with a less experienced American.

Ted

opinionated ow
02-23-09, 05:37 PM
Apparently SI did some airbrushing to minimize the size of the tramp stamp. Deadspin was all about it on Saturday.

Still, there are few things more gross than a skank tat

High Sided
02-24-09, 01:57 PM
great little launch today, gotta give these boys credit!!

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 02:34 PM
Mario crawled out of the winery to plug Whiner Jr. for the F1 seat.:yuck:

Fio1
02-24-09, 04:22 PM
I'm telling you guys; Danica will be one of the drivers. This thing will never get off the ground without her.

USF1 will not try and qualify for their first F1 race without Danica as one of the drivers!

She'll do two years max, retire, start a family and do TV or whatever. You'll see. ;)

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 04:28 PM
I'm telling you guys; Danica will be one of the drivers. This thing will never get off the ground without her.

USF1 will not try and qualify for their first F1 race without Danica as one of the drivers!

She'll do two years max, retire, start a family and do TV or whatever. You'll see. ;)If this happens can we call a bottom in motorsports? :D

STD
02-24-09, 04:38 PM
:laugh:

cameraman
02-24-09, 04:39 PM
I'll believe it when a car hits the track in 2010.

In the mean time, wgaf.

Don Quixote
02-24-09, 04:44 PM
Cheever and Permapout in the broadcast booth together reminiscing over the good old days when they were driving in Formula 1. How great would that be? :laugh:

Sean Malone
02-24-09, 04:48 PM
Cheever and Permapout in the broadcast booth together reminiscing over the good old days when they were driving in Formula 1. How great would that be? :laugh:

You just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Thanks.

oddlycalm
02-24-09, 04:51 PM

Thanks for that image....:yuck:

oc

dando
02-24-09, 05:05 PM
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-usf1-ready-to-roll/

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-q-a-peter-windsor/

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-usf1-press-conference-video-highlights/

I didn't see a link to the 411 from the announcement.

-Kevin

robot9000
02-24-09, 05:18 PM
"There are so many great things to be doing I just can't wait to get down to the local Starbucks and have more meetings "

I think that says it all right there....:laugh: