PDA

View Full Version : Pollack to Announce Wednesday

nrc
01-11-03, 02:31 AM
MONTREAL, Jan. 10 /CNW Telbec/ -

CRAIG POLLOCK along with CHRISTOPHER R. POOK, president and CEO of the CART series, cordially invite the media to a press conference announcing a major development for the 2003 CART season

The news conference will be followed by a question-and-answer period for the media. All of the news-conference speakers will be available for one-on-one interviews.

DATE: Wednesday, January 15, 2003
TIME: 3:45 p.m.
PLACE: Le Newtown, 1476 Crescent Street (Terrace level)

:D

Kiwifan
01-11-03, 04:36 AM
Heard that at the track today. :D Great news!

Rusty.

pchall
01-11-03, 10:25 AM
The press conference is going to be in Montreal? Does this portend a French Canadian driver or just indicate that Craig Pollack doesn't think a trip to Indy is worth the risk of being served a tenderloin at lunch?

:D

JoeBob
01-11-03, 10:47 AM
I wonder if the owner of Le Newtown will be at the Press Conference.

Railbird
01-11-03, 11:41 AM
Beginning to sound like they are going with Lamarie.

Safe pick for a start up team imo.

Their biggest hurdle right now is gathering the proper personel to field this team. With Mikey and Cheep laying off and Herdez and Pollock hiring there are a lot of tool boxes moving around here in Indy.

RTKar
01-11-03, 11:43 AM
More good news I presume, hopefully he'll find it somewhat easier than running BAR. CART desperately needs some young blood owners to carry the torch in the future.

Gurneyflap
01-11-03, 12:21 PM
Somewhat easier?...somewhat CHEAPER! And MORE FUN!! Welcome CP! You'll LOVE us! (But, be prepared to meet the fans!)

damiandoan
01-11-03, 02:40 PM
Hopefully JV will also be involved. Part owner perhaps? Maybe even driver in 2004? :)

DD

RaceChic
01-11-03, 06:52 PM
Craig Pollock is a very nice and kind man!!
He will be an asset and welcomed addition to CART.
Excellent!!!:D

JoeBob
01-11-03, 07:38 PM
Robin Miller is reporting on rpm.espn.com that Mika Salo will be behind the wheel.

lateralus42
01-11-03, 08:33 PM
Stefan, Gentilozzi, Conquest, and Pollock....looks like CART is reloading with some good new teams.

DaveL
01-11-03, 08:52 PM
What is more important to is that these teams will hopefully not be Fifth Columnists who are more concerned about one race in May than building CART.

damiandoan
01-11-03, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
What is more important to is that these teams will hopefully not be Fifth Columnists who are more concerned about one race in May than building CART.

Of the new teams only one (Conquest) has any ties with the speedway, and that my friends is a very good thing. If RM is correct and there are already 19 lease agreements with Cosworth, what are all the Pook D&G'ers gonna do? 2-3 more coming?

"bye, bye New Jersy... we're airborne..."

DD

Railbird
01-11-03, 10:03 PM
Bar room rumor:

Pollock and Pook will be taking Craig's jet from Indy to Montreal Wednesday after Pook's duties at the unvieling. The announcement will come from Newton's. Still no driver.

edit: Four associates on board with heavy conversations on a primary. This with a team that supposedly has a three year financial deal in place.

I sure hope this deal is as sweet as I have been assured it is.

Gurneyflap
01-13-03, 11:24 AM
You guys are gonna make me CRY!

Fenster
01-14-03, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
I sure hope this deal is as sweet as I have been assured it is.

Who has been doing the assuring ...if you don't mind me asking?

--Fenster.

Warlock!
01-15-03, 09:07 AM
Crapwagon.com forums say it's gonna be 2 cars with Salo and LeMarie... and this is coming from Bob-Up over there, who's not much of a bulls****ter. He does some motorsport reporting so he usually doesn't jump the gun on announcements...

Winter Warlock!

mnkywrch
01-15-03, 09:25 AM
Who is Patrick Lamarie?

JV's drinking buddy?

I google'd him and couldn't find anything outside of driving for Steve Johnson's ALMS team at one point.

Warlock!
01-15-03, 09:51 AM
LeMarie was also a BAR test driver early on...

Winter Warlock!

Lizzerd
01-15-03, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Fenster
Who has been doing the assuring ...if you don't mind me asking?

--Fenster.

I know who Railbird is referring to. He doesn't post anywhere though, and he likes to stay under the radar. His word is as good as gold.

Railbird
01-15-03, 03:00 PM
Even better than what I was "assured".

What a deal, starting off top shelf, by mid season they will be upfront.

Drop the flag