PDA

View Full Version : IRL Points Breakdown

NismoZ
10-23-08, 02:57 PM
Seems the IRL is thinking about increasing points for road and street course qualifying. Why? Is it an admission that it's a more difficult thing to do? "Driving" is tougher that flat-footing and pointing? Interesting, but unless there is an equal number of road/street courses to ovals would this be a "fair" move? Could be a WGAF ? but could also signal a move to more roads and streets, which isn't all bad IMO. (Oreo at ESPN.com)

cameraman
10-23-08, 03:10 PM
Could be a WGAF ?

Could be???
:rolleyes:

Insomniac
10-23-08, 03:38 PM
Yet they want to continue to give more points than there are entrants. :rolleyes: WGAF indeed.

NismoZ
10-23-08, 03:45 PM
..and turbos, and push2pass and option tires and paddle shifters, some standing starts and no air boxes and more road courses and...at least I prefer my views to those hoping for a plane crash. A better direction, maybe not the best, but better than fewer road courses big blocks, full cages and Friday "qualifying" races.

NismoZ
10-23-08, 03:48 PM
More points than entrants? Hey, the next team that signs up gets a reward!:D

Michaelhatesfans
10-24-08, 01:47 AM
Seems the IRL is thinking about increasing points for road and street course qualifying. Why?

Probably some sort of extortion to get Foyt to attend.

Not that I give a ****.
:cool:

miatanut
10-28-08, 03:41 PM
..and turbos, and push2pass and option tires and paddle shifters, some standing starts and no air boxes and more road courses and...at least I prefer my views to those hoping for a plane crash. A better direction, maybe not the best, but better than fewer road courses big blocks, full cages and Friday "qualifying" races.

I don't hope for a plane crash. I hope for the whole thing to disappear even more than it has now, to the point the teams have no choice but to take back control of the sport.

The one thing which has been made abundantly clear the last 30 years is that the sport works best when it is being run by the people with oil running in their veins.

pchall
10-28-08, 10:29 PM
I don't hope for a plane crash. I hope for the whole thing to disappear even more than it has now, to the point the teams have no choice but to take back control of the sport.

The one thing which has been made abundantly clear the last 30 years is that the sport works best when it is being run by the people with oil running in their veins.

November 1978 --- the first mention in print I remember about the formation of CART.

Sean Malone
10-28-08, 11:03 PM
Penske, Ganassi, Andretti the Lesser, Haas 'taking back control of the sport'?
Wait...LOL, I'm laughing...LOL..too...hard...to....type....LOL!... .LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next you'll tell me Gentilozi has a 'plan'. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: