PDA

View Full Version : Mario Dominguez, drinks and drives, hits and runs...even on foot

Willam
11-08-08, 01:09 PM
According to a note published by newspaper REFORMA here in Mexico City:

"DOMINGUEZ HITS TAXI AND RUNS AWAY
Mexico City, Novemeber 8th 2008

When he attempted to run away after he impacted a taxi, driver Mario Dominguez, apparently drunk, was detained in Mexico City.

According to witness', the accident happened around 5am, Dominguez was driving a silver BMW when he impacted a taxi in the crossing between Nuevo Leon Ave. and Benjamin Franklin Ave. Witnesses say he refused to pay for the damages and ran away.

When running away he rear ended another Taxi in Circuito Interior and Francisco Marquez St., both drivers were uninjured. To avoid being detained, Domiguez got out of his car, jumped the divider wall and ran on through the opposite side of the streets and disappeared.

He was later detained.

For about two and half hours the driver and the taxi driver argued over the damages. Dominguez settled with the taxi driver on the spot and avoided being detained inspite of being presumably drunk"

So he gets drunk and drives, hits two cars and probably bribed his way out of the drunk tank and a couple of hit and runs...niiiiiiice.

I'm trying to find other links since www.reforma.com is a pay site but this is beyond funny...

EDIT:
Here's the link if anyone can get around the pay site

http://www.reforma.com/cancha/articulo/470/939619/

Opposite Lock
11-08-08, 03:07 PM
Stoopid Mario.

I wonder if he told the cabdriver "You have the most beautiful eyes."

Sean Malone
11-08-08, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more stories of IRL drivers 'self medicating'.

dando
11-08-08, 05:56 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more stories of IRL drivers 'self medicating'.

See Unser, Al Jr.

-Kevin

porscheman
11-08-08, 06:39 PM
Stoopid Mario.

I wonder if he told the cabdriver "You have the most beautiful eyes."

Nope. He told the cops "I used to be Paul Tracy's team mate".

:shakehead

porscheman

extramundane
11-08-08, 10:09 PM
Nice to see that his off-track driving skills rival his on-track skills.

Indy
11-09-08, 03:44 AM
Did he hit his girlfriend and dump her on the side of I-465? If not, he is still merely in training for IRL stardom.