PDA

View Full Version : webcam question

stroker
01-08-09, 11:16 PM
Just bought a Logitech 9000 webcam. I was surprised at how good the picture is, but the autofocus is driving me nuts. Sometimes it takes forever (more than 1 minute) after you stop moving toward or away from the camera to refocus and sometimes it defocuses with lateral movement and never refocuses. I haven't heard back from tech support yet. Does this behavior sound within the range of "normal" or does it sound more like it's defective? I can still take it back, but I can't afford much more of an expensive webcam (paid ~$90).

Insomniac
01-09-09, 11:48 AM
Just bought a Logitech 9000 webcam. I was surprised at how good the picture is, but the autofocus is driving me nuts. Sometimes it takes forever (more than 1 minute) after you stop moving toward or away from the camera to refocus and sometimes it defocuses with lateral movement and never refocuses. I haven't heard back from tech support yet. Does this behavior sound within the range of "normal" or does it sound more like it's defective? I can still take it back, but I can't afford much more of an expensive webcam (paid ~$90).

If you think it's broken, could you just exchange it and see if the new one does the same thing? That sounds like something you could Google and find others complain about if it was how they worked. Logitech cams are among the most popular brands.

oddlycalm
01-09-09, 07:04 PM
Jthe autofocus is driving me nuts. .

If I recall correctly there several similar comments on the Amazon & Newegg owner reviews.

oc