PDA

View Full Version : Daughters and boyfriends

rocket
12-30-08, 10:12 PM
Over the last 8 months Brit has had 3 boys that wanted her to be their "girlfriend".
I insist on meeting each potential boyfriend, and within a week any boys I meet just want to be friends with her.

I don't get it.

SurfaceUnits
12-30-08, 10:35 PM
a good father is an obstacle to any miscreant's plans

Methanolandbrats
12-30-08, 11:07 PM
Over the last 8 months Brit has had 3 boys that wanted her to be their "girlfriend".
I insist on meeting each potential boyfriend, and within a week any boys I meet just want to be friends with her.

I don't get it. Get this, it means you're doing a good job raising your daughter. :thumbup:

indyfan31
12-31-08, 12:32 AM
Were you holding any firearms when you met them?;)

stroker
12-31-08, 10:15 AM
Were you holding any firearms when you met them?;)

What's the point of a coach gun, otherwise?

:D

Gnam
12-31-08, 12:59 PM
Not to freak you out...but there could be another explanation. ;)

I say terminate them on sight. You can't be too careful.

FTG
12-31-08, 01:01 PM
Maybe the guys learned she's terrible in bed.:D:p

SteveH
12-31-08, 01:43 PM
Obviously FTG :eek: has not met Rocket. :D

devilmaster
12-31-08, 02:45 PM

Where's the photo of the boys standing on the Sargento cheese truck bridge at RA? :D

[edit]found it! So one of the guys on the bridge is rocket.... ;)

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7640/aut08410ox.jpg

TravelGal
12-31-08, 03:28 PM

That might have been the loudest I've laughed all year. Which is saying something since it's New Year's Eve. Good one SteveH.

Oh and Rocket, yes, keep meeting them "boyfriends."

oddlycalm
12-31-08, 03:43 PM
:D:thumbup:

oc

G.
12-31-08, 04:20 PM
Rocket, be careful. At some point Brit's gonna rebel/resent that stuff. That's when you need to worry.

Also, be VERY concerned with the suitor that has absolutely NO problem shooting the **** with you, will actively seek a conversation out with you, and looks very non-threatening.

Not that I know anyone like that...

I think that poster FTG and rocket need to meet. Someone needs to videotape the encounter.

You know, for evidence.

FTG
12-31-08, 04:53 PM
When I was a horny 16 year old I could outrun that guy. Hell, if he were 50 yards away I could've started having sex, finished, gotten dressed and still out run that guy.

Of course, it depends how old she is. 17: fair game. 16 debatable, 15: shotguns are acceptable.

FTG
12-31-08, 04:55 PM
Also, be VERY concerned with the suitor that has absolutely NO problem shooting the **** with you, will actively seek a conversation out with you, and looks very non-threatening.

That was my shtick. :thumbup: Worked even better on the Moms.

rocket
12-31-08, 06:50 PM
When I was a horny 16 year old I could outrun that guy. Hell, if he were 50 yards away I could've started having sex, finished, gotten dressed and still out run that guy.

Of course, it depends how old she is. 17: fair game. 16 debatable, 15: shotguns are acceptable.

Well my girl is 15, I don't have a shotgun, but I do have a .44 which I am able to handle better than most, you know what they say, you can run but you can't hide:D

Basically comes down to this...the sex will happen sooner or later, believe it or not I can accept that and I think she will play it safe (if you know what I mean) we do have a very open line of communication.
What is unacceptable is she says no, he says yes and belts her. If that happens, don't bother running, just pray for mercy and hope for a quick finish.

rocket
12-31-08, 06:53 PM
Rocket, be careful. At some point Brit's gonna rebel/resent that stuff. That's when you need to worry.

Not that I know anyone like that...

I think that poster FTG and rocket need to meet. Someone needs to videotape the encounter.

You know, for evidence.

You know those secret service guys that follow the President around?

Their slackers as far as I'm concerned:D

Andrew Longman
12-31-08, 09:50 PM
I don't worry about my daughter. She is pretty, supremely self confident, a natural leader, shares my football center mentality, and will kick the ass of any boy who offends her.

In fact last week she "lockered" a boy at least 50# more than her who has been hassling/stalking her at school. Took his wind out and shut him up.

I guess I've taught her some football blocking techniques too. Uses her legs and hands well to lift and drive. ;)

Good thing. I'm not really into guns

anait
12-31-08, 11:03 PM
Teen'anait has had a friend/boyfriend for just over a year. Nice kid. Nervous as all get out around mr anait, who is close to rocket's size, but not quite as tall. :D However - our daughter has made it quite clear to him that while mr anait is indeed a protective dad, who won't brook any fools..."Mom's the one you really need to be afraid of." :)

emjaya
01-01-09, 12:29 AM
Does your daughter have the problem or is this you?

Methanolandbrats
01-01-09, 01:44 AM
I guess I've taught her some football blocking techniques too. Uses her legs and hands well to lift and drive. ;)

If she comes home with grass stains on her knees and hands you'll think she was playing football :rofl:

dando
01-01-09, 02:08 AM
Gee, only ~10 years to go. Better start stashing my ammo now. ;)

-Kevin

coolhand
01-01-09, 03:41 AM
:rofl:

Threads like this is why I keep showing up here. :thumbup:

Cam
01-01-09, 07:59 AM
It all started going downhill when rocket started bringing her to the races with the OC crowd. :D ;)

rocket
01-01-09, 11:54 AM
Does your daughter have the problem or is this you?

Not sure I understand that. She definatley does not have a problem, like Andrews daughter, she is very confident, and more often than not is probably in control of most situations, she really knows what she wants out of life more so than I ever did at her age.

As for me, as long as there is no disrespect or violence towards her...my biggest problem is she is my only child and has been my main focus since the divorce, I think that has strengthened my relationship with her. It kills me seeing her grow up, but at the same time I enjoy seeing her go through the different experiences.

It's funny this whole thing started as more of what I saw as a lighthearted observance...I guess I should have tossed a :D in there somewhere.

RHR_Fan
01-01-09, 03:21 PM
It all started going downhill when rocket started bringing her to the races with the OC crowd. :D ;)

I hung around the OC crowd at races and look how I turned out. :)

dando
01-01-09, 03:39 PM

Yeah, and you're still hanging out around here. Do your folks know where you are right now? ;)

-Kevin

emjaya
01-01-09, 05:20 PM
Not sure I understand that. She definatley does not have a problem, like Andrews daughter, she is very confident, and more often than not is probably in control of most situations, she really knows what she wants out of life more so than I ever did at her age.

As for me, as long as there is no disrespect or violence towards her...my biggest problem is she is my only child and has been my main focus since the divorce, I think that has strengthened my relationship with her. It kills me seeing her grow up, but at the same time I enjoy seeing her go through the different experiences.

It's funny this whole thing started as more of what I saw as a lighthearted observance...I guess I should have tossed a :D in there somewhere.

So she did not come to you and say "I'm having man troubles", this is just you as a concerned father. Got it. :)

Cam
01-01-09, 05:56 PM

I rest my case. :D

oddlycalm
01-01-09, 06:22 PM
Yup, fear of getting squashed like a bug is healthy for potential boyfriends. :thumbup:

The father of one of my childhood friends who had two sisters really enjoyed working over their dates. He was a rather large lawyer with an impressive command of language who spoke slowly and precisely. I recall one poor schlub in particular that had driven past the house a couple times before finally stopping. My friend's father asked him if he got turned around often then offered to have the boys (us) build a signal fire and put out flares so he could find his way back. :laugh: Good thing my friend's sisters shared the amusement...

oc

Dave99
01-02-09, 02:06 AM
I'm sure Rocket is: A) a good father and B) doing a good job raising his daughter but have you seen this man? :eek: He doesn't need firearms.

I met him at one of the Vegas races and I just wanted to be friends. I can only imagine how a high school kid would feel. :D