PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Tour of Germany cancelled.

emjaya
10-16-08, 05:02 PM
CYCLING suffered a Black Thursday when organisers announced the scrapping of the 2009 Tour of Germany the same day broadcasters pulled the plug on the Tour de France.
German media giants ARD, the number-one broadcasters here, and fellow national television channel ZDF announced Thursday they would not cover the Tour de France again because of recent cases of failed drugs testing.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24509638-23218,00.html

Wow. :eek:

Professional cycling looks like it's heading towards a major meltdown. :shakehead

opinionated ow
10-16-08, 07:44 PM
Woah!:eek:

oddlycalm
10-16-08, 07:56 PM
Professional cycling looks like it's heading towards a major meltdown. :shakehead

At least in the German corporate media. I agree though, between the financial crisis curtailing sponsors and no end to the doping it's not on firm ground.

oc

cameraman
10-17-08, 12:00 AM
I wonder what Versus will do...

I wonder how much the Germans were paying for the pool coverage and what effect that loss of cash will on the coverage.

oddlycalm
10-17-08, 04:38 AM
I wonder what Versus will do....

It's their big event of the year so I don't think they are in a position to do much other than hope. Comcast taking a stand on moral principles is about as likely as Jesse Jackson getting elected president of the LDS church...:gomer:

oc