PDA

View Full Version : NBA

WickerBill
05-24-03, 07:16 PM
Are you more or less interested in the NBA "final four" now that the Lakers are not in it? For many, the Lakers were the team to root for, for the rest of us, the Lakers were a team to root against. Now, without that polarity, who are you pulling for?

(one imaginary dollar to the first person who belches out "I haven't cared about the NBA since Bird and Magic retired". :rolleyes: )

cartmanoz
05-24-03, 07:54 PM
How about 'I haven't cared for the NBA EVER!'

A game of rugby league is far more exciting.

Now you're going to ask 'What is rugby league?':D

nz_climber
05-25-03, 03:13 AM
hehe - I know wat your on about cartmanoz :D

Kiwifan
05-25-03, 04:35 AM
Make that three of us. :) :)

Rusty.

Cam
05-25-03, 07:46 AM
Well..... I am more interested..... Not having the the 320 pound gorilla and the selfish brat in the finals is quite rewarding to me! :D

Ed_Severson
05-25-03, 09:13 AM
I don't much care one way or the other -- the NBA doesn't interest me a whole lot until the playoffs anyhow, and with the Pacers losing in the first round, I don't care what happens beyond that.

That said, it'll probably make me feel better inside if either New Jersey or San Antonio wins -- Jason Kidd, David Robinson, and Tim Duncan all definitely deserve rings, in my opinion, and I don't think I could tolerate Mark Cuban if the Mavs were to back into the title.

And, since my Devils have finally dispatched with Ottawa, I'll be much more interested in the Stanley Cup finals than whatever happens in the NBA.

But to answer your original question ... yeah, it put a little smile on my face when the Lakers were eliminated. It's not that I dislike them -- I just hate monotony.

pchall
05-25-03, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by cartmanoz
How about 'I haven't cared for the NBA EVER!'

NBA: Not Basketball Anymore