PDA

View Full Version : All Is Right PT II

DaveL
05-25-03, 05:33 PM
A Brazilian sweep of the podium including three of the very same guys were the "nameless faceless Brazilians" who the Lemmings said were kind of the driver that kept getting rides at the expense of deserving Americans.

Oh, and good thing the IRL was created so that Penske could have the Opportunity to dominate the race and finish 1-2. He was the Little Guy the IRL was made for.

pchall
05-25-03, 06:07 PM
It is now so easy to rub Tony's nose in the crap he has made that it is no longer fun.

DaveL
05-25-03, 06:49 PM
Good thing the IRL was created so Buddy Lazier and Ron Hemelgarn can return to the inconsequential backmarker status they had before the split.

racermike
05-25-03, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
A Brazilian sweep of the podium including three of the very same guys were the "nameless faceless Brazilians" who the Lemmings said were kind of the driver that kept getting rides at the expense of deserving Americans.

Oh, and good thing the IRL was created so that Penske could have the Opportunity to dominate the race and finish 1-2. He was the Little Guy the IRL was made for.

and the part that makes me the most angry, is EVERY SINGLE LEMMING denies up and down ever having said ANYTHING bad about the Brazilians.

Remember, if its BAD for CART, its GOOD for the IRL

Walter Zoomie
05-25-03, 10:21 PM
Who cares? It was a great race. Too bad you couldn't enjoy it. The Peanut Shell of Doom works every time, BTW.
http://www.fotoclipart.com/photos/thumbnails/crow1.jpg

RaceGrrl
05-25-03, 10:52 PM
It was a meaningless race. Get a clue, Zoomie.

Eagle104
05-25-03, 10:53 PM
I don't know, Zoomie. I can't say it was a great race..too 'momemtum, imo -- but, considering, it was a pretty good race.

If it wasn't for AJ4, aka The Moving Chicane, Helio would have probably won his third. And the thought still makes me shudder.

Chief
05-25-03, 11:31 PM
The race was a turd. All the other Indy 500's before 1996 blew it away. Now, the Indy 500 has no soul.

cartmanoz
05-26-03, 03:20 AM
The Vision is now complete:

Gil de Ferran - BRAZILIAN/JAPANESE MOTOR
Helio Castroneves - BRAZILIAN/JAPANESE MOTOR
Tony Kanaan - BRAZILIAN/JAPANESE MOTOR
Tomas Scheckter - SOUTH AFRICAN/JAPANESE MOTOR
Tora Takagi - JAPANESE/JAPANESE MOTOR

Yep, I bet Tony George is smiling now all those dang furriners are winning it again.

Napoleon
05-26-03, 08:43 AM
I thought it was a boring race. Thank God I watched it on tape and managed to scan through most of it.

Warlock!
05-26-03, 09:46 AM
I didn't think it was too bad. 4 or 5 cars on the lead lap after 500 miles? (yeah, I know a lot of yellows contributed to that) But Mikey broke like normal :D and the usual suspects were in front (thank God it was Gil instead of Monkeyboy).

I can watch the flat tracks like Indy, Homestead and Phoenix with a bit of interest. However, when I hear Jenkie goin' on and on about the 'side-by-side racin' at Texas, Chicagoland, etc., I wanna fuggin' puke.

I also hafta stress that to me, Indy has little more appeal than Homestead or Phoenix. Hats off to TG for making that the case.

Warlock!

cart7
05-26-03, 02:45 PM
I found it interesting that even Paul Page found it necessary to announce that the top three were Brazilizns, a frenchman and then a Japanese fellow. Only Barron, in sixth, got Americans at the top of the chart and he said Alex was from "Southern California", like thats some far off country. :laugh: Yep, no Hoosiers finished the great race AGAIN. :gomer:

Eagle104
05-26-03, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by cart7
I found it interesting that even Paul Page found it necessary to announce that the top three were Brazilizns, a frenchman and then a Japanese fellow. Only Barron, in sixth, got Americans at the top of the chart and he said Alex was from "Southern California", like thats some far off country. :laugh: Yep, no Hoosiers finished the great race AGAIN. :gomer:
Hey! Slow down there, c'7! I'm sure that, as I type this, there's a smoke-filled room in the Vigoda where the Vision is getting tweaked on -- AGAIN.:gomer:

Just be patient. :laugh:

cart7
05-26-03, 04:03 PM
:D

RaceChic
05-26-03, 06:48 PM
As I sat inthe darn stands, my vision quite obscured by the light reflecting off empty patches of silver in the grandstands, my stomache was churning. All I heard around me were lemmings cheering on the top three finishers which were cut down by them when they were in the CART series. In fact, the majority of the apparel I saw people wearing were all pertaining to the previous CART drivers.
However as I paraded around in my CART stuff quite proudly, I was approached by people all over the place talking in open disgust about the state of the Indy500 as well as open disdain for the IRL and Tony George. A man was there wearing a self-made shirt saying "CART #1". A fair amount of people were wearing PT shirts also. I was in the infield looking at a Crapwagon on display and was pleased to see a man standing there with a disgusted look on his face. We started talking. It was good to meet folks in agreement with us. :D

cart7
05-26-03, 06:54 PM
originally posted by racechic
All I heard around me were lemmings cheering on the top three finishers which were cut down by them when they were in the CART series. In fact, the majority of the apparel I saw people wearing were all pertaining to the previous CART drivers.
Funny how just a few years ago, these same lemmings were cheering on the likes of Dan Drinan, Racin Gardner and Johnny O'connell. Some of these folks are so infatuated with the Hulmans and the speedway they'd cheer circus clowns in go-karts.

Kate
05-26-03, 07:33 PM
All right, who leaked the new edition of The Vision? :confused:

You just can't trust anybody these days ... :D

RaceGrrl
05-26-03, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cart7
Some of these folks are so infatuated with the Hulmans and the speedway they'd cheer circus clowns in go-karts.

I didn't think Kneifel was driving anymore. :p

Railbird
05-26-03, 08:36 PM
It was a good race, I've seen better and I've seen worse.

To me it was a hell of a lot more interesting than that draft fest in Germany a few weeks back.

mapguy
05-26-03, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
It was a good race, I've seen better and I've seen worse.

To me it was a hell of a lot more interesting than that draft fest in Germany a few weeks back.

Looks like 'bird went to the flag room and someone plunked a 'roofie' into his brewski. :D ;)

jk bird.

Cam
05-26-03, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Looks like 'bird went to the flag room and someone plunked a 'roofie' into his brewski. :D ;)

jk bird.

Mappy!!!! You owe me a new laptop!!! I just spurt beer outta my nose all over it!!!! :D

pchall
05-26-03, 10:10 PM
Some people will accept anything and call it racin'.

I feel sorry for them.

RaceGrrl
05-26-03, 10:16 PM
It's substandard racing in a substandard series: the ARCA of openwheel.

Warlock!
05-26-03, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Some people will accept anything and call it racin'
You obviously share 'bird's sentiments about Germany, then...

Warlock!