PDA

View Full Version : Hey! It just started raining.

trish
11-02-08, 01:01 PM
They pushed back the start time.

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:02 PM
...and yet there is no more rain expected for the next 40 minutes....this is gonna be fun!

trish
11-02-08, 01:15 PM
Of course I miss the start. Anything happen?

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:17 PM
Coulthard get in a prang at the back...career ends at the bottom of the Senna S...piquet out..no rear wing...don't think he was involved with DC though...safety car deployed..

Edit: also Kubica ducked into the pits before the start to chaneg to dry tyres...

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:21 PM
back to green

trish
11-02-08, 01:24 PM
They're already down to 55 from 71?

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:34 PM
all of the big players on dry tyres....sliding ALL over the place....

trish
11-02-08, 01:43 PM
Bourdais seems to only have bad luck these days.

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:55 PM
He had a big helping of Trulli-itis at turn one though...

TrueBrit
11-02-08, 01:59 PM
...hmmm...starting to look a little darker over the track...shadows are gone...

Insomniac
11-02-08, 02:25 PM
Unless his car breaks, Hamilton has this one wrapped up. Congratulations Lewis.

Insomniac
11-02-08, 02:47 PM
Who gets to wave the flag?

nissan gtp
11-02-08, 02:52 PM
wow that was pretty amazing. Lewis is one lucky guy

trish
11-02-08, 02:53 PM
I'm glad I recorded this. I missed too much.

trish
11-02-08, 02:54 PM
I have to say, I feel horrible for Felipe.

Accipiter
11-02-08, 02:58 PM
What an absolutely incredible finish!

WTF happened to Glock? Did Dennis write Toyota a huge check or something?

NismoZ
11-02-08, 03:01 PM
Holy KaRAPP!:eek:

Willam
11-02-08, 03:03 PM
What an absolutely incredible finish!

WTF happened to Glock? Did Dennis write Toyota a huge check or something?

He stayed out on dry tires which is how he got to 4th, way too much rain that last lap, he lost almost 10 seconds to Vettel and Hamilton from the last turn to the finish line.

trish
11-02-08, 03:08 PM
Felipe's definitely my guy. I hope next year is better.

Accipiter
11-02-08, 03:34 PM
He stayed out on dry tires which is how he got to 4th, way too much rain that last lap, he lost almost 10 seconds to Vettel and Hamilton from the last turn to the finish line.

Actually, reviewing the video, I think Kubica shoved Glock wide passing him too. Which would mean he gaveth then tooketh away.

Wally
11-02-08, 03:41 PM
Great race and ending , didn't care for how the championship went though.....oh well.:(

EVL29
11-02-08, 04:22 PM
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

Courtesy of "dutra" at AtlasF1.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHA!

oddlycalm
11-02-08, 05:37 PM
A lot of great driving and solid team efforts today. Massa did everything he could and he and Kimi captured the constructor's title for Ferrari. Alonso, Vettel and their respective teams really stepped up (again) against some very serious competition. Glock, Trulli and Toyota showed up and performed, their gamble on the dry tires at the end with Glock only falling short by a couple corners. Hamilton didn't lose his head or panic even when it appeared all was lost.

A big :thumbup: to all of them as well as the track, fans and weather. A great finish to what has been a remarkable season and a race people will be talking about for a long time.

oc

pchall
11-02-08, 06:18 PM
Great race and ending , didn't care for how the championship went though.....oh well.:(

The results were a wash for me, as well. If there's any team I despise more than Ferrari it is Ron Dennis' Team fauxMclaren.

Nice ending to Coulthard's F1 career, though. :)

Methanolandbrats
11-02-08, 08:01 PM
A lot of great driving and solid team efforts today. Massa did everything he could and he and Kimi captured the constructor's title for Ferrari. Alonso, Vettel and their respective teams really stepped up (again) against some very serious competition. Glock, Trulli and Toyota showed up and performed, their gamble on the dry tires at the end with Glock only falling short by a couple corners. Hamilton didn't lose his head or panic even when it appeared all was lost.

A big :thumbup: to all of them as well as the track, fans and weather. A great finish to what has been a remarkable season and a race people will be talking about for a long time.

oc You don't know nuthin', :tony:Max and Bernard are gonna fix all the things that made this season such a disaster ;)

Gnam
11-02-08, 08:24 PM
That was great. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-02-08, 09:04 PM
If I owned a Toyota, something I'd never do, I'd have the ****ing thing crushed tomorrow morning. :)

Badger
11-02-08, 10:34 PM
I think the best driver one the WDC this year. If not for some bogus penalties, it wouldn't have even been this close, so I think things worked out the way they should have.

Cam
11-03-08, 04:52 AM
http://fotos.subefotos.com/a984babe3db3feffe4e295c5e18197cfo.gif

Courtesy of "dutra" at AtlasF1.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH AHA!

Got a linky to teh thread where that was posted? The meltdown by the FIArariati there should rival a TF hissyfit!

ilferrari
11-03-08, 06:15 AM
I think the best driver one the WDC this year. If not for some bogus penalties, it wouldn't have even been this close, so I think things worked out the way they should have.

Bear in mind that Massa lost more through unreliablity than Hamilton did through penalties, which were partly his fault. Hungary and Singapore gave a 22-point swing to Hamilton.

ilferrari
11-03-08, 07:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k_RAmfcKk

Watch Glock as Vettel and Hamilton pass him at the last corner. It looks like he is off the throttle, cruising, rather than struggling for grip. There was still a dry line on that corner.

Sean Malone
11-03-08, 09:38 AM
You don't know nuthin', :tony:Max and Bernard are gonna fix all the things that made this season such a disaster ;)

Trackside sprinkler system with the on button in Bernie's suite. :D

Insomniac
11-03-08, 09:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k_RAmfcKk

Watch Glock as Vettel and Hamilton pass him at the last corner. It looks like he is off the throttle, cruising, rather than struggling for grip. There was still a dry line on that corner.

He lost 20 seconds on that lap. I doubt it was all right there. It was a pretty exciting way to finish the season. Ferrari can blame themselves. That pit light malfunction in Singapore cost them the championship, not Timo Glock.

Accipiter
11-03-08, 01:21 PM
http://s1.subirimagenes.com/imagen/1386821hamilton-f1.gif

:laugh:

Not true of course. Toyota and Glock had no vested interest in helping or harming either side.

NismoZ
11-03-08, 01:40 PM
Well, it wasn't 3-wide-side-by-side but it'll do 'til they improve things next season.:rolleyes: (nice catch on that money-passing thing. I THOUGHT I saw something strange going on there!:saywhat:) PS-I thought money alone was it's own best vested interest!)

TrueBrit
11-03-08, 03:29 PM
What a BRILLIANT race!!!

Holy Cow I was absolutely convinced that Lewis had blown it until the very last corner and then BOOM!!! he's the new WORLD CHAMPION!!!!

I feel badly for Massa, he did everything he had to do to snatch the win but in all fairness had he not been gifted points in Belgium this race wouldn't have mattered....

The most exciting finish to an F-1 season in recent memory...

Simply brilliant!!!

:thumbup:

(oh and a hearty **** you to Max and the FIA...Lewis won anyway you bunch of wankers...:D:D:D...how about you let things get decided on the track instead of the courtroom going forward? Trust me it's much more fun that way...)

EVL29
11-03-08, 03:55 PM
Got a linky to teh thread where that was posted? The meltdown by the FIArariati there should rival a TF hissyfit!

Here ya go.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104995

trish
11-03-08, 04:27 PM
Here ya go.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104995

Glock should be immediately replaced by Pantano
McLaren should have been excluded this year making Hamilton inelligble for WDC
Toyota was bought off
Lewis is a black in Bernie's sideshow and Massa is only a Brazillion...comparisons with the WWE

That's only up to page 2. Interesting people over there.

oddlycalm
11-03-08, 05:29 PM
Glock did well to keep the car on the track at all during the last lap. They rolled the dice and lost on the wet tires call. During the interview I saw he said he was going to just pull into the pits before the last lap because the car was undrivable but the pit lane was full of celebrating fans. That was also why the cars had to stop on the track after the race finished instead of in the pit lane.

oc

Methanolandbrats
11-03-08, 05:41 PM
Glock did well to keep the car on the track at all during the last lap. They rolled the dice and lost on the wet tires call. During the interview I saw he said he was going to just pull into the pits before the last lap because the car was undrivable but the pit lane was full of celebrating fans. That was also why the cars had to stop on the track after the race finished instead of in the pit lane.

oc
Then he should have had sense enough to lose it and spun in front of Hamilton :D

opinionated ow
11-03-08, 07:15 PM
A pity DC was taken out. He said to Louise Goodman that he was going to pay the fine so he could do doughnuts for the fans after the race.

Gnam
11-03-08, 07:20 PM
Glock did well to keep the car on the track at all during the last lap. They rolled the dice and lost on the wet tires call.

from the autosport thread EVL29 posted:

Actually it did work pretty well.

Before the rain: Glock 7th, Trulli out of the points.
At the end: Glock 6th, Trulli 8th.

2 point swing!

Both Hamilton and Vettel were quoted as being surprised they were racing for the Driver's Championship. How could they not know?

ilferrari
11-04-08, 02:56 AM
He lost 20 seconds on that lap. I doubt it was all right there. It was a pretty exciting way to finish the season. Ferrari can blame themselves. That pit light malfunction in Singapore cost them the championship, not Timo Glock.

Of course it's not true that Glock let him through, but from the way he was driving as he was passed, I understand why alot of people thought that.

pchall
11-04-08, 07:51 AM
If I owned a Toyota, something I'd never do, I'd have the ****ing thing crushed tomorrow morning. :)

Some of us think To¥ota owners should be in the driver's seat when the car gets crushed. :flame:

Insomniac
11-04-08, 09:11 AM
Of course it's not true that Glock let him through, but from the way he was driving as he was passed, I understand why alot of people thought that.

I agree. In real time, I think most everyone thought that was it for Lewis. No one was updating us (on SPEED) on where Glock was or that he was falling back.

NismoZ
11-04-08, 09:58 AM
Things were happening so fast I'm certain Varsha only knew when we did. The race was over, Massa the winner, TV starting to show (prematurely) the family and team celebrants and only then a switch to the action showing the last couple of turns..."That's Glock!:eek:"... as Hamilton cruised by. Amazing TV coverage, I think.:thumbup:

oddlycalm
11-04-08, 04:18 PM
Things were happening so fast I'm certain Varsha only knew when we did. The race was over, Massa the winner, TV starting to show (prematurely) the family and team celebrants and only then a switch to the action showing the last couple of turns..."That's Glock!:eek:"... as Hamilton cruised by. Amazing TV coverage, I think.:thumbup:

Yep, Speed's F1 coverage is sheer brilliance compared with what else passes for racing broacasts in the US. If it was HD they would have it all.

oc

Anteater
11-04-08, 07:50 PM
My husband and I have never jumped up and down and screamed during an F1 race broadcast before. What a way to end the season! :D:thumbup:

Gnam
11-04-08, 07:53 PM
^ That's how I judge which sports to watch. :D

Champ Car. :thumbup:
College football. :thumbup:
and now
F1 :thumbup:

Sean Malone
11-04-08, 08:27 PM
Yep, Speed's F1 coverage is sheer brilliance compared with what else passes for racing broacasts in the US. If it was HD they would have it all.

oc

Yep. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-04-08, 09:33 PM

oc
The Hobbs, Matchett, Varsha and pitwalk by Windsor is the best coverage ever. I wonder how the ratings are? Can't those ****ers at SPEED get a clue and copy that coverage for the international feed of WRC, The Race of Champions, etc.............there is more to racing than endless cab and fake truck hillbilly, yucking it up oval crap :yuck:. And that stupid "tuner" ****, pinks, a reality series on tow truck drivers, does anyone watch that trash?

trish
11-04-08, 09:37 PM
The Hobbs, Matchett, Varsha and pitwalk by Windsor is the best coverage ever. I wonder how the ratings are? Can't those ****ers at SPEED get a clue and copy that coverage for the international feed of WRC, The Race of Champions, etc.............there is more to racing than endless cab and fake truck hillbilly, yucking it up oval crap :yuck:. And that stupid "tuner" ****, pinks, a reality series on tow truck drivers, does anyone watch that trash?

I have seen the tow truck brothers once or twice. Reality TV has gone too far. :yuck:

Rogue Leader
11-04-08, 09:52 PM
My husband and I have never jumped up and down and screamed during an F1 race broadcast before. What a way to end the season! :D:thumbup:

Same here, I'm sure my neighbors were like what the **** is going on?!?!

JohnHKart
11-05-08, 01:51 AM
What a great race...I've replayed the last laps a couple of times...just fantastic stuff. It's a historic week for sure.

John

trish
11-05-08, 03:16 AM
Glock comments on race (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7705641.stm)

Winston Wolfe
11-05-08, 11:45 AM
Glock comments on race (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7705641.stm)

so, based on the comments in the latter part of the article, it seems that Team Lewis knew that Glock was painfully slow and they would pass him on the second to last corner ????? now THAT is a heck of a way to plan to win the F1 championship (in a roundabout sort of way).
Congrats to LH in what has been an "interesting" and exciting F1 season to say the least. Since Schuey retired, I would have to say that the dynamics and excitement of F1 has certainly had many more peaks, than valleys in the last two seasons, especially this one... what with all the steward decisions, and the wet weather races, etc.
Cant wait to see what Max & Bernie will do to "improve" next season:confused:

Cam
11-05-08, 05:58 PM
Cant wait to see what Max & Bernie will do to "improve" next season:confused:

That sceeres the hell outta me. :irked:

NismoZ
11-08-08, 12:23 PM
Reading the FIRST thing we'll notice is what the cars will look like. Some guy at Renault is saying the differences will be SHOCKING when 1st seen. Larger front wing, no mini add-ons, slicks etc. So, whaddaya think...more champcar like!?:D

stroker
11-08-08, 12:45 PM
Reading the FIRST thing we'll notice is what the cars will look like. Some guy at Renault is saying the differences will be SHOCKING when 1st seen. Larger front wing, no mini add-ons, slicks etc. So, whaddaya think...more champcar like!?:D

They wish...

Insomniac
11-08-08, 01:20 PM

Is that tall rear wing for 09 also?

NismoZ
11-08-08, 07:17 PM
Pretty sure. Williams has already tried a "dramatically higher and smaller" rear wing.

opinionated ow
11-09-08, 12:00 AM
Pretty sure. Williams has already tried a "dramatically higher and smaller" rear wing.

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft20831.html

this is a good read on the subject.

emjaya
11-09-08, 04:06 AM
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft20831.html

this is a good read on the subject.

The new rules will exclude all the barge boards, the radiator air extraction chimneys, flick-ups, nose horns and all the rest of it. The plan is for the cars to be smooth between the axles.

"There is a small overtaking benefit attached to that," Lowe admitted, "but it was mainly done in response to demands from the team principals for cleaner advertising areas."

:)

Methanolandbrats
11-09-08, 09:14 AM
http://www.chaparralcars.com/images/chap2e.jpg

NismoZ
11-09-08, 04:48 PM
Makes perfect sense...save $$ on costly developments and rake in more sponsor bucks with a bigger billboard.:rolleyes: