PDA

View Full Version : NFL moving games to prime time stinks

WickerBill
01-11-03, 03:15 PM
It's 2pm and I'm sitting here bored because I *should* be watching football. Why move the games to late afternoon / prime time? Do they NOT want the kids to be able to see the end of the games?

I'd like to watch the games and still have my Saturday night free. :mad:

Is it all about ratings, or not starting games in the morning on the left coast?

WB

dirtyboy
01-11-03, 04:16 PM
I couldn’t agree more. What a waist of a day. Plus my wife works on Saturdays so I am sitting at home watching Die Hard instead of football, once the game starts at 5:00 pst she’ll be home and I guarantee you football is the last thing she’ll want to watch.

Foxman
01-11-03, 04:40 PM
Amen. the 1PM EST and 4PM EST were the perfect times for games. You could watch the games during the day, and go out to have some fun that night.

Ziggy
01-11-03, 07:02 PM
Im not a fan of it, but I did plan for it! Went to the Hobby Shop for some Shabo Transfers and Bare Metal Foil (it sucks having to drive around looking for these supplies) and knocked out a set of circulars from the big chains.

Domestic Ziggy

GO BEARS, eh, uhhh, GO, uh, GO YEAH

nrc
01-11-03, 08:31 PM
I wonder how much of this has to do with the shifting population. Playoff games aired at 10AM on the west coast probably don't draw that well.