PDA

View Full Version : Live Streaming F1

mueber
01-02-09, 02:14 PM
Has anyone used this site for live racing? Are they reputable?

Thanks

http://www.watchlivef1.com/

High Sided
01-02-09, 11:05 PM
my tv does me just fine, add a dvr and i'm talkin heaven :tony:

RusH
01-03-09, 02:27 AM
ya ruined it :gomer:. Give Bernie time...it will be gone.

I`ll check out Dakar though, thx.

73B
01-05-09, 10:13 PM
I don't have cable... living off terrestrial HD. One downfall is I don't get TSN's rebroadcast of the ITV feed anymore. The best "workaround" I've found has been this site.

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/auto?kind=live&order=hot&lang=en

Picture quality is not all that great, but it tells me who is in the lead and how the race is going. Plus you have your choice of Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and sometimes even English. ;-)

Will probably watch the same way this year too.

pchall
01-05-09, 10:33 PM
F1 on BBC iPlayer in 2009
19 November 2008 by Keith Collantine

British F1 fans should be able to continue watching Formula 1 online live in 2009 as the BBC has announced that BBC1 and BBC2 will be made available via its iPlayer.

With BBC3 and BBC4 already available via iPlayer it seems certain that, whichever channel BBC uses to show F1 in 2009, an online simulcast version should be available. Viewers should also be able to ’save’ F1 broadcasts via iPlayer to re-watch later.

However the BBC blocks non-UK viewers from being able to access the iPlayer, so its live F1 broadcasts may not be available outside of Britain.

There are still no hard details on whether the BBC will broadcast F1 in high definition (HD) next year.

BBC Vision director Jana Bennett said:

The launch of BBC One and BBC Two online completes our commitment to make our portfolio of channels available to watch on the internet. From 27 November licence fee payers will be able to watch BBC programmes, live, wherever they are in the UK on their computers, mobile phones and other portable devices. Through iPlayer and series stacking, they’ll have the option to catch up with them later.

(More here - sub. req.)

Martin Brundle recently confirmed he will be one of the F1 commentators next year, and he is expected to partner Jonathan Legard.

I've watched F1 on the RTL site's feed and it worked fairly well even on the POS old Mac I had then. Things should be even better these days, but I haven't had the urge to get up early and do it for a few years.

High Sided
01-06-09, 11:22 AM
anyone using this for dakar?

mueber
01-06-09, 01:01 PM
I don't have cable... living off terrestrial HD. One downfall is I don't get TSN's rebroadcast of the ITV feed anymore. The best "workaround" I've found has been this site.

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/auto?kind=live&order=hot&lang=en

Picture quality is not all that great, but it tells me who is in the lead and how the race is going. Plus you have your choice of Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and sometimes even English. ;-)

Will probably watch the same way this year too.

The reason I'm asking is that I just got rid of cable.

I just purchased a house, and SPEED's programing, outside of F-1, is pretty awful. Since SPEED was pretty much the only reason I got cable, and I don't watch it near as much as I did when I first got it 12 years ago, I've decided to save the money on cable to put toward repairs and mortgage payments.

So, I'm looking for an F-1 alternative source.

Insomniac
01-06-09, 02:25 PM

I just purchased a house, and SPEED's programing, outside of F-1, is pretty awful. Since SPEED was pretty much the only reason I got cable before, and I don't watch it near as much as I did when I first got it 12 years ago, I've decided to save the money on cable to put toward repairs and mortgage payments.

I don't know of anything officially sanctioned by FOM for online streaming (it would surely be linked from the F1 web site). You'll likely have to wait until the race weekend to see what the best chances of viewing online are.

An alternative would be to buy a friend a Slingbox to hook up to their cable.

DagoFast
01-07-09, 01:18 AM

I just purchased a house, and SPEED's programing, outside of F-1, is pretty awful. Since SPEED was pretty much the only reason I got cable before, and I don't watch it near as much as I did when I first got it 12 years ago, I've decided to save the money on cable to put toward repairs and mortgage payments.

Just wait and read which FIArarri the stewards award the win to after the race is over like everyone else.

Robstar
01-07-09, 11:47 PM
Or torrents (http://www.racing-underground.com). They are usually up very quickly & really fast download speeds (even in Aus!;))