PDA

View Full Version : Moderated Status

Stu
11-29-08, 08:38 AM
You've been placed on moderated status indefinitely. We've been more patient with you than we probably should have. Ever since Sean left it seems that you've been trying to provoke us so we wanted to give you an opportunity to get over that.

You may continue to participate in the forum but your posts will have to be approved before they're visible to the public.

First, there has been 1 thread which had to do with Sean. That was the one where I brought up yet again how most on this forum think every move :tony: makes is horrible and should be laughed at, even though they are the changes that people here want. You should remember that thread because it was the one where personal attacks were thrown at me which you chose to ignore.

All else has been in response to general, meaningful discussion. Whether people agree or not with my comments is not the point, but at no point did I personally insult anyone. The majority of my posts were well within forum rules. If there were any that were not, then they were in a gray area which was also populated by many other members of this forum.

Second, in regards to the moderated status, you might as well just ban people. If Sean's record is any indication, even the on topic posts he made after being on moderated status were not approved for posting. Whats the point?

Third. Boom, Outta Here.

nrc
11-30-08, 01:47 AM
Actually, it wasn't posted, it was sent as a private message out of courtesy. Typically posting PMs is considered a breach of etiquette, but we've permitted it (again) because we're not giving anyone an excuse to claim that we're hiding anything from the community.

Moderated status is an opportunity for a community member to continue to participate and demonstrate that they are willing to participate according to the rules and intent of the forum. Some members have accepted that quietly, continued to contribute, and regained full posting privileges. We consider that a good thing.

In considering your situation, I've come to believe that you're right about one thing: In your case, moderated status is pointless. I don't think that you're interested in participating in the forum. I think you just want to demonstrate how clever you are by being disruptive while remaining within what you believe to be the rules.

So not only are you welcome to leave, but we will assist in the process by banning you.