PDA

View Full Version : Road House

Sean Malone
01-05-09, 01:35 PM
best movie in the past 25 years or best movie of all time?

Action (martial art combat, bar fights, gun fights)
Drama (death of a friend, oppressed citizens)
Romance (broom closet, young hot doctor)
Plot Twist (love interest has history with antagonist)
Monster Truck, big 80's hair!

Things people learned from Road House (from imdb message board)

When committing multiple homicide with a group of friends.When the cops show up to the home and asked "What happened?" Just eveyone say I didnt see nothin. And you will all get off scott free.

I learned that pain don't hurt.

I learned that big, heavy bouncers wearing a black shirt and light brown pants tucked into brown boots will make you look stylish and thinner.

I learned anytime guys come to a bar looking for trouble always check out their right boot.

I learned you can meet the biggest guy in the world and you can take his knee out and he will drop like a stone.

The most important thing I learned was to "be nice".

I learned that you can easily rip someone's throat out.

I also learned that stuffed Polar Bears can be used to knock someone unconscious for 5 mintues.

Methanolandbrats
01-05-09, 01:44 PM
That movie did'nt work because Patrick Swayze is a *****.

Don Quixote
01-05-09, 01:51 PM
But, did any manhole covers get sucked up into the air by a car? ;)

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 02:06 PM
AMC thinks its the best movie of all time. Seems like they've been showing it twice a day for almost a year.

Gotta admit though, I like pretty much anything with Sam Elliott (esp Big Labowski) and I'll listen to Jeff Healey (RIP) all night long

Sean Malone
01-05-09, 02:44 PM
AMC thinks its the best movie of all time. Seems like they've been showing it twice a day for almost a year.

Gotta admit though, I like pretty much anything with Sam Elliott (esp Big Labowski) and I'll listen to Jeff Healey (RIP) all night long

Yeah, that's why I posted this...the wife and I watched the entire thing Saturday night. LOL!!!

extramundane
01-05-09, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that's why I posted this...the wife and I watched the entire thing Saturday night. LOL!!!

So would you say that this is gonna be your regular Saturday-night thing?

(ARGH, why do I even remember that? Haven't seen that movie in 439 years.)

Sean Malone
01-05-09, 03:13 PM
So would you say that this is gonna be your regular Saturday-night thing?

(ARGH, why do I even remember that? Haven't seen that movie in 439 years.)

It's better now than it was then. Like bottle of Mad Dog 2020, it get better the more you drink. :D

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 04:13 PM
Of course Kevin Tighe plays the bar owner in that movie. I've never been able to get past him as Roy Desoto on Emergency every Saturday night as a kid. Especially now that my daughter became hooked on TV Land reruns of Emergency and watches DVDs of the first two seasons for days at a time (from time to time)

Elmo T
01-05-09, 04:19 PM
Especially now that my daughter became hooked on TV Land reruns of Emergency and watches DVDs of the first two seasons for days at a time (from time to time)

OT - That is where it all starts. :D

I am sure the local ambulance or FD would love the help.

Something seasonal for her:

LIlWpV3nJqM

Sean Malone
01-05-09, 04:33 PM
Of course Kevin Tighe plays the bar owner in that movie. I've never been able to get past him as Roy Desoto on Emergency every Saturday night as a kid. Especially now that my daughter became hooked on TV Land reruns of Emergency and watches DVDs of the first two seasons for days at a time (from time to time)

Yep, loved the Emergency (can still remember the intro theme with the siren like I just watched it) and the cop equivalent Adam12.

I also remember a siren at the beginning of some hospital show (Medical Center?). It had a slow crescendo into a lively jazz peice. I remember it kinda freaked me out.

Oh, and my daughter is an I love Lucy addict. She doesn't believe me when I tell her I've seen every show a dozen times.

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 04:53 PM
Elmo,

Why do they say "KMG365" after receiving a radio call on Emergency?

Sean,

I know what you mean. My daughter got the second Emergency season for Christmas and spent the day on the sofa (with my wife) watching it. She got annoyed when I kept saying things like "Oh, this is the one where he thinks they guy is a doper but it really a diabetic"

I wonder why.:gomer:

BTW Emergeny was a Jack Webb show just like Dragnet so it was indeed a Fireman version of dragnet and Adam 12 (also Webb shows)

cameraman
01-05-09, 05:00 PM
KMG-365 is an actual call sign, licensed to the County of Los Angeles for the radio frequency of 154.430 - which is an assigned fire service frequency. Not sure if LACoFD actually uses this frequency (or call sign), but it is valid.

devilmaster
01-05-09, 05:36 PM
'you play pretty good for a blind white boy....

ya, and i'd thought you'd be bigger'

:D

Cam
01-05-09, 05:51 PM
These are my memory of that show. :D

http://capecodfd.com/Pics%20misc/index.1.gif

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 08:36 PM
Cool. So is announcing your frequency just the proper protocol for radio operators? Sort of the "Over and Out" thing?

Elmo T
01-05-09, 08:55 PM
The station ID - yes, though not the frequency - and generally for the just the base station radios. Emergency is more of the "old school" radio protocol.

The only time you hear station ID's around here in Bucks County is when they make the daily announcements of equipment that is out of service.

I still think every medical emergency can be solved with "ringer's lactate and D5W"... ;)

nrc
01-05-09, 08:56 PM
Cool. So is announcing your frequency just the proper protocol for radio operators? Sort of the "Over and Out" thing?

The call sign is associated with the license, not the frequency. So if your license covers more than one frequency you'd use the same call sign on all of them. You were expected to sign on and off with your call sign as an identifier. This is according to my once-extensive knowledge of 70s CB radio protocol. :D

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 10:09 PM
I still think every medical emergency can be solved with "ringer's lactate and D5W"... ;)

:rofl:

I remember the episode where the trainee was "taking liberties" in his diagnosis, not waiting for Rampart to make the call. Good points all, but all they seem to ever say in other episodes was "ringer's lactate and D5W".

What's all of this have to do with Road House?

Andrew Longman
01-05-09, 10:11 PM
These are my memory of that show. :D

http://capecodfd.com/Pics%20misc/index.1.gif

Memories or mammories :gomer:

Gnam
01-05-09, 10:28 PM
My favorite story about bouncers: :)

hm0NgrTrCyU

EDwardo
01-05-09, 11:44 PM
Things people learned from Road House

Here's what I learned........

Carry your medical records at all times (just in case you get stabbed again)

Keep the Mercedes in a garage if you think someone might vandalize your car in a bar parking lot.

JLMannin
01-06-09, 02:11 PM
The only thing worse than a movie with Patrick Swayze would be a movie with Patrick Swayze AND Tom Cruise.

Is Roadhouse the movie with the worst movie flub of all-time? It was a Swayze movie where a guy broke out a window of a car with a flower pot. In the course of seconds, the scene starts at night in a horrible rainstorm with the camera shot tight on the guy and the car. Cut to a wide angle shot, the guy turns around a picks up a flower pot - problem: it is daylight, sunny, and not raining. Cut back to tight shot, guy breaks window of car, it is night and pouring rain again.

Horrible editing.

oddlycalm
01-06-09, 05:17 PM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I started laughing and it's only gotten better from there. :cool: Other things we learned from "Roadhouse"...

You can get rich by shaking people down in a town with only three businesses.

When you fight you need to remember to point your toes and maintain perfect form.

Films that are box office failures can rate 10th anniversary DVD's. (with commentary/wise cracks by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier)

oc

Cam
01-06-09, 06:00 PM
Memories or mammories :gomer:

Yes. :D