PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Ipod Nano

mapguy
10-23-08, 05:43 AM
Got one for the wife's b-day. Great sound, looks cool but it is a pain in the ass to set up. I created a seperate directory and had my wife put the tunes she wants in there. But when I synched thru iTunes I got all the songs on there. How the heck do I fix this bloody thing?

chop456
10-23-08, 06:40 AM
Don't use auto sync. Wipe the iPod and start over or delete all the songs you don't want from the iPod.

If I were you, I'd just throw it out and buy a new one. Helping the economy and all...

Methanolandbrats
10-23-08, 08:13 AM
If I were you, I'd just throw it out and buy a new one. Helping the economy and all...
I agree, any true American should landfill as many items as possible and charge new stuff. Prosperity for all :thumbup:

devilmaster
10-23-08, 08:44 AM
might as well pile on....

you should probably find an IT friend to do this for ya, being a heating/cooling guy... ;) j/k

dando
10-23-08, 09:23 AM
Did you perform the procedure with or w/o pants? :gomer:

-Kevin

Cam
10-23-08, 10:32 AM
Did you perform the procedure with or w/o pants? :gomer:

-Kevin

Keyboard insurance! :rofl:

Insomniac
10-23-08, 10:54 AM
Got one for the wife's b-day. Great sound, looks cool but it is a pain in the ass to set up. I created a seperate directory and had my wife put the tunes she wants in there. But when I synched thru iTunes I got all the songs on there. How the heck do I fix this bloody thing?

It will by default sync everything in your iTunes library. Next to each track is a check box. Uncheck the tracks you don't want to sync. Then in the options with the Nano connected, choose to only sync checked music.

mapguy
10-30-08, 07:44 PM
This is the biggest piece of spit. I really want to take a hammer to it and smash it to bits. I have tried everything and nothing works.

indyfan31
10-30-08, 11:38 PM
This is the biggest piece of spit. I really want to take a hammer to it and smash it to bits. I have tried everything and nothing works.
Insomniac's method is the simplest, although if you have a couple thousand songs, it could take some time.
Go into iTunes and Ctrl-click on any of the songs that DON'T have a check mark, this will check all of them. Then create a new playlist (or several), drag all the songs you want into each playlist. Plug in the iPod and let it sync. Once plugged in, you can still go to options and tell it what songlists to sync. When you're ready to use it, just pick the playlist that has the songs you like, it'll ignore the rest.

If that fails send it to me, I had a 12-year-old show me how to use it. All three of mine work just fine now.

Dirk Diggler
10-30-08, 11:44 PM
...create a new playlist (or several), drag all the songs you want into each playlist. Plug in the iPod and let it sync. Once plugged in, you can still go to options and tell it what songlists to sync. When you're ready to use it, just pick the playlist that has the songs you like, it'll ignore the rest.

Playlists are your friend.:thumbup:

Napoleon
11-26-08, 03:20 PM
It will by default sync everything in your iTunes library. Next to each track is a check box. Uncheck the tracks you don't want to sync. Then in the options with the Nano connected, choose to only sync checked music.

That is exactly what I do with mine. I love my Nano.

TrueBrit
11-26-08, 05:28 PM

For some reason this just tickles me... "smash it to bits":rofl::laugh::rofl:

Ankf00
11-26-08, 05:40 PM
mapguy sucks at the internets?

Don Quixote
11-26-08, 05:51 PM
I love this thread. :D

Robstar
11-26-08, 08:04 PM
Open iTunes without the Nano plugged in & switch off automatic syncing. Create a playlist eg "Mappy no pants' playlist"
Drag (or right-click & "add to playlist") all the songs you want up to the Nano's storage limit. Plug in the Nano & on the left hand side menu, click on "Mapguy" or whatever you named your ipod when you first plugged it in & then up the top click on the music tab.
You should have all the default playlists (eg "90's music" etc) plus "Mappy no pants' playlist" & the option to sync only selected playlists so just select that one only & hit sync.
Later down the track you just create & playlist for your wife or whoever & when they borrow they just sync their playlist as above. When you want it back you just sync only your playlist & it will write over her playlist until she wants to borrow it next. Hope that wasn't too convaluded & helps.

That's the way I do it anywho...

racermike
11-28-08, 03:18 AM
http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

Have not used iTunes since (except to download the podcasts I want, but I load iPod with Anapod)