PDA

View Full Version : DaveL ailing?

SteveH
10-24-08, 01:18 AM
I think he used to post here. Knew him from SpeedNet days, then it was on to 7G.

Doesn't sound too good. (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115419)

Get better soon, friend.

oddlycalm
10-24-08, 03:32 PM
Thanks for posting this Steve. Dave L has been a hardy perennial on the racing forums as long as I've been around. Hope the outcome is good.

oc

Andrew Longman
10-24-08, 07:29 PM
I can't remember 7G or OC or TF before Dave.

Best wishes :thumbup:

trish
10-24-08, 07:38 PM
Prayers and best wishes for you DaveL.

Sean Malone
10-24-08, 08:26 PM
I've enjoyed Dave's posts over the years. I hope he fully recovers.

OW
10-24-08, 08:40 PM
Get well Dave .....

TravelGal
10-25-08, 01:04 AM
Sorry to read this, especially the "don't know what's wrong" part. Sending my prayers to you, DaveL, and to the docs so you find the one that can help.

Don Quixote
10-25-08, 01:20 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

KaBoom21
10-26-08, 01:20 AM
Man, I cut my CART teeth by pouring over DaveL and Kellner's posts at SpeedNet and 7G.

Stinks.

RaceGrrl
10-28-08, 12:41 AM
Thinking of you, Dave, and wishing you a well.

eiregosod
10-28-08, 12:07 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery, a worthy contributer to the varous forums for the past decade .

cart7
10-29-08, 08:24 PM
I'm posting this from that other site as an update on Dave's illness.

I got a call from Dave's Bro-in-law. It was brief, he was working and driving.

Dave had surgery on Saturday. There was a malignant tumor that they removed. It was successful, there were no complications, and the prognosis is good. They believe that they caught it before it could spread. But, Dave is very weak and the recovery is going to be slow. There is no timetable on when he can go home, it will be when he is well enough.

Chuck ads, "Dave's a tough guy. We all look forward to Thanksgiving dinner and him busting everyone's chops."

That is what I know now. I told him to pass on to Dave that all his TF buddies were sending him prayers and good wishes.

More when I have it. And thanks for caring.

mk

Good luck Dave. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Michaelhatesfans
10-31-08, 02:56 AM
Best of luck, Dave. Keep fighting.:thumbup:

Napoleon
11-26-08, 03:12 PM
Wow, I hope he is doing better. I have wondered about him the last 6 months or so since it has been something like over a year since I last saw him post.

oddlycalm
11-26-08, 03:38 PM
The last forum post I could find from DaveL were from late September. I dropped Kellner and message to see if he's heard anything further.

oc

JoeBob
11-27-08, 11:47 AM
Here's Kellner's update:
http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1913976&postcount=85

I called Dave and talked to him tonight. He has been home about a week. He is going to make it, but is weak and it will be a long recovery. He was still Dave on the phone, but with the boost turned way down.

I didn't want to wear him out so the call was short. I passed on your support. He appreciates the prayers and good wishes.

I am not sure when we are going to hear from him on the various forums again. Racing hasn't been on his mind much as of late. He has mostly passed the time watching the History Channel when he was awake.

mk