PDA

View Full Version : New American F1 Team?

Pages : 1 [2]

Insomniac
02-24-09, 06:20 PM
You'd think anyone can come into F1 and be competitive by what they say. Which is completely contradicted by them even considering Danica Patrick.

Fio1
02-24-09, 06:33 PM
You'd think anyone can come into F1 and be competitive by what they say. Which is completely contradicted by them even considering Danica Patrick.

No start-up team has ever been competitive. They'll never claim to be winning races the first few seasons. With a customer motor, what do you expect? It will take them 5-10 years to start winning any ways. By that time, Danica will have 3 kids and will be looking for Hefner's card looking to earn a quick 1/2 mil. The first season or two, they'll get Summerton & Danica. Build up all the hype and B.S. Then, they'll get serious with Summerton and by that time Rossi, Newgarden, Daly, etc will be ready to rock.

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 06:42 PM
If she gets a ride, hopefully she will have a fit in Bahrain and piss off the Arabs. Maybe they'll sentence the bitch to be stoned :thumbup:

Insomniac
02-24-09, 07:17 PM
No start-up team has ever been competitive. They'll never claim to be winning races the first few seasons. With a customer motor, what do you expect? It will take them 5-10 years to start winning any ways. By that time, Danica will have 3 kids and will be looking for Hefner's card looking to earn a quick 1/2 mil. The first season or two, they'll get Summerton & Danica. Build up all the hype and B.S. Then, they'll get serious with Summerton and by that time Rossi, Newgarden, Daly, etc will be ready to rock.

They disagree with you, which is where I was basing my comment.

The team plans to race full-time in Formula 1 in 2010, and hopes to be in a position to finish in the points with some regularity by the following season. “After that, the sky’s the limit,” said Windsor.

jcollins28
02-24-09, 07:56 PM
This thread needs more Yellow Ribbon..

oddlycalm
02-24-09, 09:38 PM
This thread needs more Yellow Ribbon..
and cow bell....

jcollins28
02-24-09, 10:30 PM
and cow bell....

Did someone say cow bell?

http://djbeaker.blogspot.com/2006/03/top-5-cowbell-songs.html

stroker
02-24-09, 11:39 PM
No start-up team has ever been competitive.

You mean aside from Walter Wolf?

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 11:48 PM
"The team plans to race full-time in Formula 1 in 2010, and hopes to be in a position to finish in the points with some regularity by the following season. “After that, the sky’s the limit,” said Windsor."

:rofl:

STD
02-25-09, 01:21 AM
You mean aside from Walter Wolf?

Not really a start up team. Part Hesketh, the rest Frank Williams Racing Cars Ltd.
Maybe USF1 should buy BARF not wasting a year and win right out of the chute. :laugh:

Elmo T
02-28-09, 11:09 PM
Kyle Busch?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73468

STD
02-28-09, 11:39 PM
:rofl:

Methanolandbrats
02-28-09, 11:49 PM
WTF is Micro Al doing these days? Is he still driving or is he old enough to drink now?

extramundane
03-01-09, 02:14 AM
At this rate, Jesus Villeneuve might make it back yet.

nissan gtp
03-01-09, 08:38 AM
Schumacher :rofl:

Easy
03-02-09, 12:22 PM
At this rate, Jesus Villeneuve might make it back yet.

He'll consider himself at bargain at $35,000,000 a year.

extramundane
03-02-09, 03:28 PM

And what a bargain, considering the ex-NASCAR star power he'll bring along with him.

Too bad the IRL snapped up Stanton Barrett so quickly.

Methanolandbrats
03-02-09, 10:22 PM
That's a bargain for a World Champion with the technical feedback skills and testing work ethic of Jack :thumbup:

Easy
03-03-09, 11:28 AM
That's a bargain for a World Champion with the technical feedback skills and testing work ethic of Jack :thumbup:

For feedback and work ethic I'd take Alex Wurz at <$5,000,000.

Money saved for the team: Tens of millions

Not having to deal with Craig Pollock: Priceless

STD
03-03-09, 12:15 PM
Pollock finally found a new gig?

ilferrari
03-14-10, 02:15 PM
""The USF1 team plans a launch
Peter Windsor says that the new USF1 team will be launched on Speed TV on February 24. The new team hopes that the announcement of the project will result in more backing arriving.

Windsor started his F1 career as a journalist but became Williams F1's sponsorship manager in 1985. In 1988 he left the team and tried to buy Brabham but the deal ended up in a legal wrangle, although Windsor ended up being awarded $2m in damages. In 1990 he became head of Ferrari's Guildford Technical Office but a year later went back to Williams as team manager. In 1993 Windsor went to America hoping to set up an Indycar team but when that did not happen he established a new F1 team with Japan's Tetsu Ikuzawa and Enrique Scalabroni. This opened a drawing office in Basildon, Essex, but never found the money to build the cars. Windsor then returned to the F1 media and has been working for Speed TV for several years.""

Nice bio.........Windsor ****ed up everything he ever started :rofl:

I guess Peter has just improved his resume :D

oddlycalm
03-15-10, 03:56 PM
I guess Peter has just improved his resume :D

Probably his last bite at F1 though. There's the matter of $20 million + that disappeared with only a tub and a handful of machined parts to show for it. The FIA would be crazy to let him near F1 again.

oc

The other thing I was interested to hear Bernie's thoughts on was US F1. From what I've heard, Youtube founder Chad Hurley invested $20m in the project and most of it was spent. Teams looking at similar projects reckoned that it would take an amount adjacent to that in order to get as far as the start of the season from scratch, never mind the cost of competing. Google is a fantastic resource and you can find just about anything on there, except of course Mr Hurley's 20 million bucks. Has he been asking where it's gone?
Bernie Ecclestone © LAT

"Yeah," Bernie nodded. "He's not happy. Which is not good. You know, it's a bad image for F1."

He went on: "They were never going to make it. I said that from day one when people accused me and said I shouldn't say things like that. But they could never make it. I don't know where the money went in the end. Somebody spent a lot of money."

pchall
03-18-10, 09:20 AM
Nice blast from the past.