PDA

View Full Version : CART/ CCIC meeting

TravelGal
12-31-08, 03:52 PM
It's late to post this but I thought I'd do it in case some are in the neighborhood. Anaya, Steve B, and I (and about 40 others!) are going.

Just 12 days from now 40-50 CART/Champ Car fans, volunteers and former employees will gather at the Motorsports Hall of Fame in Novi, Michigan to spend an evening sharing racing stories and experiences. Our special guest will be Billy Kamphausen, former Director of Logistics for Champ Car and the only person on the payroll from the beginning of CART in 1979 to the end of Champ Car in 2008. Billy has lots of stories to tell. And those of us attending this event will have an opportunity to share our own stories and racing plans for the future as well.

In addition to spending time with others who share your racing passion and making some new racing friends, you'll get to experience the Motorsports Hall of Fame. Check it out at http://www.mshf.com/ If you haven't already sent in your reservation think about joining the party.

The Fifth Annual Winter Meeting of Champ Car Fans is Saturday, January 10, at 6PM at the Motorsports Hall of Fame, 43000 Expo Center Drive, Novi, Michigan. The cost for the evening, including both meeting space at the Motorsports Hall of Fame and dinner, is $30 per person. To reserve your spot at this special gathering please send your check for $30 to David Pixley, [I've removed his address for security reasons but if you're interested PM me and I'll send it to you]. Be sure to include either your phone number or your email address (or both) so that we can contact you with further details.

Reservations to attend this event have already been made by people from California, New York, Montana, Ohio, Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Ontario and Michigan.

Many of us who are traveling to this event will stay at the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel, 21111 Haggerty Road in Novi, MI both Friday, January 9 and Saturday, January 10. We have also reserved a room adjacent to the restaurant where we can gather between Noon and 3PM on Saturday, 1/10/09, and order lunch or a drink if we wish to do so. Call 248-349-4000 for reservations. If you tell them you are with CCIC Friends or mention Reservation ID Number CCQ09A you may still be able to get a special rate of $79 per night. Otherwise note that they are now offering a rate of $83 per night for 1/9 & 1/10 on their website.

This notice may be freely circulated and posted anywhere you think there are CART/Champ Car fans who would enjoy being part of this special evening.

Don Quixote
12-31-08, 04:00 PM
Cool. Take good notes so you can share the best war stories. :thumbup:

TravelGal
12-31-08, 04:17 PM
Good heavens, I don't do shorthand. NO ONE can write as fast (or as long) as Billy can talk. LOL! But I'll do my best. :)

patski
12-31-08, 04:31 PM
Wish I could be there.. Have a great time!

Dirk Diggler
01-06-09, 11:58 AM
NO ONE can write as fast (or as long) as Billy can talk.

What will be interesting is how they get him to stand in one place while he talks. Billy is a top notch guy. Too far away, or I'd be there.

Aside from being one of the most switched on guys in the paddock, he had a stylish way of knocking reporters and photographers off of the pit wall The backs of the knees seemed to be his favorite.:thumbup::laugh: