PDA

View Full Version : Andretti is slowing on the frontstretch!

rabbit
05-25-03, 01:31 PM
:D

pchall
05-25-03, 02:28 PM
Goodbye, Mikey! We won't miss you.

:laugh:

RaceGrrl
05-25-03, 02:54 PM
Nah nah nah nah...

devilmaster
05-25-03, 03:10 PM
Nah Nah Nah Nah........

pchall
05-25-03, 03:35 PM
Nah nah nah...

FLCARTfan
05-25-03, 04:35 PM
hey hey hey

rabbit
05-25-03, 05:18 PM
good bye!

rabbit
05-25-03, 06:05 PM

cartmanoz
05-26-03, 03:33 AM
I actually cheered when I saw him get out of the car. Brilliant!:thumbup:

Kate
05-26-03, 06:40 AM
Now wait for the Blame Game to start -- and within a couple of months wait for the "comeback" announcement ....

RaceGrrl
05-26-03, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Kate
within a couple of months wait for the "comeback" announcement ....

That's what I thought. He's got all the personality of Barbra Streisand, no doubt he'll do several "farewell" races, like she did concerts. :rolleyes:

RaceChic
05-26-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
I actually cheered when I saw him get out of the car. Brilliant!:thumbup:

Some people looked at me like they were going to pitch me over the grandstands....:rofl:
That was such a rush! :p

Gurneyflap
05-26-03, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I can hardly wait for Mario Dominguez, Manning or maybe Alex Yoong to replace him in the hearts of thousands of CART fans everywhere! Pile on, gang, doesn't it make you feel soooo good? Tell me, was it ever about the actual music or did you rate your bands/singers on their personalities and looks alone?

WickerBill
05-26-03, 09:54 PM
Watch, gurneyflap, people won't say things like this about deFerran. Talent alone doesn't win you fans. LONG before MA ever said he was leaving CART, he had the most detractors on every single CART forum.

WB

RaceGrrl
05-26-03, 10:08 PM
I don't feel bad about Mikey losing his last Indy race. He may have driving talent, but he is a jerk and a traitor to the series and fans that made him popular. I was happy that he didn't win his last 500. That loss couldn't have happened to a better person.

BTW, the win couldn't have happened for a better person. Gil is a class act.

RaceChic
05-26-03, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
I don't feel bad about Mikey losing his last Indy race. He may have driving talent, but he is a jerk and a traitor to the series and fans that made him popular. I was happy that he didn't win his last 500. That loss couldn't have happened to a better person.

BTW, the win couldn't have happened for a better person. Gil is a class act.

Totally agree with you Grrl. Went to the fence and called out "Two Time CART Champion" when he went by after to salute his fans. I do still like him. :D
Plus I nearly fractured my ankle jumping up and down in a rather intoxicated fashion when it happened. :laugh:

Gurneyflap
05-27-03, 09:37 PM
OK, so which of those guys are jerks and traitors and which are beyond any reproach...and why? I guess I have a difficult time understanding how some of you "true race fans" evaluate the participants. Bill Elliot, Sarah Fisher? They've won their share of "most popular" awards, too. So WHAT!? Hey, that NASCAB is real popular, too. I guess it's better? I guess I just have a hard time understanding what some of you get out of trashing people and being so negative all the time. A kind of a therapy? It seems so, so...NASCARish.

RaceChic
05-27-03, 09:43 PM
If you have to ask, then there is not a whole lot of point explaing. I will say though that I think Gil always was a classy man as well as a capable and consistent driver. :)