PDA

View Full Version : 2013 The End.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Wheel-Nut
08-29-13, 04:45 PM
IndyCar could become a public company and sell stock in said company.

Gnam
08-29-13, 05:52 PM
IndyCar could become a public company and sell stock in said company.
It would be fun to do a hostile takeover, gut the business, sell anything of value, and burn the rest of it down.
Or, just sit back and watch the market destroy it. Either way. :cool:

Duroc
08-29-13, 08:33 PM
They'll screw this one up (as per SOP), then what?

Wait for Mari to die, liquidate.

SurfaceUnits
08-29-13, 09:01 PM
Sell out to NASCAR, run on Thursday nights & Friday afternoons

DagoFast
08-30-13, 12:13 AM
Sell out to NASCAR, run on Thursday nights & Friday afternoons

That is really the only option besides just shutting it down. And the Daytona mafia might just force them to shut it down. Just to rub salt in their wounds and of course to get it for a few less pennies on the dollar in BK court. I bet they bring the right currency.

SurfaceUnits
09-02-13, 07:01 PM
Brasil promoter pulling out

http://www.grandepremio.com.br/indy/noticias/sem-dinheiro-da-tv-bandeirantes-etapa-brasileira-da-indy-disputada-no-anhembi-de-2014-deve-ser-cancelada

The spending restraint that the Grupo Bandeirantes has done in recent months is not restricted only to the Morumbi station walls. Amid layoffs and closure of areas, the direction of the Band already advised to whom he has no money to carry out the SP Indy 300 from 2014, which was scheduled for the first week of May. The Grand Prix found that the TV already gives the event as cancelled.

Future of Baltimore IndyCar race remains uncertain
http://racing.ap.org/article/future-baltimore-indycar-race-remains-uncertain

TravelGal
09-02-13, 08:55 PM
Brasil promoter pulling out

http://www.grandepremio.com.br/indy/noticias/sem-dinheiro-da-tv-bandeirantes-etapa-brasileira-da-indy-disputada-no-anhembi-de-2014-deve-ser-cancelada

The spending restraint that the Grupo Bandeirantes has done in recent months is not restricted only to the Morumbi station walls. Amid layoffs and closure of areas, the direction of the Band already advised to whom he has no money to carry out the SP Indy 300 from 2014, which was scheduled for the first week of May. The Grand Prix found that the TV already gives the event as cancelled.

Those darn Olympic Games. They are just killing Indy Car (cf: Vancouver). :tony:

SurfaceUnits
09-03-13, 02:33 PM
Mark Miles clarifies IMS road course stance - Racer.com
“We only had a few thousand people on [Indianapolis 500] opening day this year and we keep doing the same things and it's not working.”

Miles is a liar. Hooter Morgan counted 50,000 on opening day.

"For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (car wax salesman)

Gnam
09-03-13, 02:44 PM
Is that Tony George quote recent? Did he get hit in the head?

SurfaceUnits
09-03-13, 02:46 PM
Is that Tony George quote recent? Did he get hit in the head?

When ginandtonic mommie gave him the keys in '92 or so. Probably but could be genetic too.

SurfaceUnits
09-03-13, 05:09 PM
LIek TOney's first marketing director tolled him, the IRL might be a product that can't be marketed

Some have complained the wheels have turned too slowly with Miles in charge, mainly regarding the hiring of a new president of IndyCar’s commercial division. Miles has interviewed numerous candidates for the crucial job, which includes finding sponsors and other corporate partners for the series and its teams and has been turned down by at least one candidate. He says the search is ongoing.

SurfaceUnits
09-07-13, 02:30 AM
Big money flying around Izodcarz these daze

race winner Pagenaud earned $35,000 for his victory at Baltimore

TKGAngel
09-07-13, 02:33 PM
Big money flying around Izodcarz these daze

race winner Pagenaud earned $35,000 for his victory at Baltimore

And Dixon was fined $30k for his post-race comments about the officiating. He can lower the amount through additional PR appearances for the series.

SurfaceUnits
09-07-13, 04:05 PM
OK,,,,,who did this....

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5899/m21copyzs1.jpg

SurfaceUnits
09-07-13, 04:08 PM
and this one,,,,,

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4683/4efaig1.jpg

SurfaceUnits
09-07-13, 06:02 PM
Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 5m
JD Gibbs says someone from Kaanan's camp initiated a call, asked if TK could come by shop.

JD said if all Kanaan had to bring was his helmet and his personality "then I'd still be driving."

SurfaceUnits
09-07-13, 09:32 PM
JD closes Kanaan subject by saying "it would be a real, real long shot" to do anything with him.

SurfaceUnits
09-10-13, 10:48 PM
08/12/13 RACER has learned discussions between Andretti Sports Marketing, which promotes the Milwaukee Mile oval event and the Baltimore street race, continue to take shape with the city of Ft. Lauderdale.

“We're enthusiastic about the market, and with the constituents we've spoken to, including the city, the IndyCar Series, the drivers, and officials in Broward County, there continues to be a lot of support for the event,” said ASM's John Lopes. “Whether the event occurs or not really comes down to packaging the finances which all sides are currently working on. We've had some recent meetings with all sides and continue to build commercial support to make the race happen.”

08/30/13
The Ft. Lauderdale race is pretty much dead according to sources. From what we hear IndyCar got greedy and wanted too much for the sanctioning fee and were told to go pound sand. OK, maybe those words were not used, but you get the idea how it went down.

A request for $20 million in county tourist taxes for a Grand Prix at Fort Lauderdale beach was flatly rejected Tuesday by an otherwise enthusiastic Broward County Commission.

The idea of a new signature event during a dry tourism period, and one that would advertise Broward County nationally and internationally, sounds great, commissioners said. But not at that cost.

SurfaceUnits
09-10-13, 11:54 PM
What happened to F1 hot shoe Woobens

Chief
09-11-13, 11:43 AM
Senility must be sinking in...who the H E Doublehockeysticks is J D Gibbs? Is this J D McDuffie's spawn?

A Brazilian IRL dingleberry with a hand-me-down tainted Indy 500 victory is being belittled by some second generation NASCAR never-ran wanker who flunked out of William and Mary and whose daddy has $$$?

I'm a J D Gibbs fan, now. :rofl:

Mary
09-11-13, 12:58 PM
When ginandtonic mommie gave him the keys in '92 or so. Probably but could be genetic too.

Gin & tonic is a perfectly good drink, don't diss it; back in the day I used drink it on occasion. I don't remember the last time I had gin. Maybe a New Year's Eve party in Times Square apartment 8-10 years ago? Hadn't had it since I lived in CLE before that. At some point, vodka seemed to replace gin. It would be tasteless with tonic water, IMO. All the gin & tonic on earth would not have made me ruin AOW, though.

Mary

SurfaceUnits
09-14-13, 08:59 PM
Caca safe Abreu and wins first pole position in the 2013 season of the Stock Car. Barrichello is 19th

SurfaceUnits
09-14-13, 09:01 PM
Montoya rule out return to Indy by Andretti and should continue in NASCAR, says magazine

According to the American magazine 'Racer', the pilot ended negotiations with Michael Andretti's team, as plans to continue racing with touring cars. The best option is to place in the Furniture Row

Juan Pablo Montoya will not return to Indy, is what says the American magazine 'Racer'. According to the publication, the Colombian team Andretti reported this week that will not join them in 2014. The pilot was in advanced negotiations with the racing team and sponsorship sought to close the deal.

SurfaceUnits
09-15-13, 03:39 AM
HOPe you NANcyBoys are happy

ALl you got now is a have dead strret parade series. NO Stars and no cars. hahahahah No TOYota and NO HONda. NO PEnske and No GOndasie. No AJ and no EDdy. NO, we got all them, you aints hahahaha. NO nothing is all you got. I Was sure glad TOney made you guys sweat. HE coud just have let you died but insted he wnated two make sure you sufferd some befor the ORWS pulls the plug after they fined out its nothing but nothing. hahahahahaha SUre was fun watching you NANcyBoys get all riled up bout TONEy hahahahahaha HE had you twtiching liek a blind faggit at a weenie roast hahahahahahahaha

SO drink you wine and eat your cheeses. BUT next MAy, Ill be at INdy and you wont hahahahahahahahaha

JOkes on you

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?3201-HOPe-you-NANcyBoys-are-happy&highlight=brazillian

SurfaceUnits
09-16-13, 02:32 AM
09/06/13 It's clear the size of IndyCar's die-hard fan base is just around 250,000 - because only the die-hards will tune in to the pre and post race shows in similar numbers as the race itself - as shown below. And only the die-hards will find the race on the obscure NBC Sports Network. We wonder if this was Tony George's "vision" when he created the IRL, split the sport and killed it.

SurfaceUnits
09-23-13, 12:06 PM
NASCAR official overheard saying the IRL won't be hear in a couple of years

Gnam
09-23-13, 12:26 PM
moar please. :confused:

gerhard911
09-23-13, 12:33 PM

Wait, they going deaf in addition to failing?

SurfaceUnits
09-23-13, 02:42 PM
moar please. :confused:

I think it was in a tweet I read over the weekend

indyfan31
09-23-13, 07:54 PM
Wait, they going deaf in addition to failing?
:D

SurfaceUnits
09-24-13, 08:03 PM
When I was at the Chicagoland NASCAR race this past weekend, word was already going around that NAPA was leaving MWR. When I mentioned that would be a good title sponsor for the IndyFarce Series, a NASCAR PR guy told me "that series is not going to be here in a couple of years."

SurfaceUnits
09-25-13, 03:32 PM
$1 Million tops for a IRL title spanser. That's some serious activation.

SurfaceUnits
09-26-13, 05:53 PM
GoDaddy be GOne-Daddy

GoDaddy will not return to IndyCar as a primary sponsor
James Hinchliffe could be without a sponsor

“I can’t speak for them as a company, but times have changed a little bit for them; they’re a company that relies heavily on television and they measure their return on investment based on TV,” which the IRl ain't got

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130925/INDYCAR/130929892

SurfaceUnits
09-26-13, 06:01 PM
Which type of racing has brought you the most excitement thus far during this season?

It's been pretty dull honestly 14.9%
Indycar 13.3%

Gnam
09-26-13, 07:27 PM
I hope the USCR teams pick up these sponsors and drivers.

Mary
09-27-13, 07:02 AM

A couple of years? Why will it take so long?

Mary

SurfaceUnits
09-27-13, 03:37 PM
A couple of years? Why will it take so long?

Mary

2016 is the hunedreth 5 hunnerd That is all that is left of a once grate sport

manic mechanic
09-28-13, 12:51 AM
Izod officially done as well, it seems.

http://www.sbnation.com/indycar/2013/9/27/4778858/izod-leaving-indycar-as-title-sponsor-after-2013-season

Gotta love it! :D

My only regret is that it took the gomers 5 years more time to figure out that their horse was lame by genetics...

Wow... Only 5 years; Maybe we aren't as "advanced" as we think/thought we were... :rofl:

With respect to all my compatriots and comrades in arms,

manic

SurfaceUnits
09-28-13, 01:45 PM
In 2012, Michael ******* replaced IndyCar supporter Allen Sirkin as chief operating officer at PVH, and ordered a pullback in promotions related to the title sponsorship.

Last year, PVH pulled the plug on most of its IndyCar Series-related TV ads and other promotions, including its Indy 500 kick-off party Izod hosted with GQ magazine in 2010 and Spin magazine in 2011.

The quest to replace Izod as title sponsor was dealt a blow in June when the series' point man in negotiating such deals, Greg Gruning, resigned.

SurfaceUnits
09-28-13, 02:49 PM
IndyCar Series monitoring Brazil situation, working on alternatives

Reports surrounding the likely cancellation of the Sao Paulo Indy 300 street race continue to filter north from Brazil, and while RACER has confirmed the event has yet to be canceled, “Where there's smoke, there's fire,” said one series official with knowledge of the situation.

The Sao Paulo street race, which made its debut in 2010 around the Anhembi park and exhibition center, has been the subject of numerous questions regarding its continuation on the IndyCar calendar.

Everything from a possible construction project interfering with the 2014 date to the race's Brazilian promoter (and TV broadcaster) Bandeirantes wanting to abandon the event to save money has been mentioned as reasons for shuttering IndyCar's lone flyaway race, and with the series close to finalizing its schedule for next year, resolving the Sao Paulo situation has become a high priority.

'temporariness"(sic getting kicked out of venue after venue) is what makes IndyCar special.

SurfaceUnits
10-04-13, 05:42 PM
GOnadsi dumps fHonda. Andretti 3rd wheel at chevy now

SurfaceUnits
10-09-13, 12:51 PM
AR1 has given up on jounalistic integrity ,,,start the music for the closing scene

AR1's slanderous and foolish comments should stop!

Postby EagleEye » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:07 pm
The anti-Dallara and Canopy saving Wheldon comments are both rubish.

I am not against adding canapy’s, far from it in fact. But, the roll hoop was ripped off Dan’s car. I’ll say it again so slow, just in case MarkC reads this….”THE ROLL HOOP WAS RIPPED OFF DAN’S CAR!!!!!”

The roll hoop on the lest generation Dallara was subject to a static load test of 25kN latterally, 50kN longitudinally and 70kN vertically. And, it was ripped off the car! There is not a canopy available in any form of car, and or aircraft that would have survived the impact with the pole. None. Zero. Zip. To continue to imply that some how, a "magic canapoy" would have saved Dan, is an insult to those that knew him.

His legacy should be there to improve the catch fence, poles, and keep the cars from leaving the ground. A canopy could have helped save Surtees life, and prevented injuries to Massa. But it is foolish and incorrect to say that Dan would be alive if there had been a canopy in place. Adding one could help with SOME injuries, but not to the extent we saw in Vegas.

And it is absolutely slanderous to say Dallara added the bumpers so “they could charge teams more money”. That was an attempt to prevent cars from getting airborne, which is sure to be re-evaluated as there have still been too many cars getting airborne. There are things that could be correct on the Dallara, and I have no issue with that being discussed but adding slanderous comments is quite poor.

It seems pretty obvious that AR1 has given up on jounalistic integrity.

Yep, the last pillar of opened wheeled racoing has crumbled

SurfaceUnits
10-09-13, 03:12 PM
Jenna getting hammered by gomers because #Indycar is not #DerrickWalker's 1st priority

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 2h

@zoeyspapa @gordo319 thinks I'm making something out of nothing. So I'm not even going to bother anymore.

#indycar news: Derrick Walker will be at #petitlemans for his @FalkenALMS responsibilities on Oct. 19. Will miss Fontana race.

Chief
10-09-13, 04:13 PM
Word on the strret Houston averaged 164K viewers for the HUGE doubleheader last weekend. Yes, 0.09 is very little of WGAF. :p

2013 was supposed to be profit or die. GoDaddy and Izod is missing out on these great ratings which an ohval disciple once declared as "not important". Can't believe they left...:rofl:

Elmo T
10-09-13, 05:07 PM
Yea - but what were the ratings post Dario's trip to the grater? :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
10-14-13, 11:33 PM
Honda wants IndyCar officials to find new engine suppliers
October 14, 2013

Honda wants at least one more engine manufacturer in the IndyCar Series. And you can be that series officials will try to comply with the Japanese auto maker’s desire.

After Lotus pulled out following last season, Honda and Chevrolet became the only engine makers left in the open-wheel series.

Supplying engines for half the IndyCar field is more than Honda officials bargained for. Series officials limit the amount Honda and Chevy can charge for an engine lease at $695,000. Honda and Chevy officials say that’s well below what they spend to design, develop and make the race engines.

“When you’ve got seven or eight cars and you’re subsidizing them, that’s one thing. But when you’ve got 12 or 13 or 14 and you’re subsidizing them, that’s completely different, and it’s hard for all of us to continue to maintain that level of subsidy,” Honda Performance Development technical director Roger Griffiths told Autosport.

SurfaceUnits
10-15-13, 12:03 AM
In terms of Twitter followers, NASCAR is king, with more than 1.1 million as of Tuesday morning. Formula One’s official Twitter account has a tick under 538,000. The IndyCar Series has just short of 92,000.

On Facebook, IndyCar has almost 148,000 likes, compared to NASCAR’s 3.4 million-plus.

Indycar 6.51% relative valuation rate to NASCAR

stroker
10-15-13, 09:34 AM
October 14, 2013

Honda wants at least one more engine manufacturer in the IndyCar Series. And you can be that series officials will try to comply with the Japanese auto maker’s desire.

After Lotus pulled out following last season, Honda and Chevrolet became the only engine makers left in the open-wheel series.

Supplying engines for half the IndyCar field is more than Honda officials bargained for. Series officials limit the amount Honda and Chevy can charge for an engine lease at $695,000. Honda and Chevy officials say that’s well below what they spend to design, develop and make the race engines.

“When you’ve got seven or eight cars and you’re subsidizing them, that’s one thing. But when you’ve got 12 or 13 or 14 and you’re subsidizing them, that’s completely different, and it’s hard for all of us to continue to maintain that level of subsidy,” Honda Performance Development technical director Roger Griffiths told Autosport.

So I guess the next question is how long Honda stays if they DON'T find another sucker? 2014? Or not? And who would be stupid enough to sign on to be another supplier? Seriously, I'm not coming up with anyone...

Chief
10-15-13, 09:45 AM
Kia...LOL

Elmo T
10-15-13, 02:44 PM
What can IndyCar do to gain some "stree creed?" [sic] (http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/indycar-s-street-cred/)

This all sounds so familiar. Like something we had under that old series?

IndyCar really is the most diverse series in the world with its ovals, street courses, and road courses. This IS the point that IndyCar needs to hang its pork pie hat on.

An engaged title sponsor for the series, relentless selling by the yet-to-be-hired commercial director for IndyCar, and creative marketing by the series and race promoters are first steps to show television and sponsors that the series is a viable platform for investment. If more street cred means more street races, I say bring on Providence, Rhode Island in two years.

ZZZzzzzzzzz

stroker
10-15-13, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Elmo T;321979]What can IndyCar do to gain some "stree creed?" [sic] (http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/indycar-s-street-cred/)

What a load of crap. I was tempted to post a response asking what engines they'd be using after Honda bailed out but figured it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Don Quixote
10-15-13, 03:53 PM
ZZZzzzzzzzzThis * 1,000,000,000

Chief
10-15-13, 04:44 PM
To think, 18 years have passed to arrive at this point. I hope someone thinks it's worth it....:thumbdown:

SurfaceUnits
10-15-13, 05:27 PM
This * 1,000,000,000
needs more Shiggy - after he spun the car 18 times in 7 races, he had his CART competition license revoked

You couldn't get more engaged than Mike Kelley was from IZdo,,,,,,for the first 6 months anyways

SurfaceUnits
10-16-13, 03:28 AM
I hope someone thinks it's worth it....:thumbdown:

ORECA's plans to produce an IndyCar bodykit are on the back-burner, according to de Chaunac.

"It is on the list, but it is not near the top of the list," he said.

SurfaceUnits
10-17-13, 12:50 PM
October 14, 2013

having exceeded their five engine limit prior to this weekend, Honda now goes into Fontana trying to win the manufacturers' crown with seven of its cars ineligible for points.

SurfaceUnits
10-17-13, 01:26 PM
More great marketing skills in play by the league
What, exactly, is the point of NBCSN doing a special to reveal the 2014 IndyCar schedule if it is already revealed all over creation?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/indycar/2013/10/16/milwaukee-indycar-schedule-2014/2994571/

Wheel-Nut
10-17-13, 01:53 PM
More great marketing skills in play by the league
What, exactly, is the point of NBCSN doing a special to reveal the 2014 IndyCar schedule if it is already revealed all over creation?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/indycar/2013/10/16/milwaukee-indycar-schedule-2014/2994571/

JUNE in Houston is hellishly hot!!

Chief
10-18-13, 09:45 AM

Go with the flow bro...The Boston Consultant Group study is in charge at 16th and Jonestown. :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
10-18-13, 11:34 AM
Go with the flow bro...The Boston Consultant Group study is in charge at 16th and Jonestown. :laugh:

He thinks he knows more than the eggspirts at IMS

SurfaceUnits
10-18-13, 11:40 AM
431h20gvm3M

Chief
10-18-13, 11:51 AM
Speaking of eggspurts, a certain gap toothed oaf just asked me when the new CART schedule is coming out! :laugh:

What a dummy! I told him CART is dead (twice)...and that he WISHES there'd be a CART schedule coming out! He musta found the 2014 flaming bag poo on his doorstep. Hulman Racing aMPliFyiEd! :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
10-18-13, 01:50 PM
March 30th St.Petersburg C^RT

April 13th Long Beach CART

May 25th Indy 500 CART

May 31st/June 1 Detroit CART

June 28th/29th Houston CART

July 6th Pocono CART

July 19th/July 20th Toronto CART

August 3rd Mid-Ohio CART

August 17th Milwaukee CART

August 30th Fontana CART

10 CART races (13 with double headers) and 4 IRL races for the oaf, in order to be gap toothed you have to have 2 teeth

Chicagoland, Nashville, Pikes Peak, Charlotte, Dover, Kansas, Kentucky, Richmond - IRL race schedule

stroker
10-18-13, 02:09 PM

April 13th Long Beach CART

May 25th Indy 500 CART

May 31st/June 1 Detroit CART

June 28th/29th Houston CART

July 6th Pocono CART

July 19th/July 20th Toronto CART

August 3rd Mid-Ohio CART

August 17th Milwaukee CART

August 30th Fontana CART

10 CART races (13 with double headers) and 4 IRL races for the oaf, in order to be gap toothed you have to have 2 teeth

Chicagoland, Nashville, Pikes Peak, Charlotte, Dover, Kansas, Kentucky, Richmond - IRL race schedule

anyone got the 1995 CART schedule lying around?

SurfaceUnits
10-18-13, 02:21 PM

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/houston-tx/77002/june-weather/351197

Lots of people under the bleachers

Elmo T
10-18-13, 03:30 PM
anyone got the 1995 CART schedule lying around?

Miami, FL Mar-5 ABC
Surfers Paradise, Australia Mar-19 ABC
Phoenix, AZ Apr-2 ABC
Long Beach CA Apr-9 ABC
Nazareth, PA Apr-23 CBS
Indianopolis, IN May-28 ABC
Milwaukee, WS Jun-4 ABC
Detroit, MI Jun-11 ABC
Portland, OR Jun-25 ESPN
Elkhart Lake, WS Jul-9 ESPN
Toronto, Ontario, Canada Jul-16 ABC
Cleveland, OH Jul-23 ABC
Brooklyn, MI Jul-30 ABC
Lexington, OH Aug-13 ABC
Louden, NH Aug-20 ESPN & ESPN2
Vancouver, BC, Canada Sep-3 ESPN
Laguna Seca, CA Sep-10 ESPN & ESPN2

SurfaceUnits
10-18-13, 09:33 PM
IndyCar drops Brazil from 15-round, 18-race 2014 calendar

Houston moved to the hottest June weekend

Chief
10-19-13, 05:33 PM

Uh oh, this one is ifffy all of a sudden...this on the heels of the threat of wanting new engine participants or else:

Honda has unexpectedly pulled out as sponsor of the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, a stunning move that has race organizers scrambling for a new one just five months before the race.

Honda, which had sponsored the race for nine years, pulled out last week, race president Tim Ramsberger announced Friday.

"To say we're surprised is an understatement," Ramsberger said. "It's a tough thing to experience but I don't think it'll damper the race. It won't affect us going forward."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/grand-prix-of-st-petersburg-loses-honda-as-main-sponsor/2148046 (Honda Suddenly Pulls Indycar St. Pete Sponsorship)

Things are looking up all over...

SurfaceUnits
10-19-13, 07:31 PM
Hewlett-Packard leaving as IndyCar primary sponsor

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131019/INDYCAR/131019723

If st. pete won't miss honda, then they weren't getting any money

SurfaceUnits
10-23-13, 01:53 PM
Hulman & Co., owner of the IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, is selling sponsorships that include both the property and facility for the first time.

In addition to looking for a new title sponsor, Miles said he is continuing to look for a CEO to oversee Hulman Motorsports, who will oversee the commercial business of IndyCar and IMS. He began the search nearly a year ago and said that finding the right candidate has been difficult.

IMS Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Mike Redlick resigned last week. Miles said that if he can’t find the right fit for the CEO job, he may split the job in two and hire a senior vice president of sales and a senior vice president of marketing and communications. Both would report to Miles.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/10/14/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/IndyCar.aspx?hl=indycar&sc=0

Lots of branding and efficiencies and condensing and activation going on there

SurfaceUnits
10-23-13, 07:10 PM
hahahahaha this is what 16th @ jonestown is banking on
The Izod IndyCar Series needs this year's series champion Scott Dixon "to be as much of a winner off the track as he is on it" by promoting "the unnoticed qualities of the sport as Izod, GoDaddy, HP, Rachel's Potato Chips, and other supporters depart," according to Curt Cavin of the INDIANAPOLIS STAR

chop456
10-24-13, 01:37 AM
Miles said he is continuing to look for a CEO to oversee Hulman Motorsports, who will oversee the commercial business of IndyCar and IMS.

Should probably be looking for someone with a background in funeral directing or auctioneering.

Gnam
10-24-13, 11:47 AM
Should probably be looking for someone with a background in funeral directing or auctioneering.
:laugh:

SurfaceUnits
10-24-13, 01:29 PM
IndyCar posts lowest-ever viewership on NBCSN. Avg cable viewership per race (228K) down 64% since '08 (778K).

IndyCar Series Sees TV Viewership Down 22%, Including Lowest NBCSN Audience Yet

The Izod IndyCar Series saw its viewership drop 22% for 19 race telecasts across ABC and NBCSN compared to 15 telecasts last season. The series averaged 953,000 viewers, down from 1.2 million viewers last season.

stroker
10-24-13, 01:52 PM
IndyCar posts lowest-ever viewership on NBCSN. Avg cable viewership per race (228K) down 64% since '08 (778K).

IndyCar Series Sees TV Viewership Down 22%, Including Lowest NBCSN Audience Yet

The Izod IndyCar Series saw its viewership drop 22% for 19 race telecasts across ABC and NBCSN compared to 15 telecasts last season. The series averaged 953,000 viewers, down from 1.2 million viewers last season.

Link?

stroker
10-24-13, 01:53 PM

Are there any national mortuary chains? Title sponsor!

SurfaceUnits
10-24-13, 02:04 PM
Link?

Have to be a paid perscriber
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/10/24/Media/IndyCar.aspx

SurfaceUnits
10-29-13, 04:58 PM
No IMS Radio Network 'ceptin' Indy...

...is one of the rumors. Heard this, actually, late last year as an eventuality. Heard IMSRM would be up and running for Indy only.

Mike King Sayonara
ChiefOctober 28, 2013 3:38 PM
Mike King out as IMS broadcaster. Wow, condensation is taking it's toll...

Gnam
10-29-13, 06:21 PM
Sounds like there's an opening in the market for Indycar podcasts.
Anyone want to commit to watching every race next season? :gomer:

SurfaceUnits
10-31-13, 02:01 PM
This is rumoured to have saved Indycarz:

Kellogg's rolls out IndyCar-branded cereal nationwide
Direct-to-consumer marketing of star drivers could be just what the series needs to boost interest, TV ratings.

cameraman
10-31-13, 02:28 PM
You mean Vrooms?

Clearanced Kellogg’s Vroom Cereal = as low as FREE (http://www.totallytarget.com/2012/11/26/clearanced-kelloggs-vroom-cereal-as-low-as-free/)

:rofl:

SurfaceUnits
10-31-13, 04:52 PM
yep, IBJ was promoting it as hope for the LEague

That was 3 months after roll out they were on clearance. The shelf life of the IRL.

SurfaceUnits
11-02-13, 12:09 AM

SurfaceUnits
11-02-13, 04:28 PM
Dragon is gone and so too McAfee and True Car. Acorn StairLifts may also take their money and go elsewhere with James Jakes, the son of the owner.

G.
11-03-13, 10:12 PM
Dragon is gone and so too McAfee and True Car. Acorn StairLifts may also take their money and go elsewhere with James Jakes, the son of the owner.

Rich Ride-Buyer daddy says "you've had enough"? :laugh:

How many cars will be sponsored by Hulman Racing next year?

SurfaceUnits
11-07-13, 02:15 PM
Falken Tire says it will run in GTLM class of United Sports Car Championship next season & Derrick Walker will return as team manager.
IndyCar's practically running itself into the ground, no need for an on hand manager to do the same

SurfaceUnits
11-07-13, 10:24 PM
IndyCar owners sign new executives for motorsport division
By Mark Glendenning Thursday, November 7th 2013, 17:42 GMT

Indianapolis 500 2013

Hulman and Co CEO Mark Miles has completed the formation of the leadership team that will steer the company's motorsport division, which includes the IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Former Ford marketing executive CJ O'Donnell has been named as Hulman Motorsports' chief marketing officer, while Jay Frye, whose motorsport experience includes setting up the Red Bull NASCAR team, will serve as chief revenue officer.

"We've set a new strategic direction for our motorsports entities, and Jay and C.J. are both top performers who will help us take big leaps forward," Miles said.

"Among their immediate goals are to add sponsors for INDYCAR and IMS, improve our level of fan engagement and develop strategies to build alignment among our teams, drivers, venues and sponsors.

TravelGal
11-08-13, 02:06 AM
IndyCar owners sign new executives for motorsport division
By Mark Glendenning Thursday, November 7th 2013, 17:42 GMT

"We've set a new strategic direction for our motorsports entities, and Jay and C.J. are both top performers who will help us take big leaps forward," Miles said.

"Among their immediate goals are to add sponsors for INDYCAR and IMS, improve our level of fan engagement and develop strategies to build alignment among our teams, drivers, venues and sponsors.

How can these people say this with a straight face? :shakehead: Lesse, add sponsors, improve fan experience, make sponsors and teams happy. Maybe that IS a new strategy for them because it certainly doesn't resemble anything they've done in the past.

Elmo T
11-08-13, 08:55 AM
How can these people say this with a straight face? :shakehead: Lesse, add sponsors, improve fan experience, make sponsors and teams happy. Maybe that IS a new strategy for them because it certainly doesn't resemble anything they've done in the past.

Maybe you've forgotten this? ;) :rofl:

http://i42.tinypic.com/20utpxc.jpg

"I think it's very aggressive and I think it's exactly what the IndyCar Series needs," said Brian Barnhart, IRL's president and chief operating officer.

KISS circuit: Simmons signs deal to promote IRL (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2288087)

Chief
11-08-13, 11:20 AM
Seriously...what on earth can they possibly do to engage the fans?

Respectfully, ALL previous incarnations of IMS management (since 1996) have either dumped on or p!ssed on the fans, both dedicated 500 luvers and fans of either side of the split. Randy Bernard and even Mark Miles have acknowledged this and even hinted at apologizing for the mismanagement over the past 18 years. Never happened and eventually they said "screw it, we're moving forward". Too bad, because these were the fans who were the sport's engagers. Now they have drops of 22% or more in TV viewership each year for the past 5 years, attendance is vanishing and the while the racing product is better, no one wants it.

That's a tall order to overcome. Fans are sick of being *****ed over by Hulman Racing...sick of their meddling in the sport, sick of that stupid rotting speedway, sick of the destruction of the sport at the hands of the inbred morons that run it. Sick of Brian Barnhart still having a job as President of Operations. Sick of the old bag. Sick of it all.....

ALL of it...the horrendous car, the foul sounding engines, the back breaking flying aero...all of it SUCKS. You want to engage the fans...get rid of it ALL, dig a big pit and bury it. And start fresh without them jerks running it. Period.:mad:

SteveH
11-08-13, 11:28 AM
Seriously...what on earth can they possibly do to engage the fans?

Here you go, Chief

http://www.imsproject100.com/index.php/fan-feedback/

;)

Chief
11-08-13, 11:35 AM
Inside Indiana Business newsletter:

Expect Qualifying Changes Next May

Look for more big changes during the 2014 Month of May at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Hulman & Co. Chief Executive Officer Mark Miles tells Inside Indiana Business the qualifying format for the Indianapolis 500 will undergo major revisions. He says plans call for 33 provisional qualifiers on the first day of competition, then two sessions on Sunday to set the field. Miles will detail the planned changes this weekend on Inside Indiana Business Television.

Here's some fan engagement. I suspect part of what makes Indy great is it's rich traditions that are being unsanctimoniously discards without any regard for fans opinion or interest. This is why folks are RUNNING from this sport....the management has NO FREAKING CLUE.

And...what is up with Gerry Dick's head?

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?id=62264

Elmo T
11-08-13, 12:36 PM
ALL of it...the horrendous car, the foul sounding engines, the back breaking flying aero...all of it SUCKS. You want to engage the fans...get rid of it ALL, dig a big pit and bury it. And start fresh without them jerks running it. Period.:mad:

:thumbup:

Since 1996 - has their been a single sane, well thought out, business savvy, improves the racing, improves the driver safety, respects the tradition, encourages new manufacturers, keeps new manufacturers, brings new TV viewers, keeps the grandstands full decision made by management? I'll give them the SAFER barrier.

TKGAngel
11-08-13, 01:24 PM
:thumbup:

Since 1996 - has their been a single sane, well thought out, business savvy, improves the racing, improves the driver safety, respects the tradition, encourages new manufacturers, keeps new manufacturers, brings new TV viewers, keeps the grandstands full decision made by management? I'll give them the SAFER barrier.

HANS Device, maybe? But for every advancement, there's two steps back.

stroker
11-08-13, 03:58 PM
Here's some fan engagement. I suspect part of what makes Indy great is it's rich traditions that are being unsanctimoniously discards without any regard for fans opinion or interest. This is why folks are RUNNING from this sport....the management has NO FREAKING CLUE.

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?id=62264

The fact they're worried about qualifying versus the myriad other issues that drove away the fans tells you something...

SurfaceUnits
11-08-13, 04:04 PM
Tyhey ain't gone to have tow weekends of qualifying and Bump Day is the frist SAturday the, opening day of qualifying? That does, it I'm finished with them.

Napoleon
11-08-13, 07:48 PM

When I clicked through to see I couldn't help but be reminded how Steven Colbert would use a ham to represent Karl Rove.

SurfaceUnits
11-08-13, 09:28 PM
The IRL has a Title Sponsor for 2014
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScGPNT3-_7XNhDeFcTDPJXB5bdFXFXiSl6svnYWvGkYC3FyYHs

G.
11-08-13, 11:33 PM
He tells Inside INdiana Business he wants more national mainstream attention during Memorial Day Weekend adding he wants the "Sunday New York Times talking about what happened Saturday and what will happen Sunday" at the Speedway.

The perfect solution (http://nytmediakit.com//)

SurfaceUnits
11-09-13, 12:30 AM
They'll have to sacrifice a driver and some fans, maybe some in the pits too