PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics Out At Long Beach

NismoZ
10-21-08, 01:02 PM
Well, thats "progress." Indy Lights rule!:yuck:

Mike Lawler
10-22-08, 06:52 AM

And I bet Edmonton...... for the same reason.

opinionated ow
10-22-08, 07:35 AM

this doesn't have something to do with the marijuana racing league does it?

pchall
10-22-08, 09:29 AM
source please?

I've been under the impression that the only date locked in (or out) was Trois-Rivières in the middle of August 2009.

Anyway the gomers want the Atlantic Championship to go away, so expect them to lock Atlantic out of every race weekend they can. Besides, the fastest Atlantic drivers make the tail end of the IRL grid look bad at a circuit like Edmonton.

Andrew Longman
10-22-08, 09:40 AM
I spoke with some team members at the NJ race and they believed their schedule would pretty much be aligned with ALMS.

Of course Atlantics and Lights shared weekends for many years.

This seals and already shut book for me though. I can't possibly listen to Lights, even on TV, they sound so bad.

TravelGal
10-22-08, 10:00 AM
I hadn't expected to go to Long Beach any more anyway but, as you say, AL, this seals the deal. No racing to watch (or hear).

Sean Malone
10-22-08, 10:03 AM
I spoke with some team members at the NJ race and they believed their schedule would pretty much be aligned with ALMS.

Of course Atlantics and Lights shared weekends for many years.

This seals and already shut book for me though. I can't possibly listen to Lights, even on TV, they sound so bad.

They are the worst. I'm against mufflers on race cars, but if any car needs one, it's Lights. I think it's a way for IMS to try to fool people into thinking the Indy cars sound decent. After an hour of hearing the Lights...anything sounds good.

JLMannin
10-22-08, 11:59 AM
This is a smart move for the IRL - it will alleviate any confusion as to what the headliner series is at each race weekend.

Accipiter
10-22-08, 01:04 PM
That's sad considering the long history the series has had at the event.

Has there ever been a direct speed comparison between these ProLight cars and Atlantics?

dando
10-22-08, 01:17 PM
This is a smart move for the IRL - it will alleviate any confusion as to what the headliner series is at each race weekend.

:tony:

dando
10-22-08, 01:19 PM
Has there ever been a direct speed comparison between these ProLight cars and Atlantics?

You could go by times for both @ MO and St. Pete.

-Kevin

Dirk Diggler
10-22-08, 01:42 PM
This is a smart move for the IRL...

Funny how any sentence that begins with something like that always ends dripping with sarcasm.:thumbup: