PDA

View Full Version : ICS At Barber?

NismoZ
12-08-08, 12:37 PM
Not a new rumor but the Birmingham News is saying there will be a full field test there in March (20-22) which leads me to believe they'll try for an event in '010? Testing also the "local reaction", mention is of course made of Danica and Helio.:irked: Hey, only $35 for all 3 days and about a 12 hr drive? I think I'll have to pass!:)

pchall
12-08-08, 12:43 PM
Barber would be great for them. Another venue where they won't draw flies.

NismoZ
12-08-08, 12:54 PM
I was kind of thinking flies might be the ONLY ones there. Drivers will like it but I don't think :tony: and his band of brilliant advisors will.

extramundane
12-08-08, 01:21 PM
I recommend a late July-early August date- perfect north Alabama weather for watching a crapfest. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
12-08-08, 01:55 PM
Clearly this test is an important step designed to excite and grow the southeastern open wheel fan base. :thumbup:

pchall
12-08-08, 04:06 PM
I recommend a late July-early August date- perfect north Alabama weather for watching a crapfest. :thumbup:

I went to a good friend's wedding in Huntington at the end of June one year. Not a good time for formal dress at outdoor receptions.

NismoZ
12-09-08, 11:09 PM
We were there at the end of July this year. It was 95-100 each day but...we got to run the air conditioners at full blast!:thumbup::D

FCYTravis
12-10-08, 04:12 PM
They'd have to double-header with Grand-Am, because every year we visited Barber on the last weekend in July.

:shakehead

Wet Hot Alabamian Summer. Yuk.