http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE4BF1ZD20081216

Damn. :eek:

Don Quixote
12-16-08, 01:51 PM
Sucks. :(

Andrew Longman
12-16-08, 02:46 PM
Crap.:irked:

But it looks like Prodrive will still be delivering a lot of customer cars which means someone is figuring out how to race without manufacturer money. Is this the future of motorsport?

Elmo T
12-16-08, 02:48 PM
Is this the future of motorsport?

What is the future of motorsport might be the better question. :(

For the manufacturers, I'd guess the money being spent is easier to quantify than the perceived or actual gains.

nissan gtp
12-16-08, 06:54 PM
bummer.

The year the Speed carried WRC was great. Another motorsport in decline, being helped into failure by the idiots that run the FIA.

opinionated ow
12-16-08, 07:32 PM
bummer.

The year the Speed carried WRC was great. Another motorsport in decline, being helped into failure by the idiots that run the FIA.
S2000/N4 Regulations will save rallying. It is a pity they're not in for yet another season.

cameraman
12-16-08, 08:31 PM
It is getting to the point where there is no reason to care about any form of racing.:shakehead

STD
12-16-08, 11:22 PM
S2000/N4 Regulations will save rallying. It is a pity they're not in for yet another season.

Was a time not long ago that the WRC didn't need saving. Now it's down to two manufacturers for 2009. Not too many are thrilled with the S2000 formula for 2010.
Culled in a way just like Group C in another time and place.

What a collective waste.

Sean Malone
12-16-08, 11:29 PM
I admit to having watched only about a dozen WRC races in my life (back when Speed was showing them) and I did enjoy them more than I thought I would. But even being a WRC newb, Subaru = rally racing and vice versa. Rally racing defined Subaru. Everytime I see a Impreza WRX on the street I get a picture in my head of four wheels off the ground... in the snow with giant evergreen trees just feet from the track.

Tough time to be a race fan.

G.
12-16-08, 11:53 PM
Rally kicks ass.

Have they ****ed up MotoGP yet?

That's all that's left it seems.

Methanolandbrats
12-17-08, 12:01 AM
We really are entering a black time for racing. This is gonna be a lot worse than when CanAm died or when IMSA GTP went belly up. :( Racing has always been cyclical, but I wonder if it will ever come out of this.

opinionated ow
12-17-08, 02:30 AM
Rally kicks ass.

Control tyres...they have

Gnam
12-17-08, 01:10 PM
Rally kicks ass.

Is the NHRA in a similar situation? If they're all that's left, maybe FTG could license them for the Indy 500. :tony:

oddlycalm
12-17-08, 07:58 PM
Yeah, it's going to a be a tough few years, and not just for racing. :( Some of the people and companies that raced aren't going to be returning to the track. Ever.

oc