PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY posting 500 overnight ratings

cart7
05-27-03, 09:29 AM
5.1, down from 5.3 last year. Not as low as I thought it'd go but, then again, the entire east coast was inside due to lousy weather.

pchall
05-27-03, 10:33 AM
5.1 overnight down from last year's 5.3 final?

cart7
05-27-03, 10:37 AM
Last years overnight was a 5.3, 4.8 final.

DaveL
05-27-03, 02:06 PM
If the rate of decline levels off, it will only be because there are fewer groups of fans left to alienate.

devilmaster
05-27-03, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
If the rate of decline levels off, it will only be because there are fewer groups of fans left to alienate.

Have faith... Tony will alienate everyone sooner or later.... In fact, its the only thing he's been good at.

Thanks, idiotgrandson.
Steve

sundaydriver
05-27-03, 05:15 PM
So the rating are in and they are down. Gee, I wonder how the IRL will spin this? :shakehead

Final rating will be 4.5 The slide continues, thanks Tony! :gomer:

RaceGrrl
05-27-03, 11:04 PM
They don't even have Annika to blame it on.

pchall
05-27-03, 11:06 PM
Yes, they do.

If Annika had made the cut all the male viewers would have boycotted golf in favor of the 500...

Jag_Warrior
05-29-03, 01:27 PM
Now that CART is out of NASCAR's gunsights and Tony has predicted that the IRL will be cleaning NASCAR's clock any day now... Humpy, Fox and the NASCAR gang take out an ad beating down the Indy 500. Life may be about to get rough for the powder-head.

Being severely down on power, GM/Chevy is still working on their secret weapon (which more than likely is just a dignified exit strategy), so I wonder how the league is going to look in another year... when Tony finds that his strongest benefactor won't return his calls. GM is certainly more worried about Toyota stealing their lunch in NASCAR than anything happening in the IRL. Do they have the engineering talent to run two competitive racing programs against an F1 manufacturer? I guess it's only fitting that a company that claimed it was on the come-back trail loses marketshare and the "biggest race in the world" to the same Japanese manufacturer in the same year.

cart7
05-29-03, 01:31 PM
From what I've read, this drop of .2 isn't quite as good as some want to make it out to be. The "experts" are saying that, because of heavy rains up and down the east coast Sunday, more people were stuck inside to watch TV than go outside and do Memorial day stuff. Thus, even with people stuck inside with nothing else to do, they still watched the 500 in fewer numbers.