PDA

View Full Version : KV & N/H/L down to 1?

NismoZ
02-01-09, 11:07 AM
I guess Vasser is saying Moraes may be the only guy they can run this year with 2 mil.$ more in engine costs but less money than before. Huh, sounds like news out of DC! "The bottom line is we had to layoff 18 people and as of right now are going to run only one car in the IRL this season." SPEEDTV also saying N/H/L looks like a 1 car Rahal effort as well. SPEED estimates 14 car at this point. Just a number.

devilmaster
02-01-09, 03:53 PM
not that i gaf, cause the only news I get anymore is reading OC....

but i wouldn't be surprised to read here that the season will be cancelled (minus the big race) sometime in the next month or so.

G.
02-01-09, 04:23 PM

but i wouldn't be surprised to read here that the season will be cancelled (minus the big race) sometime in the next month or so.

Tony bux will come through, but I'd be really surprised if the braintrustfunders aren't weighing the costs of "puttin' on a show" reversus paying the "out" in the contracts.

Don Quixote
02-01-09, 05:21 PM
And when they do, game over.

devilmaster
02-01-09, 06:03 PM
And when they do, game over.

you mean it isn't over yet?

hell, i thought it was all over bout 4 years ago. even if they had merged then, i figgered it was over.

Don Quixote
02-01-09, 06:45 PM
Good point. I guess I meant really really really over, for everybody. :D

Fio1
02-01-09, 11:26 PM
wow. In 20-years we went from 1 series with 28+ cars (20 good ones), to two series with 20-24 cars (some good, and a lot poor), to two series with 16-18 cars to one series with maybe 18 cars. Great work guys! :shakehead

It's amazing to thing that years ago Bernie E was worried about Indy Cars and now Indy Cars looks like Italian F3.:saywhat:

opinionated ow
02-02-09, 07:56 AM
wow. In 20-years we went from 1 series with 28+ cars (20 good ones), to two series with 20-24 cars (some good, and a lot poor), to two series with 16-18 cars to one series with maybe 18 cars. Great work guys! :shakehead

It's amazing to thing that years ago Bernie E was worried about Indy Cars and now Indy Cars looks like Italian F3.:saywhat:

Italian F3 is stronger than Indycar!

Lux Interior
02-02-09, 08:57 AM
Pretty much everything is stronger than Indycar right now.

Of course, when they legitimately take one of the most recognized franchises in the world (The Indy 500) and utterly ruin it, what did they expect would happen? No one cares anymore. Gee, I wonder why?

Hesketh
02-02-09, 10:12 AM
Heard last Friday that a bunch of guys at KV were laid off. Now hearing that Bachelart's guys are taking a pay cut. Things are getting tough(er) for race mechanics!!

Ripped
02-02-09, 10:45 AM
Yeah Hesketh, I just got off the phone with an ex-PKV employee, he was told that 20 people are getting or have gotten their walking papers. Every day seems to bring more bad news right now and to think of the pointless reason the whole mess was started just pisses me off even more now than 13 years ago. :flame::flame::flame::flame::mad::mad:

Thanks Tony!!!

JLMannin
02-02-09, 12:04 PM

Honestly, I think that has been TG's goal since day one with the IRL.

Insomniac
02-02-09, 12:42 PM
How many cars are left from the "transition" teams?

cameraman
02-02-09, 01:14 PM
You won't know until 5 minutes before the first race, remember Dale Coyne is involved.

Corner5
02-02-09, 02:10 PM

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/bgleason/pt/FatLadySings.gif

Insomniac
02-02-09, 02:26 PM
You won't know until 5 minutes before the first race, remember Dale Coyne is involved.

I'll have to wait for the Futility threads then. :)

pchall
02-02-09, 03:44 PM

Yes, but the Dallara-Speiss Opel and Dallara-Mugen Hondas that run in Italy are way more fun to watch than crapwagons.

shaggy_socal
02-02-09, 09:45 PM

Only if the costs to shut down the series are less than fulfilling their exisitng contracts and obligations.

I'd be surprised if the IRL adds any new venues for 2010 and/or renews any contracts this season.

Question for TG: What good is it to finally have control of open wheel racing if no one can afford or, in some cases, want to participate?

DagoFast
02-03-09, 01:02 PM
Question for TG: What good is it to finally have control of open wheel racing if no one can afford or, in some cases, want to participate?

That's a rhetorical question, right?

devilmaster
02-03-09, 02:04 PM

I've said it before and i'll say it again: What FTG failed to realize was that 10% of a hundred million dollar pie is still better than 100% of a 5 million dollar pie.

SurfaceUnits
02-03-09, 02:49 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again: What FTG failed to realize was that 10% of a hundred million dollar pie is still better than 100% of a 5 million dollar pie.

You don't know how TOneys mined werks do you?

devilmaster
02-03-09, 09:55 PM
You don't know how TOneys mined werks do you?

Oh i know how it works very well....

too bad nobody could get it through his coke-addled head...

The Doctor
02-04-09, 12:25 AM
bahahaha... milka, doornbos, and rahal. 2/3 superteam, 1/3 chicane, all NHL.

SurfaceUnits
02-04-09, 11:21 AM
looks like TOneybucks will be the sponsor of the dryer&reinbolts car

robot9000
02-04-09, 09:17 PM
Jebus, if the Milky Doughnuts rumor is true, Paul must be just a spinnin in his grave :yuck:

shaggy_socal
02-04-09, 09:45 PM
bahahaha... milka, doornbos, and rahal. 2/3 superteam, 1/3 chicane, all NHL.

LOL

NismoZ
02-15-09, 10:40 PM
:shakehead...to the tune of 12-14 mil. $$...according to Robin tonight. 3 cars.

NismoZ
02-21-09, 10:41 AM
Doornbos on board at N/H/L so I guess the BIG announcement is soon to follow.

SurfaceUnits
02-24-09, 12:16 PM
Milka Duno, who NHLR has confirmed, will join the team in a testing capacity for the two days'.

The Venezuelan had been tipped to join Doornbos and Rahal in a third entry this season but, as happened with the Dutchman, the trail has gone slightly cold of late, with no new information coming from either side. Attention will be paid to Duno's car to see if it gives any clue to potential sponsors, which could be key, not only to seeing her in an NHLR entry this season - if only for the Indianapolis 500 - but also to the strength of the team as a whole.

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 12:45 PM
Milka Duno, who NHLR has confirmed, will join the team in a testing capacity for the two days'.

The Venezuelan had been tipped to join Doornbos and Rahal in a third entry this season but, as happened with the Dutchman, the trail has gone slightly cold of late, with no new information coming from either side. Attention will be paid to Duno's car to see if it gives any clue to potential sponsors, which could be key, not only to seeing her in an NHLR entry this season - if only for the Indianapolis 500 - but also to the strength of the team as a whole.:rofl:

Gnam
02-24-09, 12:59 PM
Attention will be paid to Duno's car to see if it gives any clue to potential sponsors...

Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
Schick Quattro
Isotoners
Applebee's

:p

Methanolandbrats
02-24-09, 01:09 PM
Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
Schick Quattro
Isotoners
Applebee's

:p

Valtrex
Astroglide

pchall
02-24-09, 04:52 PM
is there a bullet to the brain emoticon here?

SurfaceUnits
02-24-09, 05:02 PM
AA0wY4WFUPM

The strength of NHL is dependent on Milka Duno...what is there left to say?

Wally
02-24-09, 05:30 PM
How about a PLN spinning in his grave emoticon....:shakehead

Insomniac
02-24-09, 06:09 PM

The Venezuelan had been tipped to join Doornbos and Rahal in a third entry this season but, as happened with the Dutchman, the trail has gone slightly cold of late, with no new information coming from either side. Attention will be paid to Duno's car to see if it gives any clue to potential sponsors, which could be key, not only to seeing her in an NHLR entry this season - if only for the Indianapolis 500 - but also to the strength of the team as a whole.

How fast they fall.

TravelGal
02-24-09, 08:48 PM
How fast they fall.

But how appropriately. :tony:

High Sided
02-25-09, 10:11 AM
from speed...

As first reported several weeks ago on SPEEDtv.com, Milka Duno was in the third Newman/Haas/Lanigan car as teammates with Graham Rahal and Doornbos. And, although it was being referred to as a test, she made it clear the deal was for 2009.

NismoZ
02-25-09, 11:47 PM
Yeah, she even said she'll have to "up her game now." Gotta get more of those top 20s.

Gnam
02-26-09, 02:18 AM
Yeah, she even said she'll have to "up her game now." Gotta get more of those top 20s.
There isn't enough traction control in the world...

Indy
03-01-09, 03:34 PM
If I were Tony, I would put down rails at the Speedway so that it would be a giant electric slot car track. Then, you could have an unlimited number of big breasted, mannish Venezuelan ride-buyers, because somebody in the pits would be racing the car with one of those little trigger control thingies.

I am thinking this would be the best entertainment since #3 punted himself into heaven. God bless the France's, Carl Haas and Lord Tony The Genius Boy Racing Tycoon. Amen.

High Sided
03-01-09, 07:23 PM
^
no reason to make an attempt at humor using the death of a driver :shakehead

Indy
03-04-09, 10:23 PM
That's sarcasm there, pardner. You see, I don't think the dead driver thing is funny at all, but to the sort of moran who digs NASCAR and the Tony League, it's all entertainment.

coolhand
03-06-09, 07:36 PM
That's sarcasm there, pardner. You see, I don't think the dead driver thing is funny at all, but to the sort of moran who digs NASCAR and the Tony League, it's all entertainment.

That is ********. You seriously think some NASCAR fans enjoy seeing drivers die?

JohnHKart
03-09-09, 06:07 PM
Newman Haas has come to this...God!!!!

(no subs on this list and im doing it off the top of my head- only googled to add junky)

Mario Andretti

Michael Andretti

Nigel Mansell

Paul Tracy

Christian Fittipaldi

Cristiano Da Matta

Sebastian Bourdais

Bruno Junqueira

Justin Wilson

Graham Rahal

Milka Duno

How the mighty have fallen! Paul Newman must be spinning.

Methanolandbrats
03-09-09, 11:02 PM
Newman Haas has come to this...God!!!!

(no subs on this list and im doing it off the top of my head- only googled to add junky)

Mario Andretti

Michael Andretti

Nigel Mansell

Paul Tracy

Christian Fittipaldi

Cristiano Da Matta

Sebastian Bourdais

Bruno Junqueira

Justin Wilson

Graham Rahal

Milka Duno

How the mighty have fallen! Paul Newman must be spinning. Chrissy was their only mistake until Milkers came along, even Chrissy was quicker than her until he backed it in.

High Sided
03-09-09, 11:58 PM
money-it's a hit

Don Quixote
03-10-09, 12:26 AM
Fittipaldi was prettier than Milkers. :laugh:

JohnHKart
03-10-09, 12:13 PM
It's like McLaren adding Riccardo Rosset (or Alex Yoong).

jcollins28
03-10-09, 06:01 PM
Fittipaldi did provide some great footage for those "And they walked away" type films though.

pchall
03-10-09, 07:42 PM
Do you mean when he used Fabrizio Barbazza's left rear wheel to launch into a backflip at Monza?

Fittipaldi did provide some great footage for those "And they walked away" type films though.

jcollins28
03-10-09, 11:27 PM
Do you mean when he used Fabrizio Barbazza's left rear wheel to launch into a backflip at Monza?

That and the wrecks at New Hampshire and Chicago. I'm still shocked he did not get injured in any of those wrecks.

Methanolandbrats
03-10-09, 11:42 PM
That and the wrecks at New Hampshire and Chicago. I'm still shocked he did not get injured in any of those wrecks.
I think that was after Chrissy destroyed a great session I was having at the Milwaukee Mile. The dick backed it in in turn 2 and punched a hole in the wall. The whole day was cancelled. :mad:

jcollins28
03-11-09, 12:06 AM
I think that was after Chrissy destroyed a great session I was having at the Milwaukee Mile. The dick backed it in in turn 2 and punched a hole in the wall. The whole day was cancelled. :mad:

That's right it was Milwaukee not New Hampshire.

robot9000
03-13-09, 11:55 AM
Didn't he also break his leg in, like, the first Lap at Surfers too?

And I think he also provided some entertainment by crashing with Herta (?) and yelling at him and then going over and punching him in the helmet back in the 90's while both cars were against the wall? Memory if fuzzy, but I thought is was Fitti the Lessor....

pchall
03-13-09, 12:11 PM
Yes. He got the classic right tib/fib fracture from a straight in impact into the Armco while under heavy braking.

Didn't he also break his leg in, like, the first Lap at Surfers too?

High Sided
03-24-09, 11:15 AM
some good news from the barber test...

Robin Miller: it appears Milka Duno is looking for a ride. She had practiced with Newman/Haas/Lanigan at Homestead last month and the team had cleared space in its shop to run three cars but evidently her funding fell short of what had been promised.

Sean Malone
03-24-09, 11:23 AM

Whew!:thumbup:

Although the thought of Milka beating Permapout race to race was something I was looking forward to. :)

pchall
03-24-09, 11:51 AM
The IRL ought to establish an A/B/C/D Cup Driver's Championship.

Whew!:thumbup:
Although the thought of Milka beating Permapout race to race was something I was looking forward to. :)

Andrew Longman
03-24-09, 12:32 PM

Another benefit of lower oil prices.

swift
04-05-09, 12:50 AM
Where's Milka?

Duno tested with Newman/Haas/Lanigan at Homestead in February and was attempting to put a deal together to run alongside Robert Doornbos and Rahal but, according to his friends, Carl Haas just decided he didn't want to run her -- at any price.......
SpeedTV (http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-millers-saturday-st-pete-notebook//P2/)

:rofl:

Don Quixote
04-05-09, 10:55 AM
Maybe Carl reads this forum. :gomer:

gerhard911
04-05-09, 08:21 PM
More likely he got a late night visit from the ghost of PLN ala A Christmas Carol.

NismoZ
04-06-09, 11:04 AM
:thumbup:

devilmaster
04-06-09, 01:28 PM
I'm more inclined to believe that Carl didn't get enough money compared to he felt Milka wasn't talented enough....