PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while since I last posted so....

rocket
11-12-08, 04:26 AM
Brittany has her learner's permit. I took her to take the test last Thursday, she's only been in the drivers ed class for 3 days (It's outside of school, because they don't allow freshman to take it) She turned 15 in September, so I wasn't going to put off the inevitable. We went out to dinner that night and afterwards she drove around the community college campus for a while then hit the streets in the ran and dark, she did pretty well, she has driven on other occasions, but just in parking lots getting used to the vehicle and whatnot, this was the first on road she's had.

She waited until volleyball season was over, she does double duty as an outside hitter and a setter, this year she played through an inflamed rotator cuff and a sprained ankle. Plenty of tape and some of those Active Ankles took care of the second problem. I was proud since they started practices in mid-August, that was 4 hours a day until school started, then they had practice Mon-Sat from 4-6:30 unless there was a game in which case she usually didn't get home until between 8 and 9 pm since they also had to stay for all Sophmore, JV and Varsity games. Anyhow she ended up with 5 A's and a B this quarter. She's doing weight training 3 days a week with the Sophmore VB coach and a few others getting ready for some club VB in Jan. and then next fall. He's impressed with the dedication and the fact that she held such high grades through the season.

Other than that things are pretty cool, I have a teenage daughter (obviously), we went to Cabo again this year (3rd time) just went to the AC/DC and The Answer concert 2 weeks ago and have tickets to Metallica / Machine Head / The Sword in January. Last year we went to the Rob Zombie / Ozzy show.

chop456
11-12-08, 04:35 AM
I don't even know who you are anymore.

devilmaster
11-12-08, 09:40 AM
good to hear rock......

but no stories about meeting her new boyfriends? ;)

RaceGrrl
11-12-08, 12:52 PM
Hard to believe Brit is driving! It's cool to hear that she's really into VB. Any chance she wants to take it further than HS play?

rocket
11-12-08, 08:14 PM
Hard to believe Brit is driving! It's cool to hear that she's really into VB. Any chance she wants to take it further than HS play?

Yeah, she wants to play at the college level too, at this point she's thinking Michigan. She plans on getting into the medical field, she is in a program now and will continue through HS and she will get her CNA her senior year. I'm not sure if it will end with moving up the nursing ladder or if she will go for more, she has mentioned pediatrics.

Her teacher nominated her for this future youth leadership program, in the medical field. So she has the opportunity next summer to spend 10 days with a group of doctors down at UIC medical center (I believe).

Unfortunately that is 3K to do ad I can't foot that right now, she should have that same opportunity her some other year as well. I'll have to get in touch with her teacher and see what the deal is, if this is a one time opportunity, I'll do something to scrape the money together.

rocket
11-12-08, 08:19 PM
good to hear rock......

but no stories about meeting her new boyfriends? ;)

She's had a couple BF's, one pretty bad experience with the last guy. Right now she has 5 or 6 guys wanting her to be their GF, but shes focused on school, driving, her friends, and VB.

Also the deal is I meet the BF's too. Her other guy and girlfriends also know me and I think thy may be like "watch out for her dad":D

cameraman
11-12-08, 08:57 PM
Her teacher nominated her for this future youth leadership program, in the medical field. So she has the opportunity next summer to spend 10 days with a group of doctors down at UIC medical center (I believe). Many hospitals/medical schools have programs for interested high schoolers that are free. Ask around.

rocket
11-12-08, 11:36 PM
She's had a couple BF's, one pretty bad experience with the last guy. Right now she has 5 or 6 guys wanting her to be their GF, but shes focused on school, driving, her friends, and VB.

Also the deal is I meet the BF's too. Her other guy and girlfriends also know me and I think thy may be like "watch out for her dad":D

Well it's about 3 hours later and this is now a false statement, I'll meet the guy this weekend.

JT265
11-13-08, 03:32 PM
I don't even know who you are anymore.

Indeed. :yuck::rofl:

OW
11-13-08, 11:17 PM
Other than that things are pretty cool, I have a teenage daughter (obviously), went to the AC/DC and The Answer concert 2 weeks ago and have tickets to Metallica / Machine Head / The Sword in January. Last year we went to the Rob Zombie / Ozzy show.

Stay Cool DAD