PDA

View Full Version : The transformation is complete

IlliniRacer
10-17-08, 11:56 AM
My formal education is in Exercise Physiology - BS in Kinesiology, MS in Exercise Phys. I spent 12 years as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, training everyone from High School to Professional athletes. Great gig, but I never saw my family.

6 years ago I changed careers and started in Software Development.

Today, I realized something - I'm sitting in my basement, wearing a flannel shirt, Birkenstocks with white socks, and a full beard while writing Java code.

The transformation is complete <sigh> :cry:

Insomniac
10-17-08, 12:45 PM
My formal education is in Exercise Physiology - BS in Kinesiology, MS in Exercise Phys. I spent 12 years as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, training everyone from High School to Professional athletes. Great gig, but I never saw my family.

Today, I realized something - I'm sitting in my basement, wearing a flannel shirt, Birkenstocks with white socks, and a full beard while writing Java code.

Congratulations?

SteveH
10-17-08, 12:58 PM

No pants? :eek:

:D

Methanolandbrats
10-17-08, 01:03 PM

What's your drink of choice this time of day? :D

Sean Malone
10-17-08, 01:07 PM
WoW rocks doesn't it. ;)

G.
10-17-08, 01:21 PM
I'll bet you're running Linux, too.

Methanolandbrats
10-17-08, 01:51 PM
What's your favorite video game?

Sean Malone
10-17-08, 01:55 PM
"More Hotpockets Mom! Now!!"

Methanolandbrats
10-17-08, 02:10 PM
How many empty beer bottles are in your "office"?

oddlycalm
10-17-08, 02:35 PM
Nice when a plan comes together, but there are danger signs to be aware of. If you notice that you are not bathing regularly, if your kids begin referring to you as "that guy in the basement," if your skin is fish belly white even though it's July, if you haven't left the house in more than 10 days or haven't seen anyone outside your immediate family for a month or more then you may have become the dread telecommuter. :eek: :laugh:

oc

Don Quixote
10-17-08, 02:44 PM
I would suggest wearing a muu-muu.

Methanolandbrats
10-17-08, 03:20 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg

nrc
10-17-08, 06:49 PM
http://www.nataliedee.com/020808/nerd-tattoo.jpg

mapguy
10-17-08, 07:33 PM
Complete reverse transformation for me. Went from that to wearing a red Lowe's vest and a $40k pay cut.

Thank you New York!

:thumdown: