PDA

View Full Version : Penske & Forsythe To Grand Am

NismoZ
10-23-08, 03:23 PM
And for more than just the 24, I'd guess. Testing next week. Penske with Dumas and Porsche (duh) and Uncle Ger with Costa and Fittipaldi and Pontiac power. Can't mess up the "customers" in ALMS with a perception of factory favoritism, I guess. Mission there accomplished? (I wonder if he'll snag Donahue?)

Methanolandbrats
10-23-08, 04:06 PM
This may the beginning of a series of very bad developments :yuck:

Andrew Longman
10-23-08, 04:12 PM
I don't know where he read it but Trevor said the rumor is this is for only one year and then Penske would be back in ALMS in P1 with Porsche.

nissan gtp
10-23-08, 05:22 PM
I just don't get the P2 -> DP -> P1 thing. Makes no sense IMO.

extramundane
10-23-08, 05:42 PM
I don't know where he read it but Trevor said the rumor is this is for only one year and then Penske would be back in ALMS in P1 with Porsche.

Apparently Marshall Pruett @ SpeedTV floated that one. I think the scenario was that the GA exercise would keep the team together and keep Roger on the Porsche payroll. Not sure I buy it, especially when they could just as easily keep the P2 program going (even scaled back to 1 car), but I guess this is why it's silly season.

The Forsythe deal...who knows what Gerry's thinking.

This may the beginning of a series of very bad developments

I think this off-season is going to be full of bad developments all around. I'll be shocked if any series manages not to lose a fair number of entries.

Methanolandbrats
10-23-08, 05:46 PM
At this point the only series that does'nt suck is ALMS, might as well kill that one too. :irked:

Gnam
10-23-08, 06:29 PM
Speculation is the P1 class is getting favorable rule changes for next year that will make it more difficult for P2 cars to challege for overall wins. Porsche says it won't race for class victories alone and pulls out for a year while its P1 car is put together. And to make sure Penske's team is around to run the P1 car in 2010, they slum around in Grand Am for a year. :cry:

Pretty lame. :shakehead

pchall
10-23-08, 07:26 PM

I just don't believe that Porsche and Audi would run P1 at the same time.

STD
10-23-08, 08:14 PM

It isn't like Roger can't afford to keep the team in place and help develop the P1 car.
I think he may have done this before and with Porsche.
;)

pchall
10-24-08, 06:55 AM
For what its worth, apparently Forsythe Racing has acquired UnderaCheever Racing in its entirety. That means they have the DP constructor's license for the Coyote chassis (formerly FabCar).

chop456
10-24-08, 07:38 AM
The garbage league is also supposedly losing their two biggest sponsors, so I wouldn't call this a net gain.

Even if they're able to claim victory, victorious crap is just that. :tony:

extramundane
10-24-08, 09:45 AM
The garbage league is also supposedly losing their two biggest sponsors, :

Jim and Brian France?

ferrarigod
02-17-09, 09:53 PM
The Sebring provisional entry list is out. 25 entries, no Penske Porsche.

:cry::cry:Double Sad. But I'll be there anyway.

Can't miss the Peugeot and new R15.:tony:

Rogue Leader
02-17-09, 10:48 PM
The Forsythe deal...who knows what Gerry's thinking.

Better than nothing?

extramundane
02-17-09, 11:40 PM
Better than nothing?

Apparently Gerry was thinking nothing's better than GA, since he didn't show up again after his one test.

NismoZ
02-19-09, 07:42 PM
25 entries!?:eek:...hope the pits can handle 'em.:rolleyes:

extramundane
02-19-09, 09:00 PM
25 entries!?:eek:...hope the pits can handle 'em.:rolleyes:

27 now. Break out the champale & blunts.